What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CSU AD Fired?

Things to remember about Graham

- He has said some very inflammatory things in the past that were never picked up by the local media (him and Sparkles making comments about black athletes being the big one). It isn't out of the realm that there is some scandal that Frank is heading off

- He has encouraged the CSU AD to cut corners on admitting student athletes, big time

- He has spent a crap-ton of money to bring in good coaches, but I have to see anything that would suggest they have a revenue stream to support them. I thought I read that CSU AD was borrowing heavily from the school

- His STATED goal when he was hired was to build the stadium. They aren't even close with the deadline fast approaching

- He's pissed off a huge contingent of Fort Collins residents and faculty due to this stadium project

So abs, while he has had success with W/L, Frank may not have thought it financially sustainable. That, coupled with his spectacular failure with the stadium and the other things above, as well as inflexibility with pursuing other stadium options, may have done him in.

Graham was not going to let anything stand in the way of him getting his monorail.

Posted this on Rivals and I'll copy it here. It sums up my feelings about Graham and the Graham Era.

Graham was everything about CSU players and fans that CU fans make fun of.

His mouth wrote checks his ass couldn't cash.

His vision of CSU was not based in reality.

His ways of dealing with others was full of aggressive hot air.

CSU fans loved him for it.

Now they're all getting a dose of reality.

And they will not learn a damn thing from it.

And for the record, it is delicious hearing the local media rip up CSU for once.

I do give credit to Frank for announcing this at 3pm on a Friday after the Broncos first preseason game against the Seahawks.... and doing it via email. I doubt CSU gives him a press conference :lol:

CU could learn a thing or two about timing like that :smile2:

Yep. Traditional window for the release of negative info. The hope is it will be mostly forgotten by Monday. In their case, it might even work.

... Unless the videos of the ad copulating with a goat at a satanic ritual with eustachy, sparkles, and a dozen coeds present gets released on YouTube.

Loving these rumors sneaking out (most stolen from Rivals posters)

- Not enough money to pay design costs of stadium

- Fast and loose with NCAA regulations

- Jack was a jerk who didn't get along with folks in the AD

Yep. Traditional window for the release of negative info. The hope is it will be mostly forgotten by Monday. In their case, it might even work.

... Unless the videos of the ad copulating with a goat at a satanic ritual with eustachy, sparkles, and a dozen coeds present gets released on YouTube.

keep-calm-and-ram-on-20.png

Loving these rumors sneaking out (most stolen from Rivals posters)

- Not enough money to pay design costs of stadium

- Fast and loose with NCAA regulations

- Jack was a jerk who didn't get along with folks in the AD
That could all be and they terminated for convenience in order to pay him off and avoid a big, public pissing match.

I hope they don't try to make a run at Rick George. Losing him to the rammies would be a disaster.

That could all be and they terminated for convenience in order to pay him off and avoid a big, public pissing match.

Yeah. Got to be something like that or cooking the books or something political. No way he got into trouble for his goat ****ing... unless he refused to share.

Posted this on Rivals and I'll copy it here. It sums up my feelings about Graham and the Graham Era.

Absolute truth in this post, all of it.

Jack Graham didn't need the job, he took it because he is one of those people who is absolutely dedicated to CSU football and can't believe that the rest of us aren't.

He lives by the same basic belief as most hard core Ram fans, that the world is against them but that they are just one lucky break, on big attention grabbing step, one move away from becoming the flagship athletic program in the state of Colorado.

He took the job with the idea that he was going to do whatever it took to make that move happen. When reality got in the way he did what a successful ex-athlete entrepreneur would do, he barreled forward ignoring the realities that continued to pop up around him.

Eventually he reached a point that Tony Frank as President of the university could no longer ignore. When he tried to run past that stop sign there was no option left.

Certain things have become abundantly clear in the past couple years.

The money doesn't exist to build or justify the building of the new stadium.

The hiring of high dollar coaches for football and basketball have not resulted in high dollar increases in revenues for the athletic department.

The athletic department continues to exist with heavy subsidies from the school and the direction of this continuing towards more subsidies, not less.

A souring of relations with parts of the Ft. Collins community.

With all that is happening Frank had no choice but to change direction, despite the protest of Graham and the hard core CSU fans.

If you could just rework that a bit so that it rhymed, we could give it some beats and it would make a heck of a rap.

If you could just rework that a bit so that it rhymed, we could give it some beats and it would make a heck of a rap.

Maybe just end each line with "... Ram On!" I think that could get a rousing round of snaps at a hipster coffee shop poetry/spoken word night. :wink2:

lady-gaga-hospitalized-in-colorado-for-altitude-sickness.jpg

Gaga gets altitude sickness, clearly wrecking lambs plans of weekly Gaga concerts to pay for stadium. Captain Jack gets fired as a result.

Classic case of over sell and under deliver. He could have already been a year into an on campus stadium if he would have thought logically about the situation and spent around 80 million. Then people would have already realized the benefits. All I can say if thank god we have Rick George. Dude does nothing but deliver and I love his behind the scenes attitude which is the exact opposite of graham

Supposedly, with all the deficit spending Graham has done they still have only sold about 5k season tickets. I don't know if the lack of revenue increases is what did him in but it sure didn't help his cause.

P.S. I took a look at RamNation. They're pretty much in meltdown, but there are also a ton of posts speculating that this is all part of Frank's master plan to get the stadium funded. Somehow that makes sense.

Supposedly, with all the deficit spending Graham has done they still have only sold about 5k season tickets. I don't know if the lack of revenue increases is what did him in but it sure didn't help his cause.

P.S. I took a look at RamNation. They're pretty much in meltdown, but there are also a ton of posts speculating that this is all part of Frank's master plan to get the stadium funded. Somehow that makes sense.

It all lies in this undying belief that Pat Stryker is going to finance the thing.

I guess I always assumed that Jack would cut a huge check of his own to get funding to the minimum when he saw the axe coming.

Yeah some dude over there just said frank must have good news about the stadium being fully funded and power 5 inclusion lol

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]Subject: One can ONLY assume that the guy who fired him as GREAT $ news NOW[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]Posted by: BeerFight on Fri Aug 8 2014 7:58:26 PM[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]Message:It sounds like Frank is smart enough to know he better have great money
news for firm stadium date and Big 5 inclusion.

Frank must have great news for the next couple of days. 1) Stadium all
funded and ground breaking date 2)Big 5 inclusion announcement.

:lol:
[/FONT]

Subject: One can ONLY assume that the guy who fired him as GREAT $ news NOW
Posted by: BeerFight on Fri Aug 8 2014 7:58:26 PM
Message:It sounds like Frank is smart enough to know he better have great money

That is perfect-We fired our AD because we have the funds for a stadium in place and the P5 invite that goes with it. What was the difference of opinion? JG didn't want the P5 invite from the Big12, and was insisting on holding out for the SEC offer?

Maybe they don't have sarcasm font over there. I've seen the site, it's missing a lot.

Graham was not well liked by longtime AD employees up there. He also tended to be more of a cheerleader than an AD at times. His **** talking to boosters before last year's RMS was comically sad.

Maybe Graham had visions of grandeur for the program not shared by Frank? Or maybe Frank has visions of grandeur Graham can't achieve? :lol:

I guess the CSU pres really didn't like how Graham was making his stadium donation pitches?

azato.jpg

I guess the joke's on us. Clearly, firing your AD and visionary for the stadium & P5 plans only 3 weeks before the start of the season can only mean one thing: the commitment to the stadium and P5 is stronger than ever and they just needed a new AD who has stronger ties to a P5 conference.

Been busy with work and just now saw this news.

I can only imagine lambnation. Have to admit, I won't be able to resist going over there!

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Back