What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Could this football post-season have gone any better?

You do have to ask yourself how often we got a true title game in the past few years and how often teams got in based on reputation, media pressure etc.

Exactly. I feel pretty confident that we have the 2 best teams playing in the big game.

To me, Oregon was clearly the better team across the board.

I feel a little dirty cheering so hard for Oregon.

I'm not a fan of any of the final four teams, but that didn't stop me from enjoying every second of both games and loving the outcome of each.

An Oregon win will make those goofs insufferable. The t-shirt fans will come out of the woodwork and we'll be seeing neon green and highlighter yellow "o"s everywhere. It'll be awful, but in the end, it's great for college football and won't really hurt CU, either.

For a year when CU is not participating, this has gone about as well as I could have hoped.

1. CSU lost.
2. Nebraska lost.
3. Texas lost.
4. Baylor lost.
5. Playoff is a blast.
6. New Year's Day is king again.
7. Pac-12 dominating while SEC faltering. Now a legit conversation on which conference is #1.

Good times.

0. Virginia Tech Military Bowl Champs. :woot: :woot:
0. Wisconsin Badgers Outback Bowl Champs. :woot:
1. enjoy the Schadenfreude
2. ditto
3. by God, does it have no end?
4. CU fans need something to cheer for besides other teams losing.
5. the playoff games have been good. I'll withhold further comment. I sincerely hope that everyone who has been wanting this is enjoying the games and the objective process of determining who is the "one true national champion for all of college football".
6. Yes, and that's good. However, I thought I was going to love having a full slate of big New Years games, but DVR has given me back control of my sports viewing schedule, so it wasn't that big of a deal to me. also, honestly with the timing of the holidays and weekend, I'd probably rather have them on Wed night or on Saturday.
7. wikipedia has a good page for this season's bowl summary. Pac does look good. Big game for UCLA today. No idea about the OSU/Wash game.

I also have to say I like the four team format just fine. I´m perfectly fine with the fact one Power 5 champ gets left at the altar. They´ll probably move to eight soon when they realize how much money there is in this thing, but I like that you actually have to "prove" yourself apart from winning your conference. The lack of wild cards also reduces the amount of politicking and lobbying.

The two better teams won imho. FSU hurt themselves with turnovers but a few of those were forced. Oregon deserves credit not like Winston gave them any.

I'm not a fan of any of the final four teams, but that didn't stop me from enjoying every second of both games and loving the outcome of each.

An Oregon win will make those goofs insufferable. The t-shirt fans will come out of the woodwork and we'll be seeing neon green and highlighter yellow "o"s everywhere. It'll be awful, but in the end, it's great for college football and won't really hurt CU, either.

We all have to swallow our pride here a little, but anything that helps the Pac´s reputation will be a good thing for CU in the long run.

The two better teams won imho. FSU hurt themselves with turnovers but a few of those were forced. Oregon deserves credit not like Winston gave them any.

Winston played well until FSU self destructed and he had to chase the game and therefore force things.

Winston played well until FSU self destructed and he had to chase the game and therefore force things.
Yeah I don't think he played terrible by any stretch, I was more referring to that rb more than anything. Also what Winston said after the game.

To me, Oregon was clearly the better team across the board.

I feel a little dirty cheering so hard for Oregon.

Blame it on that subversive, suggestive, and seditious thread Orr planted a couple weeks ago.

It it has been great, but I hope this AB thread doesn't jinx what's left of the bowl season.

The conference championship games are almost a defacto playoff game. Not having one in the Big 12 helped screw TCU.

The conference championship games are almost a defacto playoff game. Not having one in the Big 12 helped screw TCU.

Yup. By the time it's all said and done, OSU and UO will have played 15 games this season. One of the arguments against the playoff was that the kids would be playing too many games. I don't see anybody complaining now.

This. They should dissolve the B12 and have a P4 instead of a P5. Each conference with 16 teams or so. Winner of each conference gets into the playoff. Done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For a year when CU is not participating, this has gone about as well as I could have hoped.

1. CSU lost.
2. Nebraska lost.
3. Texas lost.
4. Baylor lost.
5. Playoff is a blast.
6. New Year's Day is king again.
7. Pac-12 dominating while SEC faltering. Now a legit conversation on which conference is #1.

Good times.

To commemorate the post-season accomplishments of Florida State, Alabama, Baylor, Oklahoma, Texas, LSU, CSU, BYU, Auburn, Mississippi State, Ole Miss, Arizona, and Nebraska, this special video is for you.

[video=youtube;w1qqG9kjZ2s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1qqG9kjZ2s[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:
I would be happy if they just imploded the Little 12 and had the conference Champs of the pac
, big, acc and sec play for the title. No one gets left out that way.

0. Virginia Tech Military Bowl Champs. :woot: :woot:
0. Wisconsin Badgers Outback Bowl Champs. :woot:
1. enjoy the Schadenfreude
2. ditto
3. by God, does it have no end?
4. CU fans need something to cheer for besides other teams losing.
5. the playoff games have been good. I'll withhold further comment. I sincerely hope that everyone who has been wanting this is enjoying the games and the objective process of determining who is the "one true national champion for all of college football".
6. Yes, and that's good. However, I thought I was going to love having a full slate of big New Years games, but DVR has given me back control of my sports viewing schedule, so it wasn't that big of a deal to me. also, honestly with the timing of the holidays and weekend, I'd probably rather have them on Wed night or on Saturday.
7. wikipedia has a good page for this season's bowl summary. Pac does look good. Big game for UCLA today. No idea about the OSU/Wash game.
Are you admitting that the playoff was actually a good idea?

Are you admitting that the playoff was actually a good idea?

I re-read my post and can't conceive how any person could take that away from anything I said. No, I think the playoffs were a terrible idea. i think fans were pushed into really shi*ty systems like the BSA and BCS which screwed things up so bad that fans believed the networks (who stand to make all the money) telling us that we needed a playoffs. Few stopped to question, "why?"

I re-read my post and can't conceive how any person could take that away from anything I said. No, I think the playoffs were a terrible idea. i think fans were pushed into really shi*ty systems like the BSA and BCS which screwed things up so bad that fans believed the networks (who stand to make all the money) telling us that we needed a playoffs. Few stopped to question, "why?"
I didn't read your post either. Just hoping. How anyone can watch yesterdays games and still think it was terrible idea is crazy to me. To each their own, I guess.

I didn't read your post either. Just hoping. How anyone can watch yesterdays games and still think it was terrible idea is crazy to me. To each their own, I guess.

I agree with this. Yesterday was all kinds of incredible. It might be so good that the 8-team playoff might not happen. The 4-team playoff keeps the regular season very much in play. You can't back in to the final four.

Jens nearly has me convinced that we should keep it at 4 teams. While 8 teams sounds terrific, I think it might dilute the value of the regular season a bit. There was no question that those four teams deserved to be there. It also helps that they kept the bowl games intact and worked them into the fabric of the playoff. That was genius. So next week, either OSU or UO will lose, but they can still say they're Sugar Bowl/Rose Bowl champions. That's great.

I haven't enjoyed a NYD that much in years. Maybe since 1991.

can we honestly not differentiate between "the quality of the games" and "the appropriateness of the system"? I think you and a few others are conflating those points.

Hmm definitely to each their own, I love the playoff idea. Alabama and Blowhio St. was one of the better games I've seen this year.

i thought the 2 games were really compelling. i'd love to see an expansion to 8. i don't want the big12 to disintegrate. better that they stay a p5 conference and go to enough teams to have a champ game. then, all the p5 champions get an auto bid into the playoffs and you have 3 at large. that would be pretty damned epic.

if the b12 dissolves, we're going to end up in some ****ty pac16 east division with all the texassss ****ers again.

I agree with this. Yesterday was all kinds of incredible. It might be so good that the 8-team playoff might not happen. The 4-team playoff keeps the regular season very much in play. You can't back in to the final four.

Jens nearly has me convinced that we should keep it at 4 teams. While 8 teams sounds terrific, I think it might dilute the value of the regular season a bit. There was no question that those four teams deserved to be there. It also helps that they kept the bowl games intact and worked them into the fabric of the playoff. That was genius. So next week, either OSU or UO will lose, but they can still say they're Sugar Bowl/Rose Bowl champions. That's great.

I haven't enjoyed a NYD that much in years. Maybe since 1991.
Agreed. Was a huge proponent of the 8 team playoff, but yesterday was so good I can an argument for leaving it as is.

4 fits in neatly with the rest of the NY6 and makes Jan 1st awesome again.

8 creates havoc in terms of who will host the games, and takes 4 of the best teams out of the NY6. It'll take a lot to expand it, imo.

can we honestly not differentiate between "the quality of the games" and "the appropriateness of the system"? I think you and a few others are conflating those points.

The quality of the games was intensified by the system that put those games in place, though. Both of those games had a lot on the line. A run of the mill bowl game between FSU and Alabama would have been nice, but it wouldn't have had the impact that those games had. You're trying to differentiate two things that are connected to begin with.

I think it will expand to 8 eventually.

I agree, and I'm not sure I like that. What we have is most definitely not broken. Don't fix a system that's not broken. Whoever wins between OSU and UW will be an undisputed champion.

Back