What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CSU hires New Mexico Assistant Craig Neal, or maybe Ernie Kent, or maybe someone else

7 wins is too high? Have you seen our schedule?

No Pete Thomas or Larry Kerr=a few more wins

Even with the three players doing a felony assault over the weekend who won't be on the team anymore?

Oh and pound sand Snow.

Even with the three players doing a felony assault over the weekend who won't be on the team anymore?

Oh and pound sand Snow.
Just try and have an adult conversation. Just because you hate CSU doesn't mean you have to be like a CSU fan.

Oh and pound sand Snow.
Well Paulhaus sucks. Yeah Capi is a loss but he was a liability in rush defense. We still have CJ James (7 sacks) and Froland at DE. Orakpo is a definite loss but we have good LB depth so far.

Like I said, we have a powderpuff schedule. A bowl game is a must

No Pete Thomas, Larry Kerr or Steve Fairchild...

McElwain knows what he's doing
I see in you a cherry picking of facts. Take it from someone who (barely) survived the Dan HaLkins era. Not everything will go your way.

Well Paulhaus sucks. Yeah Capi is a loss but he was a liability in rush defense. We still have CJ James (7 sacks) and Froland at DE. Orakpo is a definite loss but we have good LB depth so far.

Like I said, we have a powderpuff schedule. A bowl game is a must

You guys had something like the 116 toughest schedule last year and won three games. Where is all the improvement coming from with a brand new coaching staff?

You're discounting the losses of those two players as well. They are clearly your two best players. We just lost our best player and I'm dropping my expectations for this year (I'm a huge sunshine pumper), losing two is HUGE. CSU will struggle to get three wins this year.

I think those green and gold glasses are getting the best of you. The names on the schedule might scream "powder puff schedule" at first, but the road schedule looks pretty tough. Plus you have several games in the first half of the schedule that are not very kind to a first-time HC. NDSU is not a pushover, San Jose State on the road is not a pushover, and Utah State is not a pushover.

I think a bowl game is possible if you can outscore quite a few teams. But even then, it probably comes down to that last week of the season.

I think Greyson is much better than Pete "Heisman" Thomas but he replaced him towards the end of the year and defenses had no film of him yet. Now there is film out there. A lot of QB's look good when they take over the start mid-season but few stay at the same level.

Once again I do wish Pete "Checkdown" Thomas was starting.

So, you think you will have more wins by virtue of replacing the coaching staff and replacing the starting QB (I know Grayson started a few games last season)? And losing 2 key defensive players and 1 backup?

Why is McElwhine going to be an improvement over Fairchild? Why is the new d-staff (which is very marginal) better than Kerr?

as an aside MOFGasm... you aren't getting special treatment because you are CSU. We give the same treatment to the sunshine pumpers on our board. It is gonna be a rough year (sans true frosh miracle) for both teams.

Interesting thread. OMFGasm ... thanks for coming over here and sleeping with the enemy.

I don't see the B12 expanding, either for all the reasons stated. But IF they were to expand, it would need to be a knockout like a Notre Dame.

There are a few other schools I'd throw on the list as being more attractive than CSU.
-ND
-BYU
-Memphis
-Some mid major in Florida
-A traveling partner for W.V. like Pitt
-The old SWC gang like Houston or SMU
-Tulsa

If CSU is serious about courting the B12, the OOC schedule should include B12 members. Let their travelling legions check out the fort.

This game would be a hell of a lot more desirable if this is how the two fan bases treated each other. i like OMFG and Csquared. We don't have to like each other but the non-inflammatory posts coming from both sides is refreshing.

Epic.

Screenshotted for posterity:

00000176.png

Last edited:
I think tini needs to make a similar wager for it to be fair. Maybe not money but something. Help me out allbuffs. What should tini's side of the bet be?

why would tini offer anything. he isn't on some opposing teams site talking nonsense.

Let's say that Allbuffs will collectively scrape together ('tini's a broke college student) $100 (I'm good for it if necessary) to 'Gasm if CSU wins 7 games or more.

Either that or some barter with 'tini's mom.

Old joke is still funny.

Back