What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CSU going bankrupt? lolno

Tony Frank is saying this to anyone who will listen. I saw him speak at a dinner in February and he said public funding for universities in the state of Colorado will basically be done away with over the next decade.

Thanks a lot CSU

Tony Frank is saying this to anyone who will listen. I saw him speak at a dinner in February and he said public funding for universities in the state of Colorado will basically be done away with over the next decade.
Public funding will dry up? OH NO!! Oh wait. What public funding are you speaking of?

Just got back from the stadium meeting. The feasibility firms there have done reports on hundreds of new stadiums and 50+ football stadiums.

CSU can expect a MINIMUM of $13million in extra revenue each year due to the stadium and a max of $22million. This comes from naming rights of the stadium, loge boxes, box seats, club seats that aren't at Hughes. An attendance of 37,800. Sounds like sustainable revenue.

They expect the fundraising to be at $212-490million. So yeah, $212million minimum.

Owned. Told you so

I've been trying to dig up the original feasibility study for the CSU stadium on this board without much luck (as an aside, if anyone has it, I'd really like to see it). I wanted to see the attendance projections in the study, because they completed their home slate yesterday and did, in fact, see a bump in attendance:

Troubling for them, though, that they only got 25K through the door yesterday. FWIW, The average attendance at Hughes in 2016 was 27,600, so this was not quite the bump they expected, and not nearly the 37,800 mentioned by the OP.

FWIW, the average attendance at Folsom was last under 32,000 back in 1965.

This was their year to compete for MWC title and it didn’t happen. I’d expect attendance to steadily fall off as they struggle next season.

I've been trying to dig up the original feasibility study for the CSU stadium on this board without much luck (as an aside, if anyone has it, I'd really like to see it). I wanted to see the attendance projections in the study, because they completed their home slate yesterday and did, in fact, see a bump in attendance:

Troubling for them, though, that they only got 25K through the door yesterday. FWIW, The average attendance at Hughes in 2016 was 27,600, so this was not quite the bump they expected, and not nearly the 37,800 mentioned by the OP.

FWIW, the average attendance at Folsom was last under 32,000 back in 1965.

This was their year to compete for MWC title and it didn’t happen. I’d expect attendance to steadily fall off as they struggle next season.

Historically schools that have built new stadiums have seen a big jump in attendance the first year then over the next 3-5 it has declined back down again. It usually settles in above where it was before the new stadium but not a huge amount higher.

CSU also tends to trail off as their chances of winning the conference decline.

Next season they are less likely to be competitive in their league and also won't be starting the season with a P5 school.

They do have Arkansas coming in but that will be after they have taken their beating in Denver so for many of their fans the season will already be over. Don't know how well Arkansas travels so they may pick up numbers by having a stadium full of red.

They could very well start 0-3 starting with CU, then Arky, then travelling to Florida before finally getting Illinois State at home before starting MWC play.

Pretty easy to predict that they will see a solid decline in attendance.

Last edited:
giphy.gif

Back