What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CSU Predictions thread (Was: is there a CSU predictions thread yet?)

Buffs 31
CSEwe 10
And Lawrence Vickers is going to run all sorts of smack at the Houston Texans CSU-posse (David Anderson, Joel Dreesen). FACT!

Even more wow. What are your reasons? You really think we're going to give up 41 points to a team that struggled to score 14 against UNM or 33 against a FCS team that lost to a DII/III team? Not knowing how to win is such a bull**** excuse.
I want to make a totally horrific nazi reference, but instead, I'm just gonna say I hope to god you are never a cop.

So please, tell me why it's a viable excuse.

You ever wonder why certain teams tend to win close games and other teams tend to lose those close games? There is something to "learning how to win" that this team has not mastered. The college game has enough parity now to the point that winning close games separates the good teams and the bad teams, or even the good teams and the mediocre teams. Do you think our team knew how to win close games last season?

(I know, it is all Dan Hawkins fault... blah, blah, blah)

I would pin that on coaching and Hansen cramping up and limiting our playbook, unless you want to say not making plays is not knowing how to win, then I'd agree.

Is Anderson back with the Texans? Because the Broncos cut him 2 weeks ago.

Yep. Kevin Walter got a deep bruise to his collar bone and is potentially out for a week or so. The Texans brought DA back because he's been with the team for 5 years so he knows the system well.

I would pin that on coaching and Hansen cramping up and limiting our playbook, unless you want to say not making plays is not knowing how to win, then I'd agree.
You just countered my "weak ass" excuse with two even weaker excuses. It's a prediction thread dude. Doesn't mean that is how its going to work out. I've been picking the buffs to win every game for the last five years. Hope I'm wrong this time too.

It's true we dont know how to win yet, been proven time and time again for several seasons now. I dont see it as much of a factor this week, I hope, for the simple fact that CSU is horrible. Only way we start to undue that is by coming through in a close game,especially on the road. We can't continue to kill ourselves with the mental mistakes and alot of it is just that. With the talent and depth issues we have, simply cant afford to get in our own way.

This really *should* be a game where the Buffs capitalize early and the outcome is in hand by halftime. That said, given our penchant for slow starts and this being CSU's game of the year, it may take 3 quarters to break them. I'll say:

CU 27
Rams 13

and by all means lets establish a ground game

Last edited:
Rams defense suprises.

CSU - 24
CU - 17

That would be an offensive EXPLOSION for CSU. Sure our secondary makes mistakes, but you scored 14 on New Mexico...who's 2-24 under Locksley...and were outscored in the second half by a Northern squad coming off a heartbreaking loss to Lindenwood...

Back