What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CSU Pregame Thread

At some point I realized the banning 'Tini does nothing, as his voice now resides in DBT. Somewhat unexpectedly, I might add.
Yeah, that is a concern of mine. That I'm sounding kind of like 'tini. But there is a big difference. I'm saying we are better than csu and if we don't beat them, Mac should be in big trouble. 'tini, OTOH, just argues as to why we are better than csu.

Yeah, that is a concern of mine. That I'm sounding kind of like 'tini. But there is a big difference. I'm saying we are better than csu and if we don't beat them, Mac should be in big trouble. 'tini, OTOH, just argues as to why we are better than csu.

Not sure where the CSU-phobia is coming from. They've lost 3 of their last 4, with their one win coming against the worst team in the FCS, not even the FBS mind you. New coach, new QBs, injury to their best player. They won their one against us last year, and now we'll reel off 2 or 3 wins in a row against them, as it has always been.

xLAYwdONTllzxWzkhgjBbLbC.jpg20150916-3-1aws8pw

For comparative purposes, how do you rate the following for Hawaii, UMass, and CSU:

QB: I would go UM > UH > CSU the two QBs at CSU just haven’t shown enough yet

RB: I would go CSU > UH > UM

TE: I would go CSU > UH > UM this assumes Cartwright is playing (I don’t see that he has played yet this year, is CSU trying to be tricky here?)

WR: Assuming Higgins plays CSU > UM = UH. If Higgins is at 80% or less then they are probably all equal

OL: I would go CSU > UM > UH

Looking at my assumptions above, our ability to stop the run will truly be the determining factor to the defensive results and our chances of winning the game.

For comparative purposes, how do you rate the following for Hawaii, UMass, and CSU:

QB: I would go UM > UH > CSU the two QBs at CSU just haven’t shown enough yet

RB: I would go CSU > UH > UM

TE: I would go CSU > UH > UM this assumes Cartwright is playing (I don’t see that he has played yet this year, is CSU trying to be tricky here?)

WR: Assuming Higgins plays CSU > UM = UH. If Higgins is at 80% or less then they are probably all equal

OL: I would go CSU > UM > UH

Looking at my assumptions above, our ability to stop the run will truly be the determining factor to the defensive results and our chances of winning the game.
Cartwright was injured in the opener. Believed to be minor, but it appears it kept him out of the Minn game. Similar status to Higgins then it would seem.

Cartwright was injured in the opener. Believed to be minor, but it appears it kept him out of the Minn game. Similar status to Higgins then it would seem.

We need both of them to play as I do not want to hear excuses by ram fans.

I listened to HCMM's press conference. My favorite part was:

"We have a big game at... what's the name of the stadium... something Mile High? I'm just going to call it Mile High. Anyone who has been a fan of football knows all about the Broncos and Mile High Stadium."

That just added a few oints to HCMM for me. I don't ever call the stadium anything other than Mile High!

Minnesota averaged 4.4 yards per attempt - and their O sucks. Feeling more confident about this game.

I listened to HCMM's press conference. My favorite part was:

"We have a big game at... what's the name of the stadium... something Mile High? I'm just going to call it Mile High. Anyone who has been a fan of football knows all about the Broncos and Mile High Stadium."

That just added a few oints to HCMM for me. I don't ever call the stadium anything other than Mile High!
Wasn't Old Mile High much louder. It looked like it on tv. Camera would be shaking like a mother****er.

Wasn't Old Mile High much louder. It looked like it on tv. Camera would be shaking like a ************.

SA at Mile High was actually designed to be louder but they lost the blue collar fan when old mile high was demolished. I've been yelled at for getting too into a Bronco game at SAaMH.

The Broncos wanted more revenue from the new stadium, which definitely resulted in a change in fan demographic/type to overall more quiet fan base.
Certainly the Broncos braintrust knew that would be a result but chose money over noise.

Some CSU fans occasionally engage in the following rhetoric:

Why do CU fans get so upset about BVP throwing the ball in the defender's face, but celebrate this .gif so much. It's the same thing!

Some CSU fans also suggest it was poor sportsmanship on Vickers' part.

To which I respond:

Dear sheep-****er. It is NOT the same thing. BVP threw the ball in the face of the defender who was behind him, as he ran untouched into the end zone. He initiated the event, and it was a clear display of poor sportsmanship.

When Vickers crosses the goalline in the above .gif, the contact is initiated by the CSU defender. Vickers simply overpowers him, in a way that would be celebrated by any football fan. Vickers didn't initiate the contact, but clearly ended it. What was he supposed to do, fall down, when hit by a defender?

Not sure where the CSU-phobia is coming from. They've lost 3 of their last 4, with their one win coming against the worst team in the FCS, not even the FBS mind you. New coach, new QBs, injury to their best player. They won their one against us last year, and now we'll reel off 2 or 3 wins in a row against them, as it has always been.

I agree, but we haven't dominated the matchup when the Rocky Mountain Showdown is staged at Mile High.

Back