What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Cory Higgins invited to Nuggets training camp

RK

UBL
I would Love to sim him in a nuggets jersey
@nuggetsnewsBenjamin Hochman

Cory Higgins, a former U of Colorado standout, will be a #nuggets training camp invitee, league source said

Nuggets beat writer Benjamin Hochman on twitter today:

Former CU standout Cory Higgins actually standing out at #nuggets practice, hit 3 3s in a row in scrimmage

Nuggs are short on players on the roster. This could end up with him being more than the typical polite nod to the local kid/camp fodder thing. Cory has a legit shot at making the roster and once you become part of a roster staying is a lot easier.

Nuggs are short on players on the roster. This could end up with him being more than the typical polite nod to the local kid/camp fodder thing. Cory has a legit shot at making the roster and once you become part of a roster staying is a lot easier.

I agree with everything except for the bolded part. How many times do we see NBA teams sign people for 10 day contracts or send players back and forth between the developmental league and the nba. Staying in the NBA is actually extremely difficult for players like corey, because teams are always looking to upgrade their perimeter defense, and consequently, it's guys like corey, that aren't exceptional at anything, are the first to go. Not saying that I don't believe Corey can make an impact and stay on the roster, but I think he will need to show George his willingness to play full effort defense. Good luck to corey, and I would LOVE to see a buff in the powdah blues.

He will prolly bounce back and forth between the league and the ndbl. Now, if he's worked on his outside shot and his handling skills, there may be value as a backup pg -- he would bring decent defense, safe ball handling, and the threat of an occasional 3 off the bench. He's got a shot to stick somewhere, but the odds are kinda long right now.

I agree with everything except for the bolded part. How many times do we see NBA teams sign people for 10 day contracts or send players back and forth between the developmental league and the nba. Staying in the NBA is actually extremely difficult for players like corey, because teams are always looking to upgrade their perimeter defense, and consequently, it's guys like corey, that aren't exceptional at anything, are the first to go. Not saying that I don't believe Corey can make an impact and stay on the roster, but I think he will need to show George his willingness to play full effort defense. Good luck to corey, and I would LOVE to see a buff in the powdah blues.

Agree with you completely that staying in the NBA is hard. Lots of movement at the end of teams rosters.

On the other hand once a guy gets on a roster it seems easier for him to get another real shot either with the same team or another team. I would rather be the guy who gets a chance to spend time bouncing on and off than the guy who gets one shot and ends up playing in Israel or Korea because nobody will give me a legitimate chance.

A huge advantage that Corey has is that he is known for his effort, good attitude, and ability to get along with coaches and teammates. Those are all things that make it much easier for a team to keep you around once you make a roster. The fact that while he is a natural 2 he can handle the ball a little and help at the point and even defend against small 3's will also help him.

Agree with you completely that staying in the NBA is hard. Lots of movement at the end of teams rosters.

On the other hand once a guy gets on a roster it seems easier for him to get another real shot either with the same team or another team. I would rather be the guy who gets a chance to spend time bouncing on and off than the guy who gets one shot and ends up playing in Israel or Korea because nobody will give me a legitimate chance.

A huge advantage that Corey has is that he is known for his effort, good attitude, and ability to get along with coaches and teammates. Those are all things that make it much easier for a team to keep you around once you make a roster. The fact that while he is a natural 2 he can handle the ball a little and help at the point and even defend against small 3's will also help him.

Another HUGGGE advantage is his dad's connections. Also it doesn't hurt when you got MJ on your support team.

Back