What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Could Buffaloes Coach Tad Boyle Be A Candidate At Kansas State?

The problem with Weber and Illinois was that he had unrealistic expectations to meet, and an Elite 8 finish every year is expected at Illinois. He was set up for failure because that **** turned toxic, quick. The good thing is that KSU doesn't have delusional fans that think they're more than they really are.... oh wait. Nevermind.

You can't like the trajectory of Weber's Illinois program. Still a good coach, but an uninspiring hire.

If KSU hadn't hired him, he was poised to drop down a level and become the head guy at College of Charleston.

Southern Illinois wanted him back....

:nod:

What KSjU site did I troll with this?
NaNA.png

You always try and base arguments on a college coach being successful with "how many NBA players they produce". That's merely a fragment of it. Success in college basketball is not all about NBA talent recruited. And for the record, Meyers Leonard is a sure-thing first round pick, and has a good chance at being a lottery pick.

Weber's record speaks for itself. 313-155, including a 210-101 mark at Illinois. You're really big on "proof", Jimmy. Find me a candidate with a better record than that who would have been a realistic hire for Kansas State. Go on, prove it. Show me what you got.

Fact: If Bruce Weber was so great Illinois wouldn't have fired him.

The problem with Weber and Illinois was that he had unrealistic expectations to meet, and an Elite 8 finish every year is expected at Illinois. He was set up for failure because that **** turned toxic, quick. The good thing is that KSU doesn't have delusional fans that think they're more than they really are.... oh wait. Nevermind.

Or he's just not a big time coach. I'll go with that

You always try and base arguments on a college coach being successful with "how many NBA players they produce". That's merely a fragment of it. Success in college basketball is not all about NBA talent recruited. And for the record, Meyers Leonard is a sure-thing first round pick, and has a good chance at being a lottery pick.

Weber's record speaks for itself. 313-155, including a 210-101 mark at Illinois. You're really big on "proof", Jimmy. Find me a candidate with a better record than that who would have been a realistic hire for Kansas State. Go on, prove it. Show me what you got.

First two years at Illinois with players that Bill Self recruited: 63-9 2 Big Ten Titles. one Sweet 16 and one Final Four

Next 7 years at Illinois with his players: 147 -92 0 Big Ten Titles ZERO Sweet 16 appearances.

Big ten conf record first 2 years: 28-4
Big Ten conf record next 7 yrs: 61-61
Bottom line: Bruce Weber isn't that good of a coach. I win another argument on allbuffs.

Last edited:
First two years at Illinois with players that Bill Self recruited: 63-9 2 Big Ten Titles. one Sweet 16 and one Final Four

Next 7 years at Illinois with his players: 147 -92 0 Big Ten Titles ZERO Sweet 16 appearances.

Big ten conf record first 2 years: 28-4
Big Ten conf record next 7 yrs: 61-61
Bottom line: Bruce Weber isn't that good of a coach. I win another argument on allbuffs.

You didn't answer the question. In fact, you completely ducked it.

You can't win an argument if you dodge the question being asked. I repeat: Find a candidate with a better record/better overall resume that would have been a realistic hire for Kansas State. If Weber is as awful as you say, then it shouldn't be hard for you to name one. What are you waiting for?

Find me one, and you'll win. Until then, you just come across as one that loves to complain and bitch about hires, but can't back it up.

Name a realistic better candidate for them.

Last edited:
You didn't answer the question. In fact, you completely ducked it.

You can't win an argument if you dodge the question being asked. I repeat: Find a candidate with a better record/better overall resume that would have been a realistic hire for Kansas State. If Weber is as awful as you say, then it shouldn't be hard for you to name one. What are you waiting for?

Find me one, and you'll win. Until then, you just come across as one that loves to complain and bitch about hires, but can't back it up.

Name a realistic better candidate for them.

I just crushed your take that Weber has a good resume. The guy sucks. .500 coach who flopped at a Big 10 school. Frickin John Groce would have been a better hire than Weber. Which is why Illinois fired Weber and hired Groce.

And I'm not bitching, I'm just giving you the truth. Bruce Weber sucks and will be gone from KjSU in 4 years.

I just crushed your take that Weber has a good resume. The guy sucks. .500 coach who flopped at a Big 10 school. Frickin John Groce would have been a better hire than Weber. Which is why Illinois fired Weber and hired Groce.

And I'm not bitching, I'm just giving you the truth. Bruce Weber sucks and will be gone from KjSU in 4 years.

You didn't "crush" anything, Jimmy. Get over yourself...you're way too old for some of the childish tone you constantly spew.

It's a pretty simple scenario that you still seemingly can't comprehend. Bruce Weber is not a 'wow' hire, as I've clearly stated. However, look at the other KSU candidates for the job. It is an extremely weak field, made up of two obscure longtime assistants, an obscure mid-major coach that hasn't reached the NCAA tournament, and an ESPN anchor with a past penchant for stealing credit cards. It's not hard to see why Weber is clearly the strongest candidate. You can nitpick and hack up his record in different ways to manipulate your point of view, but his overall record speaks for itself: 313-155 (.669). This included 103-54 (.656) at Southern Illinois and 210-101 (.675) at Illinois. Considering Frank Martin has a 117-54 mark (.684), there's a minute difference in their overall results. Overall, Martin's stereotypical teams at KSU would be decent, make the Dance, and get knocked out on the opening weekend. That's what Bruce Weber's teams often did. This simply isn't a huge drop-off.

You didn't "crush" anything, Jimmy. Get over yourself...you're way too old for some of the childish tone you constantly spew.

Brilliant. Really.

In jimmy's mind - jimmy wins.

In reality - jimmy might have a good argument but he basically runs it into the ground by being such a jerkoff.

I always use an internet argument flowchart when I am on allbuffs. I haven't lost an argument since I invented the internet.

Weber is a pretty good coach. Illinois was having a good season early before new AD Thomas came in and cut Weber off at the knees. I think he'll have good run at K St. Especially if he brings in his own kind of player, like he did at SIU.

Weber is a pretty good coach. Illinois was having a good season early before new AD Thomas came in and cut Weber off at the knees. I think he'll have good run at K St. Especially if he brings in his own kind of player, like he did at SIU.

I'm sure Hitler would have loved him at KSU.

*thanks Buffnik it really works.

I was wondering how Bill Self managed to recruit a cornerback to Oklahoma State.

It's a pretty simple scenario that you still seemingly can't comprehend. Bruce Weber is not a 'wow' hire, as I've clearly stated. However, look at the other KSU candidates for the job. It is an extremely weak field, made up of two obscure longtime assistants, an obscure mid-major coach that hasn't reached the NCAA tournament, and an ESPN anchor with a past penchant for stealing credit cards. It's not hard to see why Weber is clearly the strongest candidate. You can nitpick and hack up his record in different ways to manipulate your point of view, but his overall record speaks for itself: 313-155 (.669). This included 103-54 (.656) at Southern Illinois and 210-101 (.675) at Illinois. Considering Frank Martin has a 117-54 mark (.684), there's a minute difference in their overall results. Overall, Martin's stereotypical teams at KSU would be decent, make the Dance, and get knocked out on the opening weekend. That's what Bruce Weber's teams often did. This simply isn't a huge drop-off.

Recruiting to KjSU is a lot tougher than Illinois especially since Weber doesn't seem like he'll get dirty like I believe Martin did.

Bruce Weber will not last at KjSU.

Back