What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CSU Getting Desperate?

1)Already posted this a thousand times. Sorry you can't read
2)Increased athletic budget

Again, learn to read. My limit is posting things 20 times. After that, you're on your own
2) Increased athletic budget is NOT SOME MAGIC STATEMENT. Where does the budget come from? Is that budget sustainable? Or is it a one time boost dependent on Frank that will soon end as he faces backlash for wasting money on a horrible football team with no support?

It's not my fault you all have the mental capacity of a two year old

I think if you presented my post and your response to any impartial reader, that individual would reach a different conclusion regarding who the "two year old" was in that exchange.

You know CU is grasping for straws when the best thing they can talk about is CSU adding 5 walk-ons who will likely never play.

Date: Dec 03, 2011 • Site: Fort Collins, Colo. • Stadium: SLF @ Hughes Stadium • Attendance: 17207

:lol:

You know CU is grasping for straws when the best thing they can talk about is CSU adding 5 walk-ons who will likely never play.

Date: Nov 26, 2011 • Site: Fort Collins, Colo. • Stadium: SLF @ Hughes Stadium • Attendance: 14107

Date: Nov 12, 2011 • Site: Fort Collins, Colo. • Stadium: SLF @ Hughes Stadium • Attendance: 16811

2) Increased athletic budget is NOT SOME MAGIC STATEMENT. Where does the budget come from? Is that budget sustainable? Or is it a one time boost dependent on Frank that will soon end as he faces backlash for wasting money on a horrible football team with no support?

Sure it is. I have decided to double my monthly budget. There done. I am now twice as rich.

No need to worry about how I will fall desperately into a credit card debt hole which would be almost impossible to crawl out of. Nothing to see here.

Can we talk about fat chicks again?
colorado-state-university-football-fans-at-stadium.jpeg

Total Project Funding Sources - $173m - $437m

Private Donations - $45m - $220m
Financed - $128m - $217m

Expected Annual Revenues:

Corporate Naming & Sponsorships - $3.45m - $4.8m
Premium Seating - $3.7m - $6.7m
Event, Facilities Development Fee and Other Revenue - .44m - $1.4m

5. Is all the private money needed to fund the stadium ready to be spent when CSU decides to move forward with the stadium?
a. No. No fundraising campaigns have been started for privately financing a stadium​

16. Everyone in attendance was asked to raise hands if they were in favor of the stadium. No hands were raised, however one attendee mentioned that she was still trying to
understand the impacts and hadn’t decided.

:lol:​

Last edited:

1. Private Donations - $45m - $220m
2. Corporate Naming & Sponsorships - $3.45m - $4.8m
3. Premium Seating - $3.7m - $6.7m
4. Event, Facilities Development Fee and Other Revenue - .44m - $1.4m
5. Financed - $128m - $217m

5. Is all the private money needed to fund the stadium ready to be spent when CSU decides to move forward with the stadium?
a. No. No fundraising campaigns have been started for privately financing a stadium​

16. Everyone in attendance was asked to raise hands if they were in favor of the stadium. No hands were raised, however one attendee mentioned that she was still trying to

What is this from?

If item 16 is true, then certainly I am jealous of the CSU Leadership. It really takes a remarkable leader to relay a vision in order to achieve that level of consensus.

The burning question is whether Wally should be killed by the heft of the fat chick or whether this scene would have Wally ditching Burrito & pals (who were his ride), getting stranded 50 miles from home, and having to do a 10-hour walk of shame. Of course, Wally wouldn't realize it was a walk of "shame" because he'd be proud of his accomplishment and have a skip in his step the whole way.

Meanwhile, Wally would think the pictures were awesome.

What is Snow, er Demi, doing all this time?

1. Private Donations - $45m - $220m
2. Corporate Naming & Sponsorships - $3.45m - $4.8m
3. Premium Seating - $3.7m - $6.7m
4. Event, Facilities Development Fee and Other Revenue - .44m - $1.4m
5. Financed - $128m - $217m

Quick note to gasm - the term "Financed" means "Borrowed". When you borrow money, you go into debt. You're talking about going into debt at a MINIMUM of $128MM. Using my handy dandy financial calculator, that means at 2.5% spread out over 30 years, the debt service comes to over $6MM per year. If you come in at the high end of that projection - at $217MM, your annual debt service increases to over $10MM. That's somewhere between $6MM and $10MM per year that you aren't paying now and would have to come from somewhere. It's not coming from increased ticket sales. It's not coming from increased media payments.

What is this from?

If item 16 is true, then certainly I am jealous of the CSU Leadership. It really takes a remarkable leader to relay a vision in order to achieve that level of consensus.

CSU's Feasibility Study summarizes questions & answers, if provided, from all the meetings.

Quick note to gasm - the term "Financed" means "Borrowed". When you borrow money, you go into debt. You're talking about going into debt at a MINIMUM of $128MM. Using my handy dandy financial calculator, that means at 2.5% spread out over 30 years, the debt service comes to over $6MM per year. If you come in at the high end of that projection - at $217MM, your annual debt service increases to over $10MM. That's somewhere between $6MM and $10MM per year that you aren't paying now and would have to come from somewhere. It's not coming from increased ticket sales. It's not coming from increased media payments.

Sack-slapped!

Weddings

Gaga concerts

Sounds like they'll be issuing some bonds

Ban me because I post valid points? Seems reasonable

SIAP; I haven't read the whole thread yet, but you and I have VASTLY different definitions of valid points. Laughing at Snow's legitimate answer to your "good question" is not a valid point.

Explain to me how Cap'n Jack is not "all flash and no substance?" You have no PROOF that his football hire will be successful. You seem to be hanging your hat on the fact that he's increased Ram Club donations to the point that would be barely acceptable for many other ADs and that he's promised a new stadium with no real CONFIRMED funding sources. You also willfully ignoring the fact that there are only 5K season tix sold at this point even with all the new enthusiasm touched off by the new AD/Prez. Part of the AD's mission statement is to put butts in seats.

Please, respond to this with "Valid points," if you can manage to do so before September 2nd comes and we don't see you until next August.

Funerals?

Something will be getting buried. That's for sure.

Last edited:
Back