What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CSU - torn

Sanctimonious Prick:
1) Family ties
2) Look at that jackass in the clown sheep suit
3) Little brother fan base
4) IT'S F U C K I N G CSEWE!

You want to cheer for Front Range basketball? Fine, root for the Zoomies and Pios, I do. But the sheep and their insufferable fans can kiss my ass and lack my hole before I EVER consider rooting for them.

F U C K CSWho!

First of all ... thank you for showing due respect to me by addressing me by my formal board name. :thumbsup:

Second ... I respect the "family ties" thingy ... I suspect that your family includes some CSU fans with whom you have or do not have a friendly rivalry thing going. If so ... I totally understand. All my cousins on my dad's side of the family were ardent Catholics (NTTAWWT) and Notre Dame fans ('nuf said) ... and their constant chattering led to my utter hatred for ND since then.

Third ... and the final "point" of yours to which I shall respond ... the whole "little brother" thing rings hollow for me, since I am in fact one. :)

No. You missed the family ties - the ties are to Mizzou. Not the ****head truck driving school to the north.

:lol: :rofl:

BF7XrM6CcAE3w30.png:large

How the hell could Gasm afford a bus ticket to Lexington?

No. You missed the family ties - the ties are to Mizzou. Not the ****head truck driving school to the north.

Then how do you reconcile your loyalty to CU with your family ties to a school whose fans still rail on about the "fifth down" ... who insulted us on our exit from the Texass 12 but who then bolted the very next year to the SEC, and who to this day show no respect for CU?

And a further point on the whole "little brother" thing ... I speak from experience that my brother beat up on me whenever the hell he felt like it (he was after all 6 years older) ... but he always had my back if anyone else picked on me.

just sayin'

Then how do you reconcile your loyalty to CU with your family ties to a school whose fans still rail on about the "fifth down" ... who insulted us on our exit from the Texass 12 but who then bolted the very next year to the SEC, and who to this day show no respect for CU?

And a further point on the whole "little brother" thing ... I speak from experience that my brother beat up on me whenever the hell he felt like it (he was after all 6 years older) ... but he always had my back if anyone else picked on me.

just sayin'

Good Christmas you're dense. My mom went to school there and I have no ties/desire to ever cheer for CSU despite growing up I the state. When we were in the same conference, I hated Mizzou so much my mom knew better than to be around me during CU - Mizzou games.
We should all know by now politicians say stupid things on a regular basis. So no issues there. We aren't in the same conference anymore so no reason to continue the hate.
Meanwhile, we are STILL STUCK with having to deal with an inferior and uninformed fan base with misguided visions of grandeur they can never achieve.
I hate the F U C K I N G sheep, always have always will, and will never root for those assholes as long as I live. They don't deserve it.

My two cents.

Guess I haven't had the same negative experiences with CSU fans as other people

But I have never went to the Rocky Mountain Showdown games, as I just don't like the idea of games being on a neutral field. If I'm going to come from out of town to a game, that's probably the last one I'd pick.

It's pretty simple though. Colorado has been the much more successful football program, so they are going to often boo CU, even if it's against the state's best interest. Doesn't really bother me.

It's very similar to how most KU fans will cheer for CU (because of Boyle and Bohn being former alums), but most CU fans aren't exactly pulling for KU to do well (unless they're afraid they'll do so bad that Self will get fired, and KU will target Boyle as their next coach). Team has quite a bit of success, and another team wants to see them fail. Especially when the team that is doing well lets the other fanbase know about it. It's just how it is.

Despite the annoyance of it, I'd rather beat CSU in truly meaningful games. I love the atmosphere of college basketball games when it's two very good teams going at it.

Nice win for CSU. I don't think they'll beat Louisville, but wouldn't surprise me if they keep it closer then most expect.

Mizzou has to be the worst coached team ever. They kept on jacking up 3's when they weren't hitting any. Also Iverson got his 3rd foul early in the 2nd and Mizzou didn't attack the basket/Iverson at all. Haith will get fired after next year

CSU played great tonight. Got lots of loose balls, a ridiculous amount of boards and made free throws and big shots. Congrats you get to play Louisville.

I root for CSU. The CU-CSU thing is just such a lackluster "rivalry", I can't help but root for them (outside of them playing Colorado). There is certainly more of a rivalry in basketball than football, but I still enjoy seeing them do well (and also Wyoming, DU and Air Force). Mizzou was much more of a rival, and I'm glad to see them get spanked. Great game Rams.

I root for CSU. The CU-CSU thing is just such a lackluster "rivalry", I can't help but root for them (outside of them playing Colorado). There is certainly more of a rivalry in basketball than football, but I still enjoy seeing them do well (and also Wyoming, DU and Air Force). Mizzou was much more of a rival, and I'm glad to see them get spanked. Great game Rams.
I'm with you, outside of our conference, it's best when the whole area is strong.

I would root for them, except when they win at anything they turn into a bunch of obnoxious pricks who feel like they need to lord their tiniest success over CU somehow. Everything at CSU comes back to CU, one way or another.

I found myself rooting for Mizzou last night. I went into the game not really caring one way or the other, but I had Mizzou in my pool.

Good game by the goats. I desperately need them to get destroyed by Louisville, though.

Colorado State outrebounded Missouri 42-19, largest margin Mizzou has been outrebounded by this season. Mizzou was top 10 in rebound pct.

Pretty impressive I have to say.

Colorado State outrebounded Missouri 42-19, largest margin Mizzou has been outrebounded by this season. Mizzou was top 10 in rebound pct.

Pretty impressive I have to say.

That's what happens when Mizzou jacks up tons of 3's and CSU had layups all game. And credit where credit is due to Eustachy and co. I also picked CSU in both of my brackets

And also WTF new mexico. I had them going to the ELite 8 and Final 4 in my two brackets. That was dumb

And also WTF new mexico. I had them going to the ELite 8 and Final 4 in my two brackets. That was dumb

I think people are way too hard on themselves sometimes with these picks. Sometimes, it's just a bit of luck, good chance if New Mexico had won they'd go to atleast the Sweet 16. It's just not that team's day a lot of the time.

I think people are way too hard on themselves sometimes with these picks. Sometimes, it's just a bit of luck, good chance if New Mexico had won they'd go to atleast the Sweet 16. It's just not that team's day a lot of the time.

I don't think you're hard enough on yourself sometimes.

Other than when they play CU I generally couldn't care less if they win or lose. I pull for any Colorado team in the tournament.

Other than when they play CU I generally couldn't care less if they win or lose. I pull for any Colorado team in the tournament.

Yep. No reason not to cheer for local teams. It raises everyone up and makes things more fun. As long as CU's doing its thing, it's not like the success of DU, UNCO, WYO, CSU or AFA is going to be a negative for us in any way. Similarly, LSU fans don't see a need to cheer against Tulane, LA Tech, LA-Lafayette, LA-Monroe, Grambling and Southern.

I am just bummed that I didn't pick CSU in my bracket. I thought they were under-seeded and well-coached.

I am just bummed that I didn't pick CSU in my bracket. I thought they were under-seeded and well-coached.

I thought I'd picked CSU. Meant to. Anyway, that game is a good sign for us. Illinois lost to Mizzou on a neutral court this year.

If anyone wants to see why CSU fans suck so bad, then all you need to do is read the comments of the Denver Post article about our game.

http://www.denverpost.com/cu/ci_22851774/cu-buffs-rally-then-fall-short-ncaa-tournament

I was happy for CSU's win, until I started seeing how CSU fan's react. CSU has an easy team to like, but their fans....

Give 'em their 15 minutes. Buffs not only have "scoreboard" this year, but next year is looking real ugly for the Lammies: replacing 80% of both scoring and boarding ain't gonna be easy, just ask Calpo!

As for the Louisville game, gotta go with the Ft Fun bunch over Pitino the Sleazeball. Hmmmm, Pitino, Petrino....the Italian Stallions, what's up with that? At least, Arky had the stones to say buh-bye to Bobby P. !

If anyone wants to see why CSU fans suck so bad, then all you need to do is read the comments of the Denver Post article about our game.

http://www.denverpost.com/cu/ci_22851774/cu-buffs-rally-then-fall-short-ncaa-tournament

I was happy for CSU's win, until I started seeing how CSU fan's react. CSU has an easy team to like, but their fans....

If you sink to the level of this segment of their fan base, then it only serves to feed this. Best approach for CU fans is to be above it. Most CSU folks I've met are typical people from the state, but maybe skewing a bit more midwestern "old Colorado" than CU, Air Force and DU folks do. I try to focus on this majority instead of that obnoxious, immature minority that hates CU like a religion. You know, guys like Van Pelt who can't transition to being an adult professional and gives the middle finger to CU fans after he's graduated and in the League. That's the element that I don't want to encourage.

Back