What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CSU Basketball preview

RSSBot

News Junkie
The headline splashed across the DailyCamera read: "Boyle warns: "Colorado State is going to beat us by 20." *He was referring, of course, to the potential reality if the level of performance against Texas Southern carried over. *The supporting quote - "If we play like we did tonight, Colorado State is going to beat us by 20 and they're going to out-rebound us by 20" - is directly in line with Coach Boyle's usual practice of toning down the hype, and reminding the team that they're not as good as they think they are.* He further doubled down on that statement, saying after the Wyoming loss that:
"We can't beat people with our coolness. We have to beat people with our grit, our determination, execution and our toughness. If that's not our mentality then we're in for some rude awakenings." (-link)​
Simply perfect. Headed into one of the biggest games of the season, Coach Boyle has done a spectacular job both lowering expectations, with an eye towards inspiring, and avoiding potential "bulletin board material."* Hopefully his players got the message...

Wait, Spencer Dinwiddie has something to say on the subject:
"You just kind of see when the little brother beats the big brother once, then they are going to be happy, they are going to rush the court. When we win tomorrow night, I don’t think our fans are going to do that.” (-link)​
Really? "When we win tomorrow night."* *facepalm** Well, there goes the no "bulletin board material" gambit.* Great timing there, the day before the game... and to feed the quote to the Post's CSU writer... that's a helluva boneheaded quote.
The revenge-minded Dinwiddie committed a PR foul.* From: the Post
I appreciate the sentiment (don't rush against CSU).* I appreciate the confidence (we will win).* Just always remember: you gloat after you accomplish something, not before.* I don't think CSU really needs an external source to hype themselves up for this game, but best to not poke the bear.

--

Tonight's a big one. *This series has been fantastic recently, with each team winning on their home court the last four years.* The games have been especially intense the last two. *I have no doubt that, for 40 minutes this evening, the CEC will be home to a war.

This is Front Range hoops at it's finest (and that means a lot more than it has in previous years); if you can't get excited to see these two teams battle it out, I give up.

Tip-off is set for 8:30pm (approx. 30 min after conclusion of the women's game).* Please remember that this is a BLACKOUT game, and dress appropriately (wear black!).* Coverage for those not in the area, or otherwise unable to procure tickets, can be found on Pac-12 Networks and 850 KOA.

(Still looking for tickets? *Try buying a ticket to the women's game that tips off at 5:50; CU lets fans stay for both games of a double header.* As a bonus, you get to see the women beat up the Rams!* **** 'em up, **** 'em up, wear black!)

Click below for the preview...

Read more »
8030839680057503187-3813385121383059459

p-Kt32IrNhQ

The headline splashed across the DailyCamera read: "Boyle warns: "Colorado State is going to beat us by 20." *He was referring, of course, to the potential reality if the level of performance against Texas Southern carried over. *The supporting quote - "If we play like we did tonight, Colorado State is going to beat us by 20 and they're going to out-rebound us by 20" - is directly in line with Coach Boyle's usual practice of toning down the hype, and reminding the team that they're not as good as they think they are.* He further doubled down on that statement, saying after the Wyoming loss that:
"We can't beat people with our coolness. We have to beat people with our grit, our determination, execution and our toughness. If that's not our mentality then we're in for some rude awakenings." (-link)​
Simply perfect. Headed into one of the biggest games of the season, Coach Boyle has done a spectacular job both lowering expectations, with an eye towards inspiring, and avoiding potential "bulletin board material."* Hopefully his players got the message...

Wait, Spencer Dinwiddie has something to say on the subject:
"You just kind of see when the little brother beats the big brother once, then they are going to be happy, they are going to rush the court. When we win tomorrow night, I don’t think our fans are going to do that.” (-link)​
Really? "When we win tomorrow night."* *facepalm** Well, there goes the no "bulletin board material" gambit.* Great timing there, the day before the game... and to feed the quote to the Post's CSU writer... that's a helluva boneheaded quote.
The revenge-minded Dinwiddie committed a PR foul.* From: the Post
I appreciate the sentiment (don't rush against CSU).* I appreciate the confidence (we will win).* Just always remember: you gloat after you accomplish something, not before.* I don't think CSU really needs an external source to hype themselves up for this game, but best to not poke the bear.

--

Tonight's a big one. *This series has been fantastic recently, with each team winning on their home court the last four years.* The games have been especially intense the last two. *I have no doubt that, for 40 minutes this evening, the CEC will be home to a war.

This is Front Range hoops at it's finest (and that means a lot more than it has in previous years); if you can't get excited to see these two teams battle it out, I give up.

Tip-off is set for 8:30pm (approx. 30 min after conclusion of the women's game).* Please remember that this is a BLACKOUT game, and dress appropriately (wear black!).* Coverage for those not in the area, or otherwise unable to procure tickets, can be found on Pac-12 Networks and 850 KOA.

(Still looking for tickets? *Try buying a ticket to the women's game that tips off at 5:50; CU lets fans stay for both games of a double header.* As a bonus, you get to see the women beat up the Rams!* **** 'em up, **** 'em up, wear black!)

Click below for the preview...

Read more »
8030839680057503187-3813385121383059459

p-Kt32IrNhQ

Originally posted by The Rumblings of a Deranged Buffalo
Click here to view the article.

Back