1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Couldnt go to the game but met a former player

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Heywood, Nov 12, 2011.

1. Heywood

Heywood The actual El Guapo Club Member

Couldnt make it to the game so I went to a local bar and met a former player. Great to get to talk with him. He had some good thoughts on the program. He believes that embo and bienemy will bring us back. he had choice words for a few former coaches and some players (current and former). We talked about the mentoring program and how it had fallen apart recently and how embo is trying to get it back together. Lots of good insight and perspective. Really gave me some hope about the future and really reinforced some things we have all felt about the past. Bummer to miss the home win in person but it was cool to meet a new friend.

2. MtnBuff

MtnBuff Not allowed in Barzil 2 Club Member

It is truly amazing the resource that CU has available in the former players. Very rare to meet one of these guys who isn't appreciative of his time in Boulder and loves the program to an extent that he is willing to step up and help when asked. Don't have any idea what Hawkins was trying to accomplish in trying for 5 years to kill this connection with the past.

I'm glad that Embree recognizes it and is trying to bring it back. When you see guys like Al Williams, a college HOF player, along with other guys who were multi-year contributors to teams that went ot significant bowl games and won big games it can't help but rub off on the young guys that this program is a significant program where winning should be the norm.

3. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

Heywood, you are no longer allowed at games, bcs has to post his gameday thing at exactly midnight and JRK his at 3:19 AM.

Jinx stuff aside, good to hear. I'd like to see the alums become a big part of the program.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2011
  4. L Buff

L Buff Commissar of the Albuffs Collective Left Club Member

:wow:

5. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

:lol: I invoke the "****ing fat thumbs/iPod/auto correct" excuse! "a big" becomes "ambiguity" when the fat thumb hits "m" instead of "space bar." Right?

Last edited: Nov 12, 2011