What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CSU stadium

assume that the architects and civil engineers have an effective billing rate of around $150/hour. (I work in the contract engineering business and this is a realistic rate).

if we assume a 2 year design phase, that's 30 - 35 engineers working full time, to get to $20MM just in labor, which seems realistic to me (at least it's not out of reality).

First post and I think I may have actually added value to the discussion.

I heard over the weekend that CSU was requiring that $20 Million to be funded entirely by private donors. The money has apparently been raised and the design and engineering phase is well underway.

Rumors at this point so take it for what its worth, but the info came from people I trust. Given the level of confidence Graham has exhibited recently when talking about the stadium and the success of the overall fundraising efforts I tend to believe it. The athletic department is making a serious push to have this thing ready for a 2016 home opener. I wouldn't be surprised to see the locations of the home-home series with Minnesota flipped for 2015 & 2016 to make the Gophers the opening opponent.

Last edited:
I love what Graham is doing at CSU...if Bohn doesn't have the balls, why not hire someone who has the balls to get things done at CU?

I love what Graham is doing at CSU...if Bohn doesn't have the balls, why not hire someone who has the balls to get things done at CU?

For the first time CSU's athletic department is being structured and run like a corporation which has been desperately needed. There are now 6 senior level associate athletic directors that report to Graham. He has completely changed the culture within the department and has surrounded himself with talented people. Time will tell if it works.

There is a difference between "getting things done" and "doing the right things". Not arguing that Bohn has been doing the latter, but just because Graham is making a lot of noise up in the Fort it doesn't mean that he isn't putting them on the course to serious disaster...

There is a difference between "getting things done" and "doing the right things". Not arguing that Bohn has been doing the latter, but just because Graham is making a lot of noise up in the Fort it doesn't mean that he isn't putting them on the course to serious disaster...

Or not really doing anything at all besides blowing a lot of hot air and bankrupting the AD. They are spending BCS level type money on coaching along with an incredibly expensive stadium project.

I'm not saying this is the case. As CC said, time will tell. I think they are definitely taking some major risks though.

How many have you guys have been around CSU's campus? That place is gonna be such a cluster**** for traffic. No matter from which direction you are travelling from, you will hit at a minimum of 10 traffic lights. You can travel from Denver directly to Folsom Field and hit what, 2 traffic lights in Boulder, one of which being on campus

How many have you guys have been around CSU's campus? That place is gonna be such a cluster**** for traffic. No matter from which direction you are travelling from, you will hit at a minimum of 10 traffic lights. You can travel from Denver directly to Folsom Field and hit what, 2 traffic lights in Boulder, one of which being on campus

If people actually went to the games that'd be true :lol:

I was up there for Halloween when they were playing Hawaii and no one was aware of a game being played :lol:

If people actually went to the games that'd be true :lol:

I was up there for Halloween when they were playing Hawaii and no one was aware of a game being played :lol:

^^This^^

Their idea of selling 40,000 seats is a joke. When they had a top 25 team playing their best opponents they couldn't sell 30,000 more than a few times.

They blame it on Hughes being old but nobody came when they were all excited about the renovation and expansion a few years back. With the proposed location it will be easier for students to get there but for fans coming in from out of town it will likely be worse than dealing with the narrow road into Hughes. Parking will be a disaster, just getting to campus will take forever, leaving will be worse.

The comments section is awesome.

371140_1133740589_1577626512_q.jpg

But remember, it's expandable so that when the big 12/big ten/AFC West come calling they are ready to go....MAN!

The overall design makes me say, "meh" It is new and modern but also kind of bland and uninspiring. So I guess they captured the essence of CSU football didn't they? Good job populous.

I hope they get that thing built, and paid for. I see so much fail in this plan it's hard to get too excited. Building a 36K seat stadium when you can't put 15K in the one you have seems like a big risk to me. I get the idea that the new stadium will attract a few new folks initially, but after the novelty wears off, it's still CSU football.

Gonna be a bummer when the power conferences split off and they realize they built this thing for what will essentially be Division II football.

The blueprint designates a detox facility on the NE corner of the stadium, close to the dorms.

Those CSU architects get credit for planning ahead.

Back