What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CSU Pregame Thread

Also just an opinion that probably won't be popular here.

CU fans need to take this game seriously this year. CSU is looking like a solid team ( I know they have issues, but so does everyone). If you can get to the game, the team could really use the support. This game could really be the momentum swing the program needs. This is our rivalry game as far as the young fans are concerned. Would help if the alumni and the 35yr old fans backed that view for 1 season. CU really needs this win and I think the fans could really help the team out this Saturday.

Also just an opinion that probably won't be popular here.

CU fans need to take this game seriously this year. CSU is looking like a solid team ( I know they have issues, but so does everyone). If you can get to the game, the team could really use the support. This game could really be the momentum swing the program needs. This is our rivalry game as far as the young fans are concerned. Would help if the alumni and the 35yr old fans backed that view for 1 season. CU really needs this win and I think the fans could really help the team out this Saturday.
why this is an unpopular opinion is beyond me.

Keep the ball and avoid unnecessary/costly penalties. I think I this team can play within it's collective identity they can match up with 75% of D1 programs. We finally have good enough athletes at the skill positions to be the flip the scoreboard in our favor.

But, I think the secondary will have to play lights out to make this game a comfortable W for CU.

So keep the ball and don't get gashed on late downs, and at the least match the physicality level coming from CSU.

From BDC

Notable

Backup quarterback Cade Apsay is expected to be in uniform against CSU. Apsay was suspended for the first two games. ... Left tackle Jeromy Irwin and defensive tackle Jase Franke both left Saturday's game with injuries. MacIntyre said the Buffs will know more about their status in the next couple of days.

Really, Tini?

giphy.gif

This game scares the hell outta me. Although the rush defense looked pretty good against Hawaii, UMass moved the ball at a 5.0 YPC clip. I have to think CSU is a better rushing offense than UMass.

Additionally, even though the Buffs did run for almost 400 yds. against UMass, they don't have a single defensive lineman on their two deep over 270 lbs. CSU is much bigger in the front seven. If Sefo can't do enough to scare them away from stacking the box, it could be a long day for the O.

In short, I see MANY "chances" that the Buffs lose this game.

I'm not really sure who either team is at this point so it should be an interesting game. It looks like CSU can play a little bit of defense, for once, so that's a nice development. However, can they score? Minnesota probably has one of the better defenses CSU will see all season, but the lack of QB production and all the turnovers has me concerned. Winnable game for both programs.

This team is not losing this game. No chance.
I can't decide who Tini reminds me of more:

-Merrill from Signs, except there are no aliens, or
-Luke from the first Star Wars, where he's on the MF, and he's wearing that blast helmet and that little drone keeps zapping him, except in this case, there is no force.

last years game was a crusher. We go up and then watch their OL dominate. Their running game abused us. Gillam has to watch that film and quit over pursuing. DL needs to be able to pressure QB into a few poor decisions, but more important, slow down that run game. Secondary will need to play solid, no more poor tackles. Sefo needs to get his head right. CSU too good to expect that we can be one-dimensional on offense.

I'm not really sure who either team is at this point so it should be an interesting game. It looks like CSU can play a little bit of defense, for once, so that's a nice development. However, can they score? Minnesota probably has one of the better defenses CSU will see all season, but the lack of QB production and all the turnovers has me concerned. Winnable game for both programs.
Sadly, I think this may be the most reasoned analysis I've seen so far, and one with which I reluctantly agree. I think either team is capable of taking over this game, and both are very capable of giving it away. Controlling the LOS and turnovers (including such crap as muffed or blocked punts) will most likely determine the outcome.

This team is not losing this game. No chance.
:LOL: I love it. Banning tini for CSU week is a loss however, I was really looking forward to the hilarity of tini v. the world if anybody suggested CU would not win by 100 or more. Too bad it only lasted until Monday morning...release the tini!

Linebackers need to not over pursue. Gillam has done a lot of this so far this season that has extended plays for opponents.

CU has given up less than 125 yards per game rushing and less than 4 yards per rush. I just don't get the criticism of the linebackers generally and Gillam in particular.

CU has given up less than 125 yards per game rushing and less than 4 yards per rush. I just don't get the criticism of the linebackers generally and Gillam in particular.
It has more to do with not stopping the opponents at the first point of contact. The first defender to the ball is getting beaten in a lot cases in the first two games, either due to over pursuit or just sh*tty arm tackling. It's one thing to allow yards after contact to HI or Umass, it will be another when it is D. Booker or Nick Wilson in conference play. They'll just take it to the house.

On more important thoughts, if the OL can open lanes like they did against UMass ( I happen to think the CSU front seven is significantly better than UMass btw), then run, run, run and then run some more. Having said that I expect Lindgren to fashion a game plan to throw the ball 70 gazillion times to show the world how smart he is.

Reactions: SBG
One thing I am curious about is a post-game hangover for CSU. I'm thinking they put everything they had into that game, physically and emotionally, especially as it looked like they had a chance to win. I know they wanted to win that one bad to show they can hang with P5 teams. I'm hoping they let that game beat them twice.

One thing I am curious about is a post-game hangover for CSU. I'm thinking they put everything they had into that game, physically and emotionally, especially as it looked like they had a chance to win. I know they wanted to win that one bad to show they can hang with P5 teams. I'm hoping they let that game beat them twice.
I seriously doubt that will happen. CSU is always up for their game against The Buffs.

The problem with a play action game plan is that Sefo seems to wildly overthrow any ball longer than 20 yards.

Man, I have no clue what to expect. Does CU stack the box and dare the Rams to throw? I'd almost expect csu will play run first on defense given our success and, apparently, desire to establish the run. If they do, can we burn them with through the air? I still think Sefo has the ability to be an effective passer. This is a really difficult game to predict.

:LOL: I love it. Banning tini for CSU week is a loss however, I was really looking forward to the hilarity of tini v. the world if anybody suggested CU would not win by 100 or more. Too bad it only lasted until Monday morning...release the tini!
It's kind of about that. But not really

I see all these posts about how important QB play is, and I don't disagree, but why does that not apply to CSU here? They're solid on defense, and Higgins is good, but he's injured, along with a few other players, and they don't have a Qb. Why does that apply to one team only?

It's kind of about that. But not really

I see all these posts about how important QB play is, and I don't disagree, but why does that not apply to CSU here? They're solid on defense, and Higgins is good, but he's injured, along with a few other players, and they don't have a Qb. Why does that apply to one team only?

because we are CU and we haven't had nice things in 10 years. We had our first dose of being on the right side of an ass whooping in 8 years and the hope is scary. CU fans are guarding themselves against disappointment.

That and CSU needs to be respected. They are good this year. It will definitely be a step up from UMass. Its up to the Buffs to prove they can handle that step.

Back