What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Craig James leaves ESPN

That was a great article. I have coached kids, in baseball, and it is no different. One time one of my kids was at bat. The father was behind the backstop right behind the ump, catcher and his son. And, I am not making this up, the father was coaching the kid as the pitcher let go of the ball!!! That kid wasn't very good. For the most part the helicopter fathers, as with James, have sons that really can't play. And it is pervasive.

This is a lesson in politics, children. Do. Not. Anger. the pimp lobby.

That was a great article. I have coached kids, in baseball, and it is no different. One time one of my kids was at bat. The father was behind the backstop right behind the ump, catcher and his son. And, I am not making this up, the father was coaching the kid as the pitcher let go of the ball!!! That kid wasn't very good. For the most part the helicopter fathers, as with James, have sons that really can't play. And it is pervasive.

The kids get the worst of it. Dad is an overbearing prick; coach doesn't like player as a result; team generally doesn't like player either. Who knows if Adam James even likes football. Poor schmuck.

Craig James killed 5 hookers while at SMU?

(sorry, I'm so late to this party, I needed to make sure had a post somewhere where i posted that maybe Craig James killed 5 hookers while at SMU)

The whole helicopter dad syndrome is a drag. Right now my kid just plays Rec leagues. It is working well, most people are pretty cool. I have seen, from afar, the club level...no thanks. My nephew played club level baseball for a couple of years but quit and went rec league at the ripe old age of twelve. My brother said he got tired of having to explain why Mr. Jones was behaving improperly and that the F word was not to be used. He turned out all right, he played HS BB and got a scholly to a small college as a pitcher.

Back