What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Credit to Forman

KingPants

Club Member
Club Member
(knock on wood that I don't jinx anything).

Dave Forman and MacIntyre talked a bunch about games lost to injuries and how Forman was able to cut that down signifigantly while at SJSU. Since the start of the season, I don't think we have lost one person to an injury. Looking on Cubuffs.com, the only injuries reported all season were Bonsu with an ankle a couple of weeks ago (and he returned to the game), and Toupu and Solis with ankle injuries this week (but both are expected to play).

We are still bound to have some injuries (its a physical sport), but I am a believer in what ever he is doing, and its going to help big time if we can play teams like Cal, Az, USC (etc) with our first choice players.

(now please don't have a ton of injuries this weekend!)

you_shouldn__t_have_done_that___by_bumblepelt-d2zg1e5.png

KingPants,

Please tell me you weren't pontificating on the drought conditions on the Front Range at the beginning of September.

KingPants,

Please tell me you weren't pontificating on the drought conditions on the Front Range at the beginning of September.

We can always use the moisture...

If it makes everyone feel better, I can discuss how we also haven't won any national championships in football for awhile. If I jinx one, maybe I'll jinx both.

(knock on wood that I don't jinx anything).

Dave Forman and MacIntyre talked a bunch about games lost to injuries and how Forman was able to cut that down signifigantly while at SJSU. Since the start of the season, I don't think we have lost one person to an injury. Looking on Cubuffs.com, the only injuries reported all season were Bonsu with an ankle a couple of weeks ago (and he returned to the game), and Toupu and Solis with ankle injuries this week (but both are expected to play).

We are still bound to have some injuries (its a physical sport), but I am a believer in what ever he is doing, and its going to help big time if we can play teams like Cal, Az, USC (etc) with our first choice players.

(now please don't have a ton of injuries this weekend!)
Powell was also dinged, but it probably wasn't officially reported.

But I agree with you. This guy's program is awesome. Last year we had a bunch of injuries. I remember reading where he approaches S&C by doing things to minimize injuries...like not pushing to hard on getting the highest weights, stresses technique and reps. I also remember someone noting how the starters were always staying active on the sideline...I imagine that's part of the strategy...they don't get cool so fewer injuries.

Everyone else has been wisely avoiding bringing this topic until the end of the season, you just don't put that bad juju out there to tempt the football gods.

KingPants,

Depending on results from this major oversight, Kingpants may have to be banned from the hoops forum as a precaution.

In defense of Forman.... It's tough to prevent broken bones. It's the ligaments and tendons that usually kill teams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back