What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Crap, now what?

Does the 13-game rule apply to FCS teams?
Good question, and good luck finding an answer.

These schools play only 11 games and have a bye on 10/19:
Stony Brook, Charlotte, Houston Baptist (they don't play a full schedule), St. Francis, Wagner, Stetson, Georgia Southern

Air Force plays Navy the week prior, and Notre Dame the week after. AND they don't play at UH, giving them a 13-game season. Even if the NCAA granted the exception, Air Force would tell us to shove it.

We. Are. Screwed. Hawaii was our best and only real chance. They might figure out a way to reschedule the Fresno game in December. That's probably our only chance at this point.

Air Force plays Navy the week prior, and Notre Dame the week after. AND they don't play at UH, giving them a 13-game season. Even if the NCAA granted the exception, Air Force would tell us to shove it.

We. Are. Screwed. Hawaii was our best and only real chance. They might figure out a way to reschedule the Fresno game in December. That's probably our only chance at this point.

San Diego State has an open game on Oct. 19, is currently only scheduled to play 12 games, and plays AT Hawaii. So they are still technically an option. There are also multiple FCS schools who would seem to be available. They will get something worked out.

Charlotte currently only has 11 games scheduled and they have an open date on 10/19. First-year program.

OK. So maybe we're not screwed. :lol:

If they're going to do this, they need to do it right away. Like today.

Good question, and good luck finding an answer.

Stony Brook, Charlotte, Houston Baptist (they don't play a full schedule), St. Francis, Wagner, Stetson, Georgia Southern

JR and I demand a home and home with HBU!

San Diego State has an open game on Oct. 19, is currently only scheduled to play 12 games, and plays AT Hawaii. So they are still technically an option. There are also multiple FCS schools who would seem to be available. They will get something worked out.

If you're San Diego State, what's your motivation for playing the game? What do they get out of it? Money, perhaps. But that's probably not their real motivating factor. If it was, Hawaii would have already agreed to do it. I suspect UH, and probably SDSU if they get around to it, are angling for more games against Pac 12 opponents. Particularly games in their home stadiums. The Pac 12 has a problem with this due to the 9-game conference schedule. OOC games are getting harder and harder to schedule.

I'd put SDSU as a very low possibility. Just above no-freaking-way.

We also need to remember we do have the chance for a Dec. 6/7 game now that Fresno is probably off the table. That could open up more options and give us our own "bowl game."

Georgia Southern would be pretty cool. An established FCS outfit. (Assuming we have to go FCS.) It would give them a big $$ year as they already play Florida in Gainesville to end the season.

C'mon RG, pull a rabbit outta your hat !

If you're San Diego State, what's your motivation for playing the game? What do they get out of it? Money, perhaps. But that's probably not their real motivating factor. If it was, Hawaii would have already agreed to do it. I suspect UH, and probably SDSU if they get around to it, are angling for more games against Pac 12 opponents. Particularly games in their home stadiums. The Pac 12 has a problem with this due to the 9-game conference schedule. OOC games are getting harder and harder to schedule.

I'd put SDSU as a very low possibility. Just above no-freaking-way.

Hawaii wanted to do it - but it would have meant that they stayed in the mainland for 8+ days. (They play UNLV in Las Vegas on October 12) Money is the only reason anybody would do it - and certainly the big reason why these smaller schools, and particularly a brand new program like Charlotte, would probably love to get that $600,000 payday.

The University of Hawaii has turned down a proposal to play Colorado next month in a school-record seventh football road game, UH athletic director Ben Jay said today.Jay met with Colorado AD Rick George in Dallas today where they are attending the NCAA Division I athletic directors meetings.
CU had sought UH as an opponent for an Oct. 19 game in Boulder, Colo., an open date for both schools.
The Buffaloes became in need of an opponent when their Sept. 14 home game with Fresno State was cancelled due to heavy flooding in Colorado. But Fresno State and CU were unable to find a mutually workable date to reschedule.
"I've notified athletic director Rick George so that they can begin finding another opponent and petition the NCAA if it is a Football Championship Subdivision team," Jay said.
Had UH taken the game, it would have meant playing four road games in a five-week period.
CU is believed to have offered UH more than $600,000 to accept the game.
"I don't want to go into the reasons why we made the decision, but Norm (Chow) and I decided not to play Colorado," Jay said.

Damn tired of everything that goes on with CU football has to be awkward / clumsy and just a pain in the @ss. Eve when our state falls on hard times with the recent floods and fires, people really could give a crap. What happened to the days when people cared and tried to support those in need? I know I am and have been taking notes for a while now, on who to and not to help.

I can see paying UH or SDSU $600 Grand. If we pay Stetson or Charlotte that kind of money, I'll be pissed. Of course, we're not exactly in a position to be making many demands.

I would send an email with all the teams on there. First one to reply get $300k and a game day in boulder

Damn tired of everything that goes on with CU football has to be awkward / clumsy and just a pain in the @ss. Eve when our state falls on hard times with the recent floods and fires, people really could give a crap. What happened to the days when people cared and tried to support those in need? I know I am and have been taking notes for a while now, on who to and not to help.

Relax. This isn't some conspiracy to stick it to CU. An athletic director has to do what's best for his school. That doesn't always mean taking a paycheck.

screw hawaii - that is 2 things now that makes me dislike them. Will not be taking my family and $ to that state. C'ya... not that they would care.

**** Massachusetts. I will not be attending the game there next year. I went to Boston Market for lunch yesterday and got food poisoning. **** that stupid state.

Does the 13-game rule apply to FCS teams?

One more thing to put up for discussion here......A few years ago, Delaware State (I think) forfeited a conference game to play Michigan for a payday, and they of course lost big. Not sure how likely that would be with a Portland State....but you never know. I still think we're getting the waiver if we have to go the FCS route---the NCAA would be creating more bad pub for themselves if they didn't give us one, and I think Larry Scott will go to bat for us, as well. We'll be fine......I'm just glad we have an opponent to look forward to at the end of the week!

screw hawaii - that is 2 things now that makes me dislike them. Will not be taking my family and $ to that state. C'ya... not that they would care.

Your loss

a7ygytu4.jpg

heqerude.jpg

And no, we wouldn't care.

Back