What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Crawley, Wright, and Mosley

Quattro

Club Member
Club Member
BANNED
All three of CU's prominent sophomore defensive backs say they are committed to staying in Boulder and helping lead the program back to the postseason and respectability. Mosley and Wright said they never considered leaving when the coaching change happened, though they were disappointed to see the coaches who recruited them go.

Crawley said he considered leaving CU more than once last fall because of personal issues but Embree always talked him into staying. He said he initially felt uncertain about his future in Boulder when the coaching change was made, but he likes the new coaches and is eager to get back on the field and start learning everything he can from them. He even sees himself as a potential team leader this year and in the future.

http://www.buffzone.com/cu-news/ci_22675171/football-cu-buffs-secondary-set-new-coaching-style

:gobuffs:

These are needed pieces of the puzzle. Great news.

Last edited:
Sounds like they fully bought in. Good news for them, but also the team in general. Hopefully Mac is more of a uniter and less of a divider as his two predecessors were.

Awesome news. Still worry a bit about Crawley being a little temperamental but I understand a young man with so much responsibility in addition to being in a new place having a hard time. It makes me feel better about the new staff. I think the team can see the vision along with a clear blueprint that may have been missing with the last staff.

Great news.

On a side note, 3 interceptions the entire season? Damn.

You'd think you'd get 1 game with that, right? 3 over 12 is not easy to accomplish. Got to blame a lot of that on scheme. Obviously no QB was ever confused or uncomfortable because of what look we were showing him.

I do believe we have some talent. And as far as experience goes, our sophomores have played a lot of snaps. I'm having trouble wrapping my head around the fact that guys like Henderson and Daigh are now junior leaders of the defense. It goes by so fast.

Heart dropping thread title. With two assistant and a GA (assuming Chapelle Brown stays on), hopefully these guys can receive some good individual coaching and become the strong point of this team. I know Greg Brown is a good secondary coach, but it never made sense to me to have him coordinating the entire defense, while also coaching corners and safeties.

Heart dropping thread title. With two assistant and a GA (assuming Chapelle Brown stays on), hopefully these guys can receive some good individual coaching and become the strong point of this team. I know Greg Brown is a good secondary coach, but it never made sense to me to have him coordinating the entire defense, while also coaching corners and safeties.

Brown did neither job well, that's too obvious.

Coaching? Schemes? Blueprint for succeeding? What a series of concepts! As was pointed out, HCMM's first huge recruiting success was WB's team; now its time to take the talent available and move forward with it.

Its still my opinion that the talent CU has was frozen last year, by the lack of sound coaching and as a result they were tentative and hesitant, rather than slow and weak. Crawley and Wright are perfect examples: they are both 4* talents who looked "slow" because they were very tentative and badly under-coached. The talent is around here, it just needs to be coached and schemed up.

Good, Moseley and Crawley looked great at times. Wright was dinged up but also had some flashes. Given time, these guys are going to be very good.

You'd think you'd get 1 game with that, right? 3 over 12 is not easy to accomplish. Got to blame a lot of that on scheme. Obviously no QB was ever confused or uncomfortable because of what look we were showing him.

No pressure + freshmen corners on islands will do that to you.

I think MM and staff deserve some recruiting props for the current players. The status of a ton of our players was pretty up in the air following the extremely volatile situation with Embree. They may not have pulled in a great freshman recruiting class, but if that was in part due to their recruiting efforts with the current players, then I am all for it.

When it comes to Crawley, I'll believe it when I see him lining up this fall wearing a Buffs uni. Guy doesn't just blast the school on Twitter and then fully commit to the program he claims to hate a month later. If he's truly in, I'll happily cheer him on this fall. I just don't put a lot of stock in what he has to say.

Maybe, but consider he's what 18-19 years old? I said a lot of things at that age that probably should not have been taken seriously....

When it comes to Crawley, I'll believe it when I see him lining up this fall wearing a Buffs uni. Guy doesn't just blast the school on Twitter and then fully commit to the program he claims to hate a month later. If he's truly in, I'll happily cheer him on this fall. I just don't put a lot of stock in what he has to say.

Maybe, but consider he's what 18-19 years old? I said a lot of things at that age that probably should not have been taken seriously....

:nod: I'm pretty sure I told my mom and dad off when I was around that age.

Oh look another person who puts too much stock in what a 18 year old says on social media. It wasn't really bashing either, just disappointment that the staff that recruited him got fired. Totally understandable.

Back