What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CSU loses 'prized recruit' as academic casualty

Better than Dorian Brown? At least, Rivals has Brown rated higher. He could still come back to haunt us. I never checked their class before, but they did get a lot of speedy guys.

Hard to say much about a RB who is recovering from a major knee surgery and expected to miss the upcoming season. If he comes back 100%, they got a good one.

Both kids are pretty decent prospects as players and would have been a step up in terms of talent for CSU. Had they been in good shape academically they both would have likely had a number of other offers from higher profile schools. Given that, had they had the offers from higher profile schools they likely would have taken one of those so CSU wouldn't be talking about losing them. The reason they were available to CSU was that other schools knew they weren't likely to qualify and didn't bother trying. CSU was willing to hope against hope that one of them would get in, their next hope is that the kids will appreciate the attention and return to CSU after their JC stints.

It's kind of like the guy who puts his attention into going after the hot chick who everyone knows has an STD. He knows that normally she would be out of his league but he is hoping that either the rumors are wrong and somehow she will test clean or that she has an STD that the doctors can cure or at least treat.

The CSU fans are already talking about having him there after a stint in the JC, be interesting to see what happens.

That analogy is missing something.
Let's assume the CSU kid that is going after the hot chick with the STD has an STD of his own...

Let's further assume that he got that STD from ****ing livestock.

So he figures that if she has and STD and he has an STD, then they were meant to be together.

He just has to hope that the hot chick with the warts doesn't find another, and even hotter guy than CSU who also has an STD (like Toledo, Kansas State, or BYU).

I might be in the minority here, but I feel bad for the kid.

I certainly don't feel sorry for the kid. He cheated on his ACT and got busted for it.

You can't take it and get 18 and then retake it and get 23. It's almost impossible to improve that much. BUt if you could improve it that much, then retaking it and getting at least 20 the next time would be a piece of cake. He couldn't come close.

His ACT score was revoked because they believe (actually they know) someone else took it for him. That's cheating and dishonest.

As for CSU, both of these guys would have been higher ranked if any college in their right mind would have given them a 50% chance of getting into school. Pretty much no one thought they would, except Fairchild, who has nothing to lose. Makes his classes look better in the interim. This isn't news. I have a connection on their staff and they expected both to end up Juco. They hope the kids remember that they were the D1 school that allowed them to sign an LOI and get some glory back in Feb2011.

Fairchild's strategy is to take the best talent he can get from TX and FL and build players by coaching them up. I think it's a good strategy, although I question why he's not interested in more Colorado kids. Especially OL guys. But he knows his football. This is the year that Lamb fans will see if Fairchild is building a nucleus of his own guys. I think they will be good offensively and not so good on defense (not enough size or speed). They should win enough games to get them bowl eligible, which will give them a boost late.

If CSU doesn't get bowl eligible with that high school schedule they're even more pathetic than I thought possible.

I don't see why CSU fans are all upset over this. It's nothing a quick call to Independence Community College couldn't fix.

Back