1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Corners

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by bigbang, Sep 11, 2011.

1. bigbang

bigbang Member

Good at stopping the run, but ihave noticed both starters displaying bad pass covering technique. WE probably lost the game due to Parker Orms inexperience at the position. Just don't see the Cal reciever getting that jump ball TD in OT against a Jimmy Smith, Jalil Brown or even Chappell Brown. I even miss Donald Strickland. We need corners badly, will not mind seeing a Yuri Wright come in and start a freshman.

2. Sexton Hardcastle

Sexton Hardcastle Club Member Club Member

It's hard to place this loss on just one kid. Parker played okay throughout the day. He's just young and he's going to get picked on all season long.

3. bigbang

bigbang Member

Am not blaming Orms, Just disapointed in him that he could not turn around and make a play for the ball. The sad part is that even if that ball was an incompletion, it would have been pass interference. Still will not blame him, just saying we need better players at the position.

4. dio

dio Admin Club Member Junta Member

In chat last night Nik was point out that we're basically playing with 3 safeties and one corner. The one true corner is undersized.... and none of the '3 safeties' are very good :lol:

Orms - like Major - looks like he lost some speed from his injury. But, he is young, and him and Henderson are going to be learning on the job all season long.

5. buff4bcs1985

buff4bcs1985 Hail to the King

i blame sandersfield

6. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

I know you're joking, but here's the reality check for people.

Bell and Harrington went down in fall camp. They may have been our best 2 corners or at least in the top 3 with Henderson with all 3 having potential to be pretty good as the year progressed.

Now, we have a guy who was a walk on safety starting at one corner. I commend Sandersfeld and root for him, but that's not something that should be happening at a D1 program (let alone a BCS program).

7. JRK1212

JRK1212 Troll

So what about Hawkins, Moten, and Olatoye?

8. sliderNcider

sliderNcider MacLovin Club Member

Henderson has looked alright. I haven't noticed him much tho so that's prolly a good thing

9. buffaholic

buffaholic Club Member Club Member

Orms and Sandersfield will lose some physical matchups, that Jimmy would have won (or some other guys might have won), but they are generally where they need to be and are very sure tacklers. Jimmy (and potentially some of the others on the current roster) weren't (aren't) as reliable.

It's a trade-off and one I'm sure Brown is wrestling with.

The issue cited in the OP isn't a technique issue, it's a physical ability issue. Cal has a couple athletic guys. By the way, in 5 practices I saw, PRich never went off anything close against our DBs like he did vs. Cal. I realize that a real game is different. But also realize that Cal has 2 receivers that were more highly thought of from last season's performance than just about anyone in the PAC12

10. zbuff

zbuff Club Member Club Member

Would have made a good SoD under George W.