1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Corso & College game day.

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by SJBuff, Sep 18, 2010.

1. SJBuff

SJBuff Club Member Club Member

Anyone watch this morning?
    Seems like Corso's speech has gotten much better.
    I'm glad because fowler, Herbstreit and corso make a good team.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2010
  2. 4DemBuffs

4DemBuffs Most admired poster Club Member

yep. i always watch it. the 'ol man is doing better and that is a good thing. those 3 have a good chemistry.

3. Idot Buff

Idot Buff Club Member Club Member

Do you think that when we turn this bitch around, Fowler will publically acknowledge that he is a Buff?

4. 4DemBuffs

for crying out loud... :rolling_eyes:

idot

5. Idot Buff

Please explain...you are the idot.

6. 4DemBuffs

every year some buff fan has some heartache that "fowler does not do this or that with the buffs :cry::cry::cry:. why cant he :cry::cry::cry:.

that is not his ****ing job. however, over the years, he has done so pleanty of times. one weekend he chose the CU QB (cant remember the one) as the stand out/game changing player or something like that of the weekend and lee and chris just about laughed him off stage and it turns out, he was 100% right in his prediction.

keith jackson called him out as a good fan standing on the sidelines of a CU game one time. he has done several interviews where he talks about being a CU alum.

but, when it comes to the show, its not his job to pimp the CU football program. now, if CU were and good and a topic of conversation on the Game Day set, he might have something to say. however they are not. so, he has nothing to say. beyond that, his position on that show is as a moderator. not a commentator. there is a difference in those roles.

fowler does not work for the U of Colorado. he works for ESPN and in a capacity where he has to run a show that is to appeal to college football fans about relevant games. CU is not playing relevant games.

the only amazing thing about this is that you are the only one who has not figured this out. we used to get this every year on the first weekend of the year. everyone else has been able to figure it out why CF does not talk much, if at all about CU football.

1. its not his job
    2. they talk about revelant programs and games. CU is not a revelant program nor is CU vs Hawaii a revelant game
    3. when CU does have something to offer, CF has stood up for them many times in the past
    4. a moderators job is not to give opinion. its to drive the show. he does his job very well.

idot. :smile2:

7. Idot Buff

Well....all very interesting and good points. However, I think you read way too much into my comment (please refer to post #3). All I asked was, will Chris acknowledge that he is a Buff? Meaning, when we win the PAC-12, will everyone know where he went to college? You have confused me with past stupid commentators....idot.:smile2::lol::thumbsup:

8. 4DemBuffs

nice backpedal....

he already has, several times. that is what makes you an idot for even saying it. idot. :smile2:

however, when the time comes, im sure he will and herbie and lee will still give him ****. :lol:

9. Idot Buff

Blow me...I have not backpedaled on anything....if you are capable, please re-read everything above, my (former) friend.

10. 4DemBuffs

i have alread read it. i read it again. you said...

he already has done so. so, what is the problem? why make the comment when he already has. you are complaining about something that you think has not happened but, has. that is chewbacca. it just dont make sense.

also, i dont care if you dont want to be my friend anymore. you are still mine. so there! i am a nice guy like that. but, i draw the line at blowing you. that is just gross. solid hand shake with a hug maybe but, no BJ.

11. Clean Undies

Clean Undies Flagship of the 12-Pac Club Member

Quick. Somebody create a facebook page demading Game Day is in Columbus next year. We gotta see Herbstreet and Fowler supressing their biases.

12. 4DemBuffs

:lol:

13. Idot Buff

I don't get out much....he has?

And, a handshake will suffice...

14. 4DemBuffs

:shakehands:

now, why do you look so much happier than i do there?

15. Idot Buff

Thank god....we are on good terms...fowler is ok, and I can rest easy now. God bless.

16. 4DemBuffs

that "g"... that should really be a capitol "G". just saying....

:smile2:

:lol:

17. BehindEnemyLines

BehindEnemyLines beware the habu Club Member

You must be shakin' something else of his.

18. 4DemBuffs

you shut yer filthy mouth!

19. BehindEnemyLines

BehindEnemyLines beware the habu Club Member

:smile2:

20. Ruckus

Ruckus Peep my words. Club Member

He did mention CU this week when he was talking about how AJ Green's first game back will be against the Buffs. Eat it!

21. buffsyko

buffsyko Club Member Club Member

Fowler has been decent, not much to say as far as cu is concerned. On the other hand, herbstreit and his slobbering gets a bit nauseating,I know this due to family and friends all being OSU alums.

22. BuffNut99

BuffNut99 Club Member Club Member

Fowler is the best in the biz, but he holds his CU cards real close to the vest. I seem to remember him mentioning how the team "won one game during my senior year" more than anything positive.

23. UrbanaBuff

UrbanaBuff Member

Fowler is a class act. National guys shouldn't let their biases work into their broadcasts. The absolute worst is Robert Smith. He is always bringing up tOSU at every turn, and usually smirking about it with Buccigross, who's an Ohio native. Meanwhile, Herbie only talks about tOSU when their games are previewed.

24. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

Would doing a national TV ad wearing his CU jersey count?

25. GregInArlington

GregInArlington Well-Known Member

Fowler makes a point to acknowledge anyone wearing CU Gear or flying CU flags at college gameday tapings. He doesn't do it on the air - because he is the moderator of the show, and now supposed to be biased, but he doesn't shy away from his CU background at all.

26. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

This.

Fowler is 100% pure class. He doesn't make any secret of his affiliation with CU, but he doesn't flaunt it, either. He's a fantastic representative of what a CU education provides.

27. Idot Buff

That would qualify. Has that happened? UTube link, please.

28. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

Can't find it. But Gameday had a commercial with the guys in their respective school jersies.

29. buffsyko

buffsyko Club Member Club Member

On the other hand, Bob Davie and that stinking pile of dung craig james make me want to put my testicles in a blender and hear my own screams rather than listen to those two jackasses. While i'm on the subject, is there a more self serving , ARROGANT POS than DOUG GOTLEIB? He is the most douchiest of all people. Anyone who brags on espn about their p90x body is an effing tool.

30. NW Buff

NW Buff Club Member Club Member

Sigh... I think Buff fans should be proud of CF's professionalism and how that reflects on CU instead of focusing on the fact that he's not a drooling homer like some of the other idots on ESPN.

BuffAlum2007 likes this.