What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Criminal v Criminal (Lane v Rick, or USC v UCLA)

Man - Texass has screwed you up even more than I thought.

Fauria out 2-3 years ago, juicebox still coach, juicebox hates former players, juicebox hates CU traditions, juicebox doesn't go after CU legend's nephew. BAM! Answer in 4 degrees. And I'm sure you were being facetious too.

True on all counts! Texass has screwed me, I got the reference, and was being facetious. I love you.

Do you really think Oregon's uniforms don't help with recruiting?

I really feel bad for this generation of kids if uniforms are the thing that makes them commit to a team/university. Just continues to emphasize the "I'm in it for me" attitude of these millenials.

Really - who gives a **** about uniforms? Seems to me if the coach is someone you believe in, you like the guys on the team, the team has common goals and a vision - uniforms are just something that happens.

It's about team and friends - it's not about uniforms. Unless looking good is more important than being part of something greater than your own self image. Of course, this generation could give a **** about the team concept so I guess uniforms are more important. This generation is done.

Sorry guys, I fed our loveable troll ban these couple of posts to the Island....

I really feel bad for this generation of kids if uniforms are the thing that makes them commit to a team/university. Just continues to emphasize the "I'm in it for me" attitude of these millenials.

Really - who gives a **** about uniforms? Seems to me if the coach is someone you believe in, you like the guys on the team, the team has common goals and a vision - uniforms are just something that happens.

It's about team and friends - it's not about uniforms. Unless looking good is more important than being part of something greater than your own self image. Of course, this generation could give a **** about the team concept so I guess uniforms are more important. This generation is done.

Sorry guys, I fed our loveable troll ban these couple of posts to the Island....
What's wrong with looking good?

What's wrong with looking good?

You just proved my point - no ****ing care in the world for team. And you make it sound like the uniforms make the team better - completely ****ed up but so typical of the millenial "all about me- don't care about the team as long as I look good" mindset.

You just proved my point - no ****ing care in the world for team. And you make it sound like the uniforms make the team better - completely ****ed up but so typical of the millenial "all about me- don't care about the team as long as I look good" mindset.
No it's not all about the uniforms but since when is there something wrong with looking good and how does that make it all about me?

My theory is that the young people that remember a time without the internet -the youngest of that group having just graduated from college and older - are far more intelligent than the generation coming of age now that can't remember an age without the internet. There is a big gap between the intelligence of these two in all realms. Perfect evidence is people like tini who are more concerned about what trendy eyeliner and tampons teams wear than tradition, teamwork etc.

Geez - you really give me no hope for the millenials. The "all about me" was not about YOU-CREATINI you fool, it was a general comment reflected upon the ENTIRE generation. But since you seemed to think I was speaking directly to YOU - YOU emphasized my point even more that this generation is more concerned about themselves than anyone else.

Gaaaaahhhhh-

And now I will say that having finally seen UCLA's uniforms - they definitely aren't "sick" in 'tini terms, BUT they aren't that bad either. fUCLA's used that font before and it seemed more pussy to me than anything. Are the white helmets strange? Yeah, but that's because I've alwys been used to seeing the gold helmets.

If I were 18 again and being recruited by BCS schools, would the chance to wear those uniforms make me decide to go with fUCLA over another team? HELL NO!

Will someone please explain how in the flying **** looking good has a negative effect on teamwork and tradition? Oregon doesn't have traditional uniforms like USC, Bama, PSU, UM, etc and neither does CU.

:finger2:

I see your wife has been telling tales out of school. :haha:

I really don't think that can be it, since I don't have a wife. However, I understand that BP is fond of trying to pass himself off as my wife. I'm guessing that's what happened to you... :huh:

Those faded green Oregon uniforms sucked wind. And the feathers still suck, too. I could see kids liking uniforms, just not those.

BTW, if tini graduates, I'm losing respect for CU academics.

Those faded green Oregon uniforms sucked wind. And the feathers still suck, too. I could see kids liking uniforms, just not those.

BTW, if tini graduates, I'm losing respect for CU academics.
Have a 3.1 right now so I don't think I'm in any danger.

Someone needs to look up "generational theory", or just do any research about millenials in general. Don't let Tini and BCS give them all a bad name. Millenials are far from an "I'm in it for me" mindset and will probably end up being the most social, teamwork oriented generation in many decades. And I don't see how committing for a uni vs. committing for a coach is any more "I'm in it for me", it may be stupider but both choices are personal choices (as committing to a college should be). I just love how older generations love to bag on the youth, this is as old as time itself.

Can we talk about SC beating the piss out of Fucla and Slick heading into the inaugural championship game on the heals of a huge loss to another south team?

Someone needs to look up "generational theory", or just do any research about millenials in general. Don't let Tini and BCS give them all a bad name. Millenials are far from an "I'm in it for me" mindset and will probably end up being the most social, teamwork oriented generation in many decades. And I don't see how committing for a uni vs. committing for a coach is any more "I'm in it for me", it may be stupider but both choices are personal choices (as committing to a college should be). I just love how older generations love to bag on the youth, this is as old as time itself.

Wrong answer - seen a HUGE change in this over just the last 10 years in my time in the military. The teamwork dynamic among the new guys coming in has changed greatly in that THERE IS NONE!

I'm a firm GenXer - yes the "**** you" generation, but we still maintained a sense of teamwork when needed and understand the the need to work for the greater good. Millenials on the other hand will succumb to working in a team concept, but as soon as the task is done, their hand is out asking where's my reward? If they don't get one, they're gone. Now mind you, $$$ (bonus) is not enough. They automatically think that after one good deed, they warrant a higher position - no sense of "put in your time." They feel one accomplishment justifies higher position - not sustained superior performance. Now we're away from uniforms...**** it.

Back to SJ-

Ricky getting completely worked over. I wonder if a backed into Pac-12 South title with no bowl due to going 6-7 will be enough to save his job? I want him to come to Boulder where we can kick his ass next year.

And I can't believe that Papadakis douche actually suggested that Slick and his team was looking past U$C after they found out we beat Utah yesterday. :lol:

It's not SC's fault that La forgot how to play D.

Pathetic showing by Slick and his boys.

How do you let the best WR in the Pac 12 run alone down the middle of the field? Of all the guys to let slip through your fingers he's the last one...

Back