What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CSU class Holy ****

To add to what Walrus said:

I could really do without the personal attacks, either about our rivals or fellow buff fans. It adds nothing, and just dilutes the quality of the site.

Criticism, based upon facts, adds something. So too, pointing out people's inconsistency or hypocrisy, but saying "** them, is childish, not to mention unhealthy.

Blow it out your bum. Unhealthy? It made me feel great. CSU fans are hypocrites and I could do without your tender feelings on the subject.

I could really do without the personal attacks, either about our rivals or fellow buff fans. It adds nothing, and just dilutes the quality of the site.

Criticism, based upon facts, adds something. So too, pointing out people's inconsistency or hypocrisy, but saying "** them, is childish, not to mention unhealthy.
You don't take your football serious enough.

You didn't understand what The Walrus said if this is supposed to be an add on to it. ** you. I do way more unhealthy **** than this.

The CSU coach rationalized his selections by saying he picked up players who were team captain's and coaches son's. He wants leasdership first. Interesting angle. How confident and leading the way will these young men be after an opening 45 point loss and 2 win season, waiting for talent to arrive?

The CSU coach rationalized his selections by saying he picked up players who were team captain's and coaches son's. He wants leasdership first. Interesting angle. How confident and leading the way will these young men be after an opening 45 point loss and 2 win season, waiting for talent to arrive?

Might make sense. He has a team that has folded like a house of cards in a rainstorm three years in a row. Looking at the kind of talent they have this year it is likely to happen again. Even if they were to bring in a significant step up in talent he will have a team that expects to lose, to change that he is going to need some leadership on the field and in the lockerroom. All the leadership he can get won't help if he can't follow up with some talent but the idea is worth a try.

Yeah, someone might want to tell him a former CU coach tried to build a team that way - based on character and juice-box worthy effort alone. That didn't turn out so hot.

Not to mention, I imagine most players worthy of recruitment get those captain spots on talent alone.

Yeah, someone might want to tell him a former CU coach tried to build a team that way - based on character and juice-box worthy effort alone. That didn't turn out so hot.

Not to mention, I imagine most players worthy of recruitment get those captain spots on talent alone.
Maybe, if they spend the spring working on the little things...

CSU's staff includes: 2 guys from Fresno State, 1 from Wyoming, 1 who has never coached DI ball (last coached at DIII Millsap College in 2010), 1 from Arizona, and 1 from Utah State, and 1 who was a GA assistant last year at Bama. Looks like a garbage staff thus far

So, they recruited one of the worst classes in the nation, and the staff that McElwain is building is crap. McElwain himself had little interest from bigger schools. They'd better hope that this guy is a football genius, or else they're ****ed

I actually think the offensive coaches are good. There are some issues on the other side of the ball though.

Napier is a steal. But he won't stick around. And I just found this gem on rn about CU being scared of CSU:

Seriously, where would CU be in the state of Colorado if they couldn't
refer to CSU as their little brother? If CSU suddenly had a nice stadium
on campus and was in the Big 12, who in the state of Colorado would
CU be able to claim dominance over? Not CSU. Add to all that CSU's
improving academic reputation, growing student body, and the fact that
more people in the state of Colorado go to CSU than CU and you're
looking at CU suddenly being in a position of looking up to CSU in the
state of Colorado. This again, scares the **** out of CU.

Last edited:
Napier is a steal. But he won't stick around. And I just found this gem on rn about CU being scared of CSU:

Every CSU fan has to have a mental disorder over there.

Operative word.

CSU always has this magic bullet fantasy that is going to make them relavent. For years it was getting a peice of the BCS bowl money. Now it is their on campus stadium. The fantasy is that if they build an on-campus stadium they are magically going to get 45,000 people show up to fill it despite the fact that at their current stadium they rarely went over 30,000 in the years when they were ranked in the top 25 and winning a lot of games.

With the on-campus stadium they are suddenly going to get TV ratings and be on sportscenter, they are going to be the lead story in the Denver Post and on the Denver TV sports reports. Build the stadium, get all those people and the Big XII is going to come begging for them to join, and give them an equal share of the TV money because after all with a new stadium they are suddenly the equal to Texas and OU.

They may get their new stadium. For a year or two they might even get around 30,000 people a game, more likely around 25k. They will still be a second thought at best in the Colorado market, they will still be gitting their butts kicked 70% of the time or more. They will still be at or near the bottom of the MWC in budget. The only thing that a new stadium does is temporarily make them not as far behind the rest of the country in FBS level football, shortly thereafter the rest of the teams will again continue to pull away from CSU leaving them further behind.

Then they will go on to their next magic bullet fantasy about becoming relevant and never get there.

CSU always has this magic bullet fantasy that is going to make them relavent. For years it was getting a peice of the BCS bowl money. Now it is their on campus stadium. The fantasy is that if they build an on-campus stadium they are magically going to get 45,000 people show up to fill it despite the fact that at their current stadium they rarely went over 30,000 in the years when they were ranked in the top 25 and winning a lot of games.

With the on-campus stadium they are suddenly going to get TV ratings and be on sportscenter, they are going to be the lead story in the Denver Post and on the Denver TV sports reports. Build the stadium, get all those people and the Big XII is going to come begging for them to join, and give them an equal share of the TV money because after all with a new stadium they are suddenly the equal to Texas and OU.

They may get their new stadium. For a year or two they might even get around 30,000 people a game, more likely around 25k. They will still be a second thought at best in the Colorado market, they will still be gitting their butts kicked 70% of the time or more. They will still be at or near the bottom of the MWC in budget. The only thing that a new stadium does is temporarily make them not as far behind the rest of the country in FBS level football, shortly thereafter the rest of the teams will again continue to pull away from CSU leaving them further behind.

Then they will go on to their next magic bullet fantasy about becoming relevant and never get there.

They should take a close look at Iowa State's situation before they decide they will become the dominant team in this market. Both schools are in different BCS conferences, both have access to shared revenues. Yet Iowa remains nationally relevant year to year, and Iowa State aspires to the roll of spoiler, except every few decades when they have a year or two of overachieving. Some schools are just destined as the little siblings of sports. It is not that we as Buff fans see them that way - it is that everyone else in the nation knows it.

I wonder if this poster can offer any evidence that CU fans are "scared the ****" out of some CSU dominance. I've been around Allbuffs for a few years, and have friends who are CU fans, and I've certainly never seen any evidence of fear.

Maybe CU fans should be afraid (I doubt it, but just spitballin' here), but I've never seen any thing to suggest that as a fan base we are afraid.

I wonder what was going on in this person's mind when he wrote this? He probably just misunderstood something he read on 'Leash's FB page.

This sounds like some friend trying to make the Ram Fans feel relevant. The poster took it as the broader CU population thinking CSU was relevant. Love your sig. Reminds me of Lola. Can we call Jens Lola?

I wonder if this poster can offer any evidence that CU fans are "scared the ****" out of some CSU dominance. I've been around Allbuffs for a few years, and have friends who are CU fans, and I've certainly never seen any evidence of fear.

Maybe CU fans should be afraid (I doubt it, but just spitballin' here), but I've never seen any thing to suggest that as a fan base we are afraid.

I wonder what was going on in this person's mind when he wrote this? He probably just misunderstood something he read on 'Leash's FB page.

This sounds like some friend trying to make the Ram Fans feel relevant. The poster took it as the broader CU population thinking CSU was relevant. Love your sig. Reminds me of Lola. Can we call Jens Lola?

To the best of my knowledge, Germany has no laws on the book against calling Jens "Lola". Go for it.

We can, but "Hedwig" would work so much better.

wtf does this even mean.
Jim McElwain Leaning on Coach Saban's blueprint. When he first called me at Fresno, thought it was a buddy messin w/me, hung up. Glad he called back!

8 pages about CSU...aren't we sounding like Husker fans who were obssessed with the fact that CU fans were obssessed with the Huskers and at the same time deny that we are their rival?

8 pages about CSU...aren't we sounding like Husker fans who were obssessed with the fact that CU fans were obssessed with the Huskers and at the same time deny that we are their rival?

No. Shut up.

Back