What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CSU Pre-Game Thread

Just gotta say s/o to the engineers of this board for setting up an amazing layout.

I just attempted to browse ramnation to see what they were saying about this game and to see if they had any good input on their team. I can't figure out that site for the life of me. No one deserves that horrible layout.
man, you'd be surprised, but the VT forum that I participate in went from that threaded-linear format (not sure that's what it's technically called) to VBulletin, and then switched back. Turns out that the format of the forum is a big influence on what form the conversations take. the threaded-line format of the Sportswar group leads to a lot of back and forth with one-line posts. When we switched to VB, conversations became more like Allbuffs: longer posts, but less back and forth than members were used to. Nothing wrong with either, just different, and I'm not at all surprised that a group accustomed to one balks at the other.

I do agree the linear look is ugly at first glance.

Actually, at the time I moved to CO, techsideline was using the VB format -- one of the reasons I started posting on Allbuffs vs Netbuffs was picking a site for CU that had the same platform. just your bad luck that I decided to stick around AB after TSL switched back.

"Did you make a copy. Cause if you made a copy we could still watch it."

The game at Moby is always a good tell on the kind of team we have. 2 years ago is one of the bigger road wins I can remember.

Its a good road test for sure. It is one of the most hostile places the team will play and if they can run their system there, they can run it anywhere.

man, you'd be surprised, but the VT forum that I participate in went from that threaded-linear format (not sure that's what it's technically called) to VBulletin, and then switched back. Turns out that the format of the forum is a big influence on what form the conversations take. the threaded-line format of the Sportswar group leads to a lot of back and forth with one-line posts. When we switched to VB, conversations became more like Allbuffs: longer posts, but less back and forth than members were used to. Nothing wrong with either, just different, and I'm not at all surprised that a group accustomed to one balks at the other.

Actually, at the time I moved to CO, techsideline was using the VB format -- one of the reasons I started posting on Allbuffs vs Netbuffs was picking a site for CU that had the same platform. just your bad luck that I decided to stick around AB after TSL switched back.

There's a different reason. The linear makes it so every post read gets quantified as a unique click. Your ad rates are a lot better when you go with that sh!tty format... if your members will put up with it.

Are the mods going to start a live game thread ... or is this going to be it?

Not just who you foul, but when you foul. If a guy comes off the bench and hasn't gotten a shot up, foul him before you give him a layup. Make his cold ass hit two. You get a big guy gasping for breath needing a break? Don't give him an easy bucket, make him earn it while he's fatigued. Obviously do your best to never foul shooters.

While I like the thought and logic here the empirical evidence doesn't add up. There is a slight negative correlation between FT Defense and winning. There also seems to be no correlation to FT Defense and tourney appearances. While there are certainly some outliers, in general is seems like over 30 games and all of the variation there isn't any tie to actually winning and fouling guys that can't shoot.

I'm in the opinion that ft defense as a statistical means absolution nothing.

While I like the thought and logic here the empirical evidence doesn't add up. There is a slight negative correlation between FT Defense and winning. There also seems to be no correlation to FT Defense and tourney appearances. While there are certainly some outliers, in general is seems like over 30 games and all of the variation there isn't any tie to actually winning and fouling guys that can't shoot.

I'm in the opinion that ft defense as a statistical means absolution nothing.

I knew I should have added, "Biting the shooting arm of an opposing player can also help FT defense," to really drive home the point I was kidding and just trying to make you angry.

sportwar owns a cu site - i tried to buy it

I knew I should have added, "Biting the shooting arm of an opposing player can also help FT defense," to really drive home the point I was kidding and just trying to make you angry.

The good point you did make in that, though, is that smart teams tend to win more games. I don't know how to quantify "gamesmanship" and "court savvy", but I know it when I see it. To use NBA examples, dudes like Reggie and Stockton, the recent Spurs championship team, those old Lakers & Celtics teams of the 80s. Or for college, those Laettner/Hurley/Hill Duke teams everyone hated or so many of the Izzo teams. In college, it's a reflection of the head coach. In the pros, it's a reflection of the star players.

The good point you did make in that, though, is that smart teams tend to win more games. I don't know how to quantify "gamesmanship" and "court savvy", but I know it when I see it. To use NBA examples, dudes like Reggie and Stockton, the recent Spurs championship team, those old Lakers & Celtics teams of the 80s. Or for college, those Laettner/Hurley/Hill Duke teams everyone hated or so many of the Izzo teams. In college, it's a reflection of the head coach. In the pros, it's a reflection of the star players.

Gamesmanship? like tripping a player?

There's a different reason. The linear makes it so every post read gets quantified as a unique click. Your ad rates are a lot better when you go with that sh!tty format... if your members will put up with it.

This is mostly true (page view not click) I have the metrics from said attempted purchase to prove it.

Back