What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Could Buffaloes Coach Tad Boyle Be A Candidate At Kansas State?

Thanks.. dunno how rep works, but it sounds good haha.

Nate Bukaty of 810 sports in KC, is still trying to keep the rumor alive though.

https://twitter.com/#!/nate_bukaty/status/185114278330761218

I think somebody needs to explain to this doof that CU is a better job than KSU. Better school, better conference, better facilities, better AD, better fans and yes, better money. There is not a single thing that would cause somebody to leave CU to take a job at KSU.

Like a nooob has any rep power to begin with. I hate receiving rep from those ****ers. I get all excited about my 5 new notifications every couple hours and one of them is from some nobody. Weaksauce.

Someone needs to send them the article in Mile High Sports :lol:

I would imagine that CU is going to have to pony up a few bucks either this year, or the next to keep Tad.

FYI (Not saying Tad has any intention of leaving, but he will use it to leverage more money, which IMO he does deserve. I would bet that you guys will be dropping 1.2-1.4 mil a season to him soon enough).

I would imagine that CU is going to have to pony up a few bucks either this year, or the next to keep Tad.

FYI (Not saying Tad has any intention of leaving, but he will use it to leverage more money, which IMO he does deserve. I would bet that you guys will be dropping 1.2-1.4 mil a season to him soon enough).

That's what we fully expect guaranteed with incentives that could pay him over $2 million.

I'll admit it. Until I hear a confirmed NO from Boyle, these make me nervous.
If you read the comment section there is a twitter from Eric Goodman (morning radio with Kiszla). He asked Tad about the KState rumor. Tad told Goodman his only interest is making CU a successful program.

Tad: "Don't have interest in other jobs. Want to do something special at CU."

Last edited:
KState's best recruit just decommitted. For some super-fishy reason, he didn't sign a LOI, just some sort of Financial Aid Agreement.

Between Snyder telling Martin to run for the hills and this....

That place is a disaster.

KState's best recruit just decommitted. For some super-fishy reason, he didn't sign a LOI, just some sort of Financial Aid Agreement.

Between Snyder telling Martin to run for the hills and this....

That place is a disaster.

I wouldn't be surprised if more student athletes started doing this. The LOI is completely binding, and the way coaches move around these days, if I were a top notch athlete, I wouldn't bind myself to an institution in case the situation changed on me.

I wouldn't be surprised if more student athletes started doing this. The LOI is completely binding, and the way coaches move around these days, if I were a top notch athlete, I wouldn't bind myself to an institution in case the situation changed on me.

:nod:

If you're good enough to have leverage, you may as well just reserve your spot in the early period and make sure that the coach doesn't get fired or bolt for another program.

I know there are arguments that the kid signs with the school, not the coach but I would be in favor of some sort of conditional release being automatic if a coach leaves before a kid officially enrolls in classes. I would also give kids an out in the event that a coaches or schools actions result in the school being penalized for certain violationsl

I know there are arguments that the kid signs with the school, not the coach but I would be in favor of some sort of conditional release being automatic if a coach leaves before a kid officially enrolls in classes. I would also give kids an out in the event that a coaches or schools actions result in the school being penalized for certain violationsl
Slippery slope, IMO. The kid is at the school getting monetary gain from the school. If he just ups and leaves, isnt the school the one that pays? If they lost out on a recruit because that kid was there but he then leaves, doesn't the school suffer somewhat? Schools invest a great deal of time and effort in these kids too.

Last edited:
Slippery slope, IMO. The kid is at the school getting monetary gain from the school. If he just ups and leaves, isnt the school the one that pays? If they lost out on a recruit because that kid was there but he then leaves, doesn't the school suffer somewhat? Schools invest a great deal of time and effort in these kids too.

I am cautious of it as well. That is why it would only be available under very limited conditions. Coach (or you could include assistant coach) who recruited the kid leaves. Also the day the kid starts attending classes he is locked in.

The other part only would take effect if the school was found guilty of a specifed level of major violations.

If you don't have a system that binds the kids they just move around to whoever is the "highest bidder" in terms of TV exposure and getting guys drafted. On the other hand the coach promises the kid the world then takes another job before the kid ever sees a classroom and the kid is stuck. In this case the school hasn't spent any money on him other than what they spent recruiting him.

I'm surprised there aren't more rumors about your coach and the kjuco state job. That said, I'm pretty sure your coach is smart enough to stay well clear of the lil apple.

Danny Manning to Tulsa. Here's to him rising the ranks quickly and providing KU with (yet another) solid coaching option should Self ever leave.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bas.../danny-manning-agrees-coach-tulsa-sources-say

Agreed. Tulsa has been a nice stepping stone for D1 coaches. Funny thing is, Sutton (hc, ORU) turned down the Tulsa job. He was offered and shudda taken it, imo.

agree in principle, get that KU Larry Brown tree out there succeeding...let's go Terps...!!!!. but, it's been a while since Tulsa was a serious feeder to top D-1 jobs....very underrated basketball school, but the stepping stone thing was at its peak in the 80's/90's with Nolan Richardson, , Tubby Smith, and others. some real tournament success. since, pretty stable or average.

back to back Sweet 16's in 94, 95. elite 8 (!) in 2000. accordin to wiki, about 10-12 NCAA tournament wins b/ween 90-2002 or so. pretty good.

Last edited:
agree in principle, get that KU Larry Brown tree out there succeeding...let's go Terps...!!!!. but, it's been a while since Tulsa was a serious feeder to top D-1 jobs....very underrated basketball school, but the stepping stone thing was at its peak in the 80's/90's with Nolan Richardson, , Tubby Smith, and others. some real tournament success. since, pretty stable or average.

back to back Sweet 16's in 94, 95. elite 8 (!) in 2000. accordin to wiki, about 10-12 NCAA tournament wins b/ween 90-2002 or so. pretty good.

I believe Bill Self also coached there. jus sayin

I believe Bill Self also coached there. jus sayin

yup. that was in my post at one time, but i edited something and it disappeared. netbook keyboard a bit whack sometimes. also sent Buzz Peterson to Tennessee i think and someone to Fla State...Kennedy?

Yeah, we need to pray that Self continues to rock it at Kansas. After his performance this year with a less talented Kansas team than prior years, he should be safe for at least a few more years. The AD needs to get out in front of the Boyle money issue, though. If I got a call specifically asking for money to up Tad's contract, I'd give a couple hundred (what I can afford).

The funny thing that keeps making me scratch my head is the money issue, where some other school is going to come and outbid us. There may be a few (the blue bloods), but Colorado is actually a relatively large revenue producing AD already and ,especially with the Pac 12 TV money about to kick in, we will have substantially more starting this year. Also, BBall is starting to get substantial money in its own right from attendance, NCAA tourney etc. I think that the "CU is broke" belief from the post Barnett buyout days is now false.

The funny thing that keeps making me scratch my head is the money issue, where some other school is going to come and outbid us. There may be a few (the blue bloods), but Colorado is actually a relatively large revenue producing AD already and ,especially with the Pac 12 TV money about to kick in, we will have substantially more starting this year. Also, BBall is starting to get substantial money in its own right from attendance, NCAA tourney etc. I think that the "CU is broke" belief from the post Barnett buyout days is now false.

^^This^^

Plus from a standpoint of value the school is going to do what it has to do to keep Tad around. A simple look at the crowds? of 3,000 that we were drawing a few years ago compared with the crowds of 8,000+ that we are drawing now and the accompanying revenues generated by these crowds plus all the rest of the attention around the program makes paying Tad a no brainer.

you guys want to keep Tad around? Buy CU basketball season tickets. They aren't that expensive and would really help push that program into serious profitability.

you guys want to keep Tad around? Buy CU basketball season tickets. They aren't that expensive and would really help push that program into serious profitability.

If you bought the GA $60 package last year, your tickets cost $3.75 per game. That's damn near theft when you include free parking. No excuse not to get tickets if you're in the area.

Yeah, we need to pray that Self continues to rock it at Kansas. After his performance this year with a less talented Kansas team than prior years, he should be safe for at least a few more years. The AD needs to get out in front of the Boyle money issue, though. If I got a call specifically asking for money to up Tad's contract, I'd give a couple hundred (what I can afford).

For the 1000th time, Boyle turned down a sizable raise before the season started so that the funds could be allocated in other places (CUnit to LA and ABQ, etc). Boyle isn't about the money. He turned down north of $2 mil last year by not going to aTm. He left a six figure job for a $27,000 assistant coaching job. If he wants more money, Bohn will give him more but I don't see that happening anytime soon.

For the 1000th time, Boyle turned down a sizable raise before the season started so that the funds could be allocated in other places (CUnit to LA and ABQ, etc). Boyle isn't about the money. He turned down north of $2 mil last year by not going to aTm. He left a six figure job for a $27,000 assistant coaching job. If he wants more money, Bohn will give him more but I don't see that happening anytime soon.

did you miss the Kansas part of his post? We have to be fools to think that he wouldn't want to coach there.

You need to read the wiki page on Tad that you said you were going to do.

He left a six figure job for a restricted earnings position that earned $16,000 a year.

And the CUnit going to to LA and & ABQ was funded by private donations (that can also be found on Tad's wiki page under "Fan Following").

You need to read the wiki page on Tad that you said you were going to do.

He left a six figure job for a restricted earnings position that earned $16,000 a year.

And the CUnit going to to LA and & ABQ was funded by private donations (that can also be found on Tad's wiki page under "Fan Following").

I read the $27,000 number on Rivals the other day. Either way, he's not about the money otherwise he would have been gone.

I'd imagine Bohn and Boyle have discussed future salary, don't y'all?

I'm pretty sure that neither of them thinks of anything before it's brought up on AllBuffs.

As an aside, it's also good that we've made Boyle aware of the fact that he needs to consider class balance issues.

As a further aside, Embree must be very glad that we clued him into the fact that creating roster depth and competition is important.

We rock. :smile2:

Back