What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CSU is playing a home game today?

The CSU job is a very tough job. Despite what Jizzla might say. It's way tougher than the CU job. They have a quarter the budget, half the facilities, and a third the fan base. They're outside the regular media coverage in the state, and play in a weak conference. They have to fight WYO and UNC for 2nd tier recruits in the state. They have no shot at the top tier recruits. None. That's not a recipe for success.

Anyone hear sparkles interview with Al and D-mac today.

Some highlights.

Al and D-mac: what will it take to beat Alabama
Sparkles: the moon falling out of the sky.

Al and D-mac: what do you say to someone that says Roll Tide to you
Sparkles: Roll Tide

He sounds a lot like Hawkins. Just a bunch of stupid sayings that don't mean anything. I think he would go back to bama in a heartbeat and the next opportunity he has then he is gone.

The roll tide thing floored me. If I was a CSU fan I'd be pissed.

The CSU job is a very tough job. Despite what Jizzla might say. It's way tougher than the CU job. They have a quarter the budget, half the facilities, and a third the fan base. They're outside the regular media coverage in the state, and play in a weak conference. They have to fight WYO and UNC for 2nd tier recruits in the state. They have no shot at the top tier recruits. None. That's not a recipe for success.

I think this is a wildly optimistic estimate. I'd go with maybe 15% of the fanbase. Colorado has been a national brand for a long time.

Also, don't forget that CSU is located along a portion of the World's Longest Strip Mall (aka College Avenue), with a two block long honky-tonk district at the north end.

Heard the flood up there actually did a couple million $$$ in improvements in Ft Fun itself!

Also, don't forget that CSU is located along a portion of the World's Longest Strip Mall (aka College Avenue), with a two block long honky-tonk district at the north end.

Heard the flood up there actually did a couple million $$$ in improvements in Ft Fun itself!

The campus might be ugly, but Fort Collins is a nice town. It's no boulder, but they have Good Beer.

Alabama only at -39.5 (started at 36.5.... has Vegas seen CSU?)

I say that we put our PAC 12 paycheck on Bama, give the points, and our debt problem will be erased by Monday.

Alabama only at -39.5 (started at 36.5.... has Vegas seen CSU?)

I say that we put our PAC 12 paycheck on Bama, give the points, and our debt problem will be erased by Monday.

I think Saban will call off the dogs pretty early. I don't think he wants to embarrass McGoober especially if McGoober is telling people "Roll Tide" in Fort Collins.

Are they offering a moneyline on the Bama game? I mean, it may only pay a penny on the dollar but how many places can you get a guaranteed 1% return on your money in 1 day?

Are they offering a moneyline on the Bama game? I mean, it may only pay a penny on the dollar but how many places can you get a guaranteed 1% return on your money in 1 day?
yes... but you need over 3,000 to win 5$ on 5dimes :lol:

I think Saban will call off the dogs pretty early. I don't think he wants to embarrass McGoober especially if McGoober is telling people "Roll Tide" in Fort Collins.

Even if they call off the dogs, Alabama's two and three deep is still full of 4 and 5*'s who haven't been processed by Saban yet so they'll still embarrass the Lambs.

If I was Sparkles, I'd plan on pulling my starters early, as there's as good a chance of Bama's 3rd-stringers hurting their starters as their first-teamers.

If I was Sparkles, I'd plan on pulling my starters early, as there's as good a chance of Bama's 3rd-stringers hurting their starters as their first-teamers.

I saw some of the lambnationers hearing this because that is what Nevada did against Florida State. They said they would be royally pissed if this happened, and I would tend to agree. Play your best and see what happens. If it gets out of hand then you can reassess.

I saw some of the lambnationers hearing this because that is what Nevada did against Florida State. They said they would be royally pissed if this happened, and I would tend to agree. Play your best and see what happens. If it gets out of hand then you can reassess.

Bama's backups against CSU starter is enough of a missmatch. Play Bama's backups against CSUs backups and even Saban may not be able to keep the score under 100.

I think Bama will score around 50, CSU may be able to get 3 or 7. But CSU is going to get completely physically abused and injured. This reminds me of when CSU took a payday at Nebraska in 1991 and lost 71-14. CSU had trouble fielding a team after that game because they were so injured.

CSU180tyronebyrd.jpg

Colorado State, meanwhile, self-destructed on offense and defense. The 1-2 Rams' eight turnovers equaled the record against Nebraska (last done by Kansas State in 1979); they did not make a first down until their fourth possessions; they gave up 30 gains of 10 yards or more; and they saw seven of their players helped off the field with injuries.

I think Bama will score around 50, CSU may be able to get 3 or 7. But CSU is going to get completely physically abused and injured. This reminds me of when CSU took a payday at Nebraska in 1991 and lost 71-14. CSU had trouble fielding a team after that game because they were so injured.

CSU180tyronebyrd.jpg

Somebody needs to explain to that husker that it's only football player dressed up as a sheep.

Now somebody hook me up with some "thanks smokey"!

Back