What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CSU Preview: Baa, Ram, Ewwwwwwwww.... that's disgusting

RSSBot

News Junkie
For reasons unknown, the yearly series of questionable profit continues this weekend.* Reality and logic be damned, we're headed back to Invesco Sports Authority Field to face the CSU Rams.* You can check out my preview from last season here.

I can't help but think of the underpants gnomes from South Park when thinking about this game.

Phase 1:* Play CU and CSU in Denver

Phase 2: ?

Phase 3: Profit!

I don't know why we head to Denver each year, but everyone keeps saying it makes more money for everyone involved.* Thing is, I can't see how.* Every year more and more fans stay away in droves.* How is it, with empty seats and fewer concession dollars, that the yearly "showdown" isn't becoming an unprofitable embarrassment?* Has anyone checked the books?

Don't look at CU fans, Buff Nation supports our team as would befit a program of our stature. * As of yesterday, the Buffs have sold over 95% of their 38,000 ticket allotment.* As usual, it's the CSU fan base, long known for fickle and mostly absent support of their lower-profile alma mater, which continues to halfheartedly buy into the game they demand stays on the schedule.* It was announced that not only have they barely sold over 50% of their allotment, but their student section isn't even a sell-out. For shame, Rammies.

Good luck to the Denver Sports Commission, cause they've got a decade worth of half-empty Sports Authority Field to go before they can drop the charade; and remember to blame CSU for the piss-poor attendance Saturday.

To re-iterate: this game belongs on campus.

--

Breaking with tradition, the crew and I failed to make our yearly sojourn into enemy territory to purchase a flag for burning. *While I may not have a fresh Ram flag to burn this year, I can remind everyone of what a CSU flag looks like when it gets lit on fire.* Posted for your hate-filled pleasure is the video of last year's event.* Enjoy:

The 2011 CU/CSU game will kick off at 11:30 AM.* If you can manage to get up that early on a Saturday, yet can't make it to Denver (plenty of tickets still available, btw!), you can watch the game, with color commentary provided by CU's own Joel Klatt, on Root Sports/FSN.*

Click below for the preview...

Read more »
8030839680057503187-951218073039485099

More...

Back