What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CSU Green Out

I'd advise against using lacquer, the boards will be FAR too slick unless you are a pro. Paint the logo with semi gloss latex paint, that will give you the correct slide to tackiness ratio you need for a proper game. If you're dead set on using lacquer, you should probably go with a satin finish. I also hear windex or any degreaser can slow the bags down for a few games at a time.
A pro Cornhole player? Is there a Cornhole tour? How much does a good Cornhole pro win?

I would just have some printed on high quality glossy laser paper and then affix them with glue and lacquer over them.
That's what i'm doing I painted with a semi-gloss, i want to put the stickers on then i'm putting lacquer over the top of the sticker. My buddy built a bar using the same paint and lacquer with the CU stickers but he ordered them online and I don't have the time to get the matching stickers. He sadly moved to back home to North Dakota but gave me the bar he built. I'll post picture of the bar and boards when I finish them. Should look pretty cool.

That green clothing is going to look very impressive contrasted with all the empty seats that they don't sell.

Not that that is unusual for them, they have learned to ignore thousands ofempty seats.

We all know what a black-out is, and even white out, but what the hell is a green out? Dumb.

I could be wrong but I think it is where everyone wears green, like they do every year. Seriously why is this a big deal?

I could be wrong but I think it is where everyone wears green, like they do every year. Seriously why is this a big deal?

I thought it was when they go green with envy when Cincinnati & Houston get invitations to the Big 12.

Besides it is possible that we could play color on color, if CU gives them permission to do so.
Not how it works.

It's an NCAA rule; if CSU as the visitor team comes out wearing green, they will get a penalty and be charged a timeout at the beginning of each half.

What USC and UCLA have agreed to do is that the home team will call a timeout prior to each half's opening kickoff; the refs still enforce the rule and call the penalty on the visiting team each half, but because the home team also called a timeout, it's "fair" and each team plays each half with only two timeouts.

Not how it works.

It's an NCAA rule; if CSU as the visitor team comes out wearing green, they will get a penalty and be charged a timeout at the beginning of each half.

What USC and UCLA have agreed to do is that the home team will call a timeout prior to each half's opening kickoff; the refs still enforce the rule and call the penalty on the visiting team each half, but because the home team also called a timeout, it's "fair" and each team plays each half with only two timeouts.

Not since 2009.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/sports_blog/2009/02/ncaa-changing-r.html

Hasn't been officially announced yet. Coming next week. @FightCu1414 will be able to confirm that an announcement is coming.
@StormTrooper will be able to confirm more than me because he is involved with Folsom Frenzy and I am not, but I have heard it from multiple people inside and outside of the program that the jerseys are GBG and that people will be asked to wear black. I am curious why it hasn't been announced yet and that is worrying me that there was a weird hiccup. Which would make no sense given it is simply a color of a shirt. But it is CU so...

I didn't want to create another thread just to ask so I'll just throw it in here. Does anyone know a good place to get some larger maybe 7"-9" CU stickers here in Denver? I built some cornhole boards and want to put them in the center before I put the lacquer over the top of it. I kind of waited too long to order them to have the boards done by next Friday. Any help greatly appreciated.

The only place I can think of that you will have a chance in Denver is the MSCD/UCD store in the Tivoli on Auraria Campus.

I didn't realize McDonalds made a green uniform?
images

@StormTrooper will be able to confirm more than me because he is involved with Folsom Frenzy and I am not, but I have heard it from multiple people inside and outside of the program that the jerseys are GBG and that people will be asked to wear black. I am curious why it hasn't been announced yet and that is worrying me that there was a weird hiccup. Which would make no sense given it is simply a color of a shirt. But it is CU so...
I think they're waiting until "game week".

I didn't want to create another thread just to ask so I'll just throw it in here. Does anyone know a good place to get some larger maybe 7"-9" CU stickers here in Denver? I built some cornhole boards and want to put them in the center before I put the lacquer over the top of it. I kind of waited too long to order them to have the boards done by next Friday. Any help greatly appreciated.

I helped my facilitate my sons construction of a beer pong table last year and as part of that effort I got big CU stickers made up at a local print shop. $3.50 total.

Back