1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Correct me if I'm wrong

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by sackman, Nov 3, 2008.

1. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

But if my memory is correct, the only offensive starter from the CSU game that is out for the year is Ryan Miller.

I'm sorry, but I refuse to believe that the absence of one player, albeit one of tremendous ability, can have such a profound impact on the entire team. Injuries are not the reason we're getting our asses kicked. Lack of preparation, emotion, execution and desire is what's getting our asses kicked.

If I hear "we've just got to work through this" one more time, I'm gonna puke. Enough of that BS. I've heard too much of it already. The time for "working through it" was in Spring ball. The time for "working through it" was in Fall camp. NOW is the time to be executing whatever plan was put in place over the last year. Instead, we're getting garbage.

I'm pissed. :pissed3:

2. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

I think Tuoti-Mariner was well on his way to earning a starting job and Geer was out with the surgery, but your point remains.

3. leftybuff

leftybuff Iconoclast Club Member

I can understand the loss of five OL who were going to compete as beinga big obstacle. What annoys me is I see very little in improvement of the team overall, especially the O. The D is left hanging out to dry all too often...

4. sackman

Neither was a starter that day. And we had our biggest offensive output of the year that day, too. :sad2:

5. Duff Man

Don't forget the special teams. We still look lost on that unit a good portion of the time. And how freaking hard is it to find a competent punter????

The defense is definitely getting hung out to dry. They have done pretty well considering the circumstances.

6. sackman

Out of those five OL, only one - Miller - was a starter. We lost depth, nothing else.

7. Duff Man

Ah, misread the question. You're right. The thing that strikes me is how the staff keeps on talking about how they are simplifying the offense, but it is not looking that way on gameday. Some disconnect there.

8. SkiTownUSA

SkiTownUSA Administrator Club Member Junta Member

Absolutely. The defense has done a great job this season imo.

9. 66BUFF

66BUFF FTW Club Member

maybe csu and the mwc are just that bad. hell csu just took one of the best teams to the wire (byu) and this was a team that barely beat washington

10. Hank

Hank Well-Known Member

Actually, we had more first downs (22 to 19), more total yardage (392 to 367), more rushing yardage (194 to 153) and a greater time of possession (34:22 to 27:23) against A&M than CSU.

So you are wrong. Just sayin'.

11. sackman

And half the points. :rolleyes:

12. leftybuff

leftybuff Iconoclast Club Member

I thought Fataagi and Iltis were penciled in as starters at OG (?). Either way, I see your point, but I don't pooh-pooh the loss of five OL. It is a big deal. What gripes me is that the OL doesn't look goood even after essentially nine games. No improvement is disappointing.

13. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

offensive production is highly correlative with points, but not exactly anything more then that.

However, 392 yards IS improvement. Waiting for the Oline grades from this game. I am betting Bahr had his best game as a buff.

14. Hank

Hank Well-Known Member

Retracted.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2008
  15. sackman

Neither played against CSU. We have essentially the same OL today as we had on day 1. I'm not buying the excuses.