What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CSU going bankrupt? lolno

The way to end it is for Bohn to bite the bullet, take 2 weeks of media backlash, and cancel the freaking game. Put someone on the schedule who will come to Folsom

Nah, this is the time for Bohn to actually use the position of power. Make CSU actually make concessions if the game is to continue. There is nothing forcing CU to play in Fort Collins, so make CSU squirm a little bit.

Did nobody think to ask the consultant about comparable non-BCS schools? That might be kinda important. Comparing your project to that of Oregon (Really?) is pretty far-fetched.
Perhaps, and thats why they added an absolute low number

Gasm that number is not absolute. There is no way to give an absolute low number. They can predict the low number but it is still a prediction. I understand you are on your rival's board but we don't all want to see CSU fail.

Gasm that number is not absolute. There is no way to give an absolute low number. They can predict the low number but it is still a prediction. I understand you are on your rival's board but we don't all want to see CSU fail.
Yeah, its not set in stone, but when ICON has been doing feasibility reports for hundreds of stadiums and dozens of D-I football stadiums, I'm going to respect their information. Especially when they show a 95-100% accuracy rate

3k bigger? Hughes is 32k. The new stadium is 43k. Again, you suck at reading facts.

lol@ everyone on here

Speaking of sucking at reading, you do know that no one on this board suggested CSU's AD was going bankrupt, right? That no one even mentioned bankruptcy? And your fallback position is that "Icon" generated the feasibility facts, not you, so we shouldn't argue those "facts" with you. You do understand that when you then consistently rely on those "facts" for your argument, it is confusing as ****? I suppose we should just let you make an argument that you admit is based on facts that may be complete bull****. If it sends you out the door faster, I'm all for it. Make sure to show up after we kick your ass in September, though.

Speaking of sucking at reading, you do know that no one on this board suggested CSU's AD was going bankrupt, right? That no one even mentioned bankruptcy? And your fallback position is that "Icon" generated the feasibility facts, not you, so we shouldn't argue those "facts" with you. You do understand that when you then consistently rely on those "facts" for your argument, it is confusing as ****? I suppose we should just let you make an argument that you admit is based on facts that may be complete bull****. If it sends you out the door faster, I'm all for it. Make sure to show up after we kick your ass in September, though.
Broke, bankrupt. same difference

Yeah, its not set in stone, but when ICON has been doing feasibility reports for hundreds of stadiums and dozens of D-I football stadiums, I'm going to respect their information. Especially when they show a 95-100% accuracy rate

They show.

This is where age comes in. I have buddies that work as consultants and they make stuff up a lot. If they are wrong they come up with reasons why their numbers were so off and it is never their fault.

Captain Jack did his due diligence with the stadium to get people in Ft. Collins on board. He needs this to work or he will be seen as a failure in his time as an AD. He is not going to hire a firm that tells the residents of Ft. Collins that this is a bad idea.

They show.

This is where age comes in. I have buddies that work as consultants and they make stuff up a lot. If they are wrong they come up with reasons why their numbers were so off and it is never their fault.

Captain Jack did his due diligence with the stadium to get people in Ft. Collins on board. He needs this to work or he will be seen as a failure in his time as an AD. He is not going to hire a firm that tells the residents of Ft. Collins that this is a bad idea.
Yep, it was all a lie. All of those stats which could easily be found on Google (attendance increase, loge box, press box, etc), are all made up. And you mean the Feasibility firm that has done it for EVERY new D-I stadium in the nation?

Good one

Yep, it was all a lie. All of those stats which could easily be found on Google (attendance increase, loge box, press box, etc), are all made up. And you mean the Feasibility firm that has done it for EVERY new D-I stadium in the nation?

Good one

Congratulations. You have become full blown troll. Now get lost.

Good one

Not lies, fudged numbers. They say a 22% bump in attendance but then quote 37k or whatever. Lets use a number like 25k fans per game at Hughes. I think that is a bit high but lets go with it. 22% increase is 5500 fans. That brings the total up to 30500 or 7k less than they estimate.

a few wagers that i would like an AB POV on:

gasm's age: over/under 19

gasm's IQ: over/under 93

Not lies, fudged numbers. They say a 22% bump in attendance but then quote 37k or whatever. Lets use a number like 25k fans per game at Hughes. I think that is a bit high but lets go with it. 22% increase is 5500 fans. That brings the total up to 30500 or 7k less than they estimate.

I posted too early on accident. Now are they quoting the 37k fans per game when they come up with the amount of money they make for game or the much lower 30k? That is fuzzy math and like I mentioned before it is the math that used car salesmen and timeshare people use. So is that a lie or is that just fudged numbers?

Good one

The same Google that says your current capacity is 34,400?

Is weebuff a poster here?

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]Subject: Sportsfan101- googlemaster, try 'Denver bears to Co Rockies' to understand how[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]Posted by: Zig88 on Thu May 31 2012 11:57:44 AM[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]Message:a change in venue and/ or league can do wonders for outcomes like fan
interest and 'attendance'. I remember the lodo nimby's and naysayers pre
1993, claiming there was 'no way' Denver could support a big league team
in attendance, citing Mile High/ Bears attendance statistics (oops). Don't
do that to yourself-- Never say never pal.
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]Subject: Missed the discussion, but is the point...[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]Posted by: weebuff on Thu May 31 2012 12:03:23 PM[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]Message:...that CSU joining a new conference would bring new interest or a new
stadium? Obviously, having a major league team in town playing the
likes of the Dodgers, Giants, naturally brings interest that Denver
supports. I agree that if CSU were playing a Big 12 or Pac 12
schedule, interest will dramatically increase - no matter where you
play games.

However, if the argument is simply building a new stadium will
transform the fan base, then by that argument, would Denver interest
in the Bears have increased had they simply built a new stadium?
[/FONT]

If so, I owe you rep.

Good one

With ranges as wide as they have used it would be hard not to be 95% accurate.

I predict a 5-95% chance this stadium will be built in the next 5-30 years using 10-100% private funding. Trust me I am right 95% of the time. By the way I did the feasibility report for the Coliseum in Rome.

The absolute low number is zero. And actually, that's not even completely true. The absolute low number is somewhere less than zero, meaning the whole thing costs more than anticipated and actually leads to a drop in overall revenues.

The absolute low number is zero. And actually, that's not even completely true. The absolute low number is somewhere less than zero, meaning the whole thing costs more than anticipated and actually leads to a drop in overall revenues.
Yes, we won't have a single person buy naming rights/sponsor, loge boxes or box seats.

Good thinking

This.

Yes, we won't have a single person buy naming rights/sponsor, loge boxes or box seats.

Good thinking

no, i'll probably personally buy about a dozen box seats myself--- then, i'll gather a crew of homeless guys from boulder, hand them each a bottle of ripple, and put them on a bus to fort flatlands with a game ticket in hand.

i remain absolutely confident that they would be the 12 most successful attendees in the stadium.

Good thinking

Do you? Serious question. I've not heard anything that says that naming rights have been sold, and no box seats or loge boxes have been sold yet. You're making an assumption that those things will come to pass, but it's still an assumption. So I go back to the original point that the absolute low number is less than zero. Until you sell some of that stuff, that's where you are.

Back