What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CSU not ****ing around for once...McElwain expected to be announced as thier coach

Nah. Just having fun. In all honesty this is absolutely a shoot for the moon hire though. I don't know where they are getting the money, because like somebody pointed out this is more than they make in TV revenue, and they had to have promised him a decent ass coach salary pool...at least if he is smart. I would like to see how much they are drawing from donations, my tax dollars, etc. If he fails there, they are in BIG trouble.

Pat Stryker.

Nah. Just having fun. In all honesty this is absolutely a shoot for the moon hire though. I don't know where they are getting the money, because like somebody pointed out this is more than they make in TV revenue, and they had to have promised him a decent ass coach salary pool...at least if he is smart. I would like to see how much they are drawing from donations, my tax dollars, etc. If he fails there, they are in BIG trouble.

It is called engaging major donors and selling a vision. Mike Bohn gets 50K to watch us get us our asses whipped by Oregon, so it's all good.

But they are taking a big risk with money, so stupid move on their part IMO.

It is called engaging major donors and selling a vision. Mike Bohn gets 50K to watch us get us our asses whipped by Oregon, so it's all good.

But they are taking a big risk with money, so stupid move on their part IMO.

If its nearly all donations than the risk is not that great. The bonds or whatever they use to build an on campus stadium might be a different story.

I wonder if Bohn/Benson/DiStefano will feel any heat over this....

Give me former player and current Notre Dame WR coach/recruiting coordinator Tony Alford as the offensive coordinator and CSU could have two of Rivals top 25 recruiters from last season. The assistants are going to be critical.

Give me former player and current Notre Dame WR coach/recruiting coordinator Tony Alford as the offensive coordinator and CSU could have two of Rivals top 25 recruiters from last season. The assistants are going to be critical.
This should be interesting.

Man. It really makes me wonder if someone is whispering in their ear.

If you think about it the Pac wants to get to 16 (but doesn't need to) and was really telegraphing that for awhile. The rest of the Big 12 is now pretty much off limits for a few years and CSU knows this too. What if its a ploy to get a natural partner for CU like the other Pac teams have? Or at worst end up in the Big 12? I cant see the Pac adding the New Mexico schools when CSU is out there making a ton of noise. What if they add some combination of BYU, AFA, CSU, BSU?

Seems far fetched.

Man. It really makes me wonder if someone is whispering in their ear.

If you think about it the Pac wants to get to 16 (but doesn't need to) and was really telegraphing that for awhile. The rest of the Big 12 is now pretty much off limits for a few years and CSU knows this too. What if its a ploy to get a natural partner for CU like the other Pac teams have? Or at worst end up in the Big 12? I cant see the Pac adding the New Mexico schools when CSU is out there making a ton of noise. What if they add some combination of BYU, AFA, CSU, BSU?

Seems far fetched.

What are you smoking to even think Pac is looking at them. Pac 12 turned down TEXAS and OKLAHOMA. You think they want CSU instead???

A lot easier to recruit at Bama and ND. All in all, seems like a really good hire for CSU. That said, Bama doesn't exactly light it up on offense and he'll have a lot less talent to work with at CSU.

This was the best hire CSU could have made. I'm have nothing bad to say about them. I would love to see how his contract is structured though. CSU might be betting it all on this.

**** CSU. Suprised they got a guy like him but the sheep **** ers are already bubbling about all the southern recruits he's going to bring to Fart collins. Um wake up morons.

A lot easier to recruit at Bama and ND. All in all, seems like a really good hire for CSU. That said, Bama doesn't exactly light it up on offense and he'll have a lot less talent to work with at CSU.

My thoughts exactly. Definitely a good hire and big credit to the lambs for thinking big, but - serious question to those who know these things - what is Mc's longer track record? Insert sarcasm font, but isn't being the OC on a Nick Satan 'bama team sort of akin to being told just don't **** things up while the defense wins?

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/blog/dr_saturday/post/Colorado-State-interrupts-BCS-programming-to-cla?urn=ncaaf-wp11405

n
ot so fast...
Of course, now as ever, Alabama's dominance begins on defense. But McElwain's offense has never been a mere cloud-of-dust complement: In four years, his system has produced eight draft picks, four first-rounders, six consensus All-Americans, two Heisman Trophy finalists and one Heisman winner. The Crimson Tide have averaged at least 32 points on more than 400 yards per game three years in a row — the most prolific stretch in school history — and just matched the 2010 attack for yards and points this year despite losing three first-round picks and the starting quarterback. At 220 yards per game rushing and 214 passing, it was arguably the most balanced offense in the country.

I know he's got all the talent in the world down there, but its not like his offenses have been anything close to average or bad. It took a very good LSU team to shut them down this year.

You mentioned that when there were rumors about him to CU. Has he been at Bama since Saban showed up? Before or after? (Sorry ahead of time for not TMFS, but I don't recall off the top of my head and don't feel like searching on my phone.

-- I'm a Guy On A Buffalo --

Major Applewhite was our OC in CNS's first year. CJM was hired his 2nd year.

It is easier to recruit at Bama and ND than CSU, but CSU needs to become competitive in their league. If they start talking MNCs, then we can laugh. They aren't going to be stealing away guys from Bama or any of the SEC schools, but there is talent to be had that would make them good enough for them to compete week in and week out. Wyoming was quite successful this year and they have the boosters and support to be a good team too (Texas and Braska played there in recent years).

Now, looking at this Bohn needs to start feeling some heat. If CSU starts talking about facility upgrades and if they break ground before we do then he needs--deserves--to be fired.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/blog/dr_saturday/post/Colorado-State-interrupts-BCS-programming-to-cla?urn=ncaaf-wp11405

n
ot so fast...

I know he's got all the talent in the world down there, but its not like his offenses have been anything close to average or bad. It took a very good LSU team to shut them down this year.

Ok. But is that because Mc is some coaching genius who can take mere mortals and mold them into Heisman winners, AAs and draft picks? Can that approach transfer to similar results in a place like Ft. Fun? Seems that style of o is all about available talent (exhibit A: CU 2011).

Last edited:
The question here at Bama is if CJM is just unimaginative or does CNS handcuff him. We seem to be very predictable. We will have 4 incredible pass plays per year but still run a stupid WR screen 7 times each game for a total of 25 yards. When we dominate it is usually in the running game which you don't make the big bucks calling runs between the tackles. He tries to be to cute for me.

Okay....honestly I think it's a really good hire especially for CSU. If they are going to pay him 1.5 a year, twice what Embree makes then I wanna see some god damn backlash from the Denver media about how much they are paying. We can't win with the media here. If we shell out big bucks then it's stories about how we are doing this in a bad economy. If we do what we did with Embo, then it's articles about how we are too cheap and can't lure a big name.
I want some equal treatment with the media and second, I'd like Bohn and Benson to get off their arse and start getting some cranes on campus and start building some ****. Btw the post had the CSU prez quoted as saying they haven,t raised one penny for the on campus stadium

I am so tired of hearing what a good hire this is. I don't care if he is a good coach he will fail because it is colorado state. No matter what.

I am so tired of hearing what a good hire this is. I don't care if he is a good coach he will fail because it is colorado state. No matter what.

Nope, they are going up and cu is going down. CSU fans think they have surpassed cu now and they are better because their coach makes twice as embree.

Seriously, csu fans are worse than husker fans.

Wake me when CSU coughs up $750K on a campaign to rebrand and standardize their logos

I wonder if he realizes that 101,807 fewer people go to CSU games than Alabama games...

I will be surprised if CJM doesnt kick Colorado's arse every year -EOM- majkzum 2011-12-12 20:10:31
intramurals Guy Montag 2011-12-12 20:20:39
Get in line behind Sonny Lubick -EOM- Anton Chigurh 2011-12-12 20:15:39
That's like being the tallest midget. WOOOOOO!!!! -EOM- Six The Hard Way 2011-12-12 20:12:27
Remember, he interviewed for the Colorado job last year -EOM- Ed Anger! 2011-12-12 20:11:42
CU is a dumpster fire, what a horrible hire they made it appears -EOM- Lloyd Braun 2011-12-12 20:11:37
They and Utah really beefed up the Pac Whatever. -EOM- EliFant 2011-12-12 20:12:22
"Research Universities" -EOM- Six The Hard Way 2011-12-12 20:12:54

Back