What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CSU not ****ing around for once...McElwain expected to be announced as thier coach

CU does have a vision, but the leaders are drunk and it's blurry....

meh. i have visions all the time. they are a bit overrated. although, i do think that bohn, benson, and distef should share a peyote pipe in a smoke tent asap-- it might help them see.the.future.

i kid. i kid.

meh. i have visions all the time. they are a bit overrated. although, i do think that bohn, benson, and distef should share a peyote pipe in a smoke tent asap-- it might help them see.the.future.

i kid. i kid.

They do just enough to make people think they are interested but most know they are full of it. I think they believe since they got us into the pac 12 their job is done.

They do just enough to make people think they are interested but most know they are full of it. I think they believe since they got us into the pac 12 their job is done.

all kidding aside, i think that's unfair and not true. they know they have to do more. the admin's hands are a bit tied by the transition into the new conference and, unlike virtually every other major athletic department, CU has to run a balanced budget and self-fund itself. it is a big deal for it to go get more $ by borrowing. so, they don't want to spend on credit now to do the stuff that needs to be done. as the $ kicks in, things will open up and these guys will look a lot more visionary than they do right this minute.

have they done a perfect job? hell, no. they kept d2 danny at least a year too long and they have whiffed on a few other moves, but the future is brighter for the CUAD than it has been in years. the leadership knows they cannot sit still and they have to capitalize on this momentum--- stay tuned.

all kidding aside, i think that's unfair and not true. they know they have to do more. the admin's hands are a bit tied by the transition into the new conference and, unlike virtually every other major athletic department, CU has to run a balanced budget and self-fund itself. it is a big deal for it to go get more $ by borrowing. so, they don't want to spend on credit now to do the stuff that needs to be done. as the $ kicks in, things will open up and these guys will look a lot more visionary than they do right this minute.

have they done a perfect job? hell, no. they kept d2 danny at least a year too long and they have whiffed on a few other moves, but the future is brighter for the CUAD than it has been in years. the leadership knows they cannot sit still and they have to capitalize on this momentum--- stay tuned.

True, but I keep hearing about these big donors and then....nothing.

Yeah - the Pac12 money great - but it would be nice if our big donors would get involved for once. Hopefully all this CSU talk makes them realize that it CAN be done

Yeah - the Pac12 money great - but it would be nice if our big donors would get involved for once. Hopefully all this CSU talk makes them realize that it CAN be done

i think there may be some fatigue from all the hands out from CU overall during an economic downturn, but i think the big thing would be for the leadership to find a couple of anchor donors and then hit the rest of us hard to put up or shut up. we've got enough alums with $ and who still support the Buffs and who are ecstatic about the move to the p12 that i would think a campaign could be successful.

I would donate a little cash if I knew it was going towards something.

"We need $X million for the practice facility, we need your help". I would toss up $50. Is that much? No, absolutely not at all. But it would start getting me used to opening my wallet, and of course the little donations add up.

It's cool though, we're building a water-park!

The problem is that they speak in generalities rather than laying out specific goals. Maybe they have goals but, if so, they do a good job of keeping them secret. They need something tangible that fans, donors, athletes and staff can get excited about. Maybe architectural renderings and a funding plan. I'd think we do have something in the works.

Anything that puts pressure on the CU admin to get their sh*t together is a good thing. Good for CSU.

I thought this too. To long has CU remained unchallenged in the state. I hope they build a ginormous mega stadium on campus thats state of the art as well as not one, but two, count em, two, practice bubbles. That might get er going in boulder.

I demand a professional job. Make the lines crisp and uniform using the authorized style guidelines.
a6934810-6477-b86e.jpg

The spent what? $750,000 on that? shesh.

I would donate a little cash if I knew it was going towards something.

"We need $X million for the practice facility, we need your help". I would toss up $50. Is that much? No, absolutely not at all. But it would start getting me used to opening my wallet, and of course the little donations add up.

It's cool though, we're building a water-park!

absolutely agree, they need to make it easy to send micro-donations for a particular project.

The spring game comment was made by a guy who hated the hire and was being a douchebag.

Back