What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CSU Pregame Thread

The last time they truly folded was the 2nd half of the CSU game last year. Ever since they have fought until the bitter end.
Don't think the team folded so much as DC Baer refused to or couldn't adjust his play calling to stop the CSU ground game.

Baer never put 8-9 in the box and challenged a very flat Grayson to respond. CSU coaches understood Baer would continue to play it straight up; just as Lee understood Burnside would continue suicidal frontal attacks on Mayre's Heights at Fredricksburg.

Don't think the team folded so much as DC Baer refused to or couldn't adjust his play calling to stop the CSU ground game.

Baer never put 8-9 in the box and challenged a very flat Grayson to respond.
The offense folded. You could tell in their body language.

Did we just get a civil war reference?
I thought it was a really good one.

May I throw in a WWII reference? Just as the Japanese knew that Bull Halsey would chase a Fleet of empty, light carriers away from Leyte Gulf...

I'm a huge homer/sunshine pumper, and I can absolutely say Colorado is not better than Minnesota. Minnesota won the way Minnesota wins. They had the ball in their hands at the end of the game with a chance to beat Ohio State last year. They handed NU their first home loss to them since the forties (or in that range). They had the ball in their hands with a shot to beat TCU. They rarely win flashy. They tie you up, and grind it out. Don't check our win column because CSU lost at home to the gophers. If anything, be concerned that they hung with Minnesota.

I think the buffs have finally learned how to punch back. They need to start being the ones to punch first though.
Based on UMass? Certainly not based on Hawaii. I hope you are right but I need to see it against better competition before I will believe it.

Based on UMass? Certainly not based on Hawaii. I hope you are right but I need to see it against better competition before I will believe it.
No, based on what we saw the second half of the season last year. They did against hawaii too, it was just too little too late. They fought back from adversity against Umass and succeeded.

No, based on what we saw the second half of the season last year. They did against hawaii too, it was just too little too late. They fought back from adversity against Umass and succeeded.
Ok, that makes sense. I see that more as not quitting than punching back.

There was NO "Civil War"! Just that Recent Unpleasantness caused by Northern aggression.
Tell that to this guy...

axl-rose-un-turk-kizlarindan-daha-guzel-olmasi_616670.png

Sometimes they quit, but I probably overstated what I meant earlier. A better phrasing would have been: when the game is on the line, this team hasn't gotten it done. It's happened over and over again. They don't necessarily quit, but either they run out of time or run out of downs.

If this team is down by 4 and gets the ball at their own 10 with 5 minutes left - will they get it done? Just because a few minutes later they get the ball back down by 7 when there's 45 seconds left, and then run out of time while "not quiting" doesn't mean they didn't "fold" in the sense that I'm thinking about.

Time and time again last year they had that chance (and sometimes several chances) to go out and grab that win, and time and time again they came up just short. They had those chances against Hawaii. They will get that chance, and possibly several, again this weekend. Do they finally push through and take it? Or do they come up just short, again?

Most of that team went 10-3 last year. Just saying.
They beat 3 teams with winning records and two of those were 7-6. The combined record of the teams the beat was 42-69. Yeah, I'll give them credit for putting together a good season last year including whooping our ass. But they have an entirely new coaching staff and ours has been in place for going on 3 years now. Our coach said we are going to be winners this year, that we are more experienced, bigger, stronger and know how to win. We better damned well win this game.

The offense folded. You could tell in their body language.
The team talked last year about how they kinda gave up at the CSU game. They said they learned from it and just fought and fought the rest of the season. Their ****ty play helped the rest of that season, hope the same is true about the Hawaii game.

I had forgotten that they gave TCU all they could handle.
It will be a tough game, but it's definitely not unwinnable.

Pass the kool aid.

I don't question the teams desire to win this next game and hopefully the coaches having them prepared. I think they are still pissed about it from last year.

However, I do question whether we can win a close game at the end. We still find ways to lose those games and the Hawaii game proved that. We seemed so lost on the last play of the Hawaii game.

At some point I realized the banning 'Tini does nothing, as his voice now resides in DBT. Somewhat unexpectedly, I might add.

MV5BMTcxMDcxMTkxMl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNDA3OTgwMw@@._V1._SX640_SY744_.jpg

Somebody should get Folsom Frenzy to make a huge poster of the white buffalo painting for the game on saturday.

Back