What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CSU Green Out

We all know what a black-out is, and even white out, but what the hell is a green out? Dumb.
This is a Colorado team vs a Colorado team so I'm guessing all the students will be pretty far into a green out anyway.

Should call the 'The Dispensary Bowl'.

UBT?

I don't care what they wear, and neither should the rest of you. Let's remember that this game is no longer in our best interests to play. We can't be legitimizing little brother by blacking this out, either-save that for the UCLA game later in the year.

I helped my facilitate my sons construction of a beer pong table last year and as part of that effort I got big CU stickers made up at a local print shop. $3.50 total.
Where did you get them made and did you just take a picture of what you wanted printed on them? TIA

I don't care what they wear, and neither should the rest of you. Let's remember that this game is no longer in our best interests to play. We can't be legitimizing little brother by blacking this out, either-save that for the UCLA game later in the year.
The team will not be wearing all black, just the Fans (which most fans wear anyway).

It is a good idea though because the students love blackouts and this game will be on ESPN. Should be a good showing, especially withe how good the white out looked last year which was quite a bit more difficult to pull off.

The team will not be wearing all black, just the Fans (which most fans wear anyway).

It is a good idea though because the students love blackouts and this game will be on ESPN. Should be a good showing, especially withe how good the white out looked last year which was quite a bit more difficult to pull off.

Let the students do what they want. I just think pushing a blackout for this isn't a good idea

CU should be treating this game like any other (as far as black out plans) traditional GBG and kick their ass. Save the blackouts for the games that are truly "more important".

Let the students do what they want. I just think pushing a blackout for this isn't a good idea
Why? I can't believe I am saying this, but if you were a fusker fan would you be upset that every game is a "Red Out". I think the atmosphere looks so much better when fans are all wearing the same color. When the student section would always wear gold to every game that student section looked so much better than a bunch of different colors. It doesn't have to be special to have a blackout game against CSU. I wouldn't mind having fans to be encouraged to wear a certain color to every game including Idaho State.

Buff fans should wear black to every single game unless there is a white out like CSU last year which was pretty cool since we would never be able to wear white at home. The yellow shirts suck and I think the bookstore stopped selling them anyways, the shoulder to shoulder shirts are now black.

1st post. I've frequented this website almost every single day for a few years but never joined, this post made me have to.

A green out. Good lord Rams. I wish this school would just burn to the ground, I hate playing them every year.

EITHER WAY GO BUFFS!! I'll be there!

1st post. I've frequented this website almost every single day for a few years but never joined, this post made me have to.

A green out. Good lord Rams. I wish this school would just burn to the ground, I hate playing them every year.

Haha. Hopefully not your last post.

Welcome! You know the routine. Beer & a sandwich. Now, dammit!

I believe the UCLA game is nationally televised on Nov 4 and that one should be the Black Out if we only do 1

Buff fans should wear black to every single game unless there is a white out like CSU last year which was pretty cool since we would never be able to wear white at home. The yellow shirts suck and I think the bookstore stopped selling them anyways, the shoulder to shoulder shirts are now black.
I didn't know this. I like it. Always thought the "gold" shirts were kind of meh

I didn't know this. I like it. Always thought the "gold" shirts were kind of meh
I didn't like it because usually the entire stadium was a different color and all the best CU gear is black. I even wore my black CU shirt to the white out last year.

Since CU only has 1-2 night games a year, I think the blackout is perfect. Looks great on tv at night time. Have no problem doing it against CSU, since, you know, its a night game.

I appreciate all the comments about how we shouldn't treat this game like it's special or anything, but we remember a better time. After all, we're 35 years old (or is it older now?).

The younger crowd sees this as a big game, the program treats it like a big game, so we just have to get used to these things until RG (hopefully) finds a way to kill it with fire.

So, black out it is, and **** the retards at CSU for doing something stupid like a green out when their team isn't wearing green.

Back