1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Csu

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by LongHaulBuff, Jan 19, 2010.

1. LongHaulBuff

LongHaulBuff Club Member Club Member

Just saw they lost Tyler Shreve 3* QB to Utah over the weekend and one of their other commits Najee James was shot last month in FLA.

2. 4DemBuffs

4DemBuffs Most admired poster Club Member

did Mr James survive?

3. buffaholic

buffaholic Club Member Club Member

Good chance this QB signs a baseball contract this summer. He said he was not affected by CSU signing the 4-star San Diego kid and would come here to compete - and then turns around and signs with Utah. Where have we seen that one before?

4. LongHaulBuff

LongHaulBuff Club Member Club Member

Yes. Shot in the leg.

5. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

They also had a JUCO o-lineman de-commit and choose a different school this week.

6. CsquaredCC

CsquaredCC Well-Known Member

Shreve was a loss, but there was a very high chance he never made it to CSU's campus in the first place. He is expected to be a 1st or 2nd round pick in this springs baseball draft. With 4* QB Pete Thomas enrolled, on campus, and already working out with the team it makes the loss of Shreve much easier to swallow.

Brandon Joiner was the JUCO D-Lineman that is referenced, and I don't count him as a loss at all. Sounds like the kid is in a load of legal trouble and I heard CSU pulled their offer.

7. dio

dio Admin Club Member Junta Member

In other words - everything is peachy!

8. JJBuff

JJBuff Club Member Club Member

Doesn't matter who their QB is. He'll play like a HOFer against us and then look mediocre the rest of the year.

9. CsquaredCC

I have absolutely no complaints about how this year's class is shaping up. It looks to be the strongest class that Fairchild has put together to date and one the deepest classes CSU has seen in quite some time. It's just nice to finally see signs of life on the recruiting trail again, especially after a disastrous season on the field in 2009.

10. buffaholic

buffaholic Club Member Club Member

Fairchild is filling up on overlooked kids from Florida and Texas and I think that's a winning strategy. Big emphasis on speed. CU on the other hand is turning over similar rocks but all over (NC, NJ, OH, LA, FL, PA). Seems like we are trying to work Ambrose in LA big time. We do not have the contacts though in FL or TX that we need imo.

11. buffsyko

buffsyko Club Member Club Member

Yep, they have 10 kids from florida and 5 from texas so far. That's pretty good. I would like to see cu start landing more recruits out of texas obviously.

12. dio

i hate csu

13. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

I am very curious to see how many of those FL kids stick. Its quite a change from FL to CO. all the FL kids I know ****ing hate it here, especially the winters of their first year.

14. Bisonic

Bisonic Member

In Sunday's paper I counted at least 6 (if not more) from Orlando alone. Obviously Fairchild has some kind of in there.

Bizarre thought - reading your local Orlando Sentinal the day after signing day and seeing a boatload of local kids heading up to CSU. Doubtful Orandans (Orandites? Orlandonians? Orlans?) even know where CS Ewe is. Probably think it's Cal State ... somewhere near San Jose.

15. buffsyko

Sonny built some in-roads there during his miami years and continued to do so while at csu. Fairchild is keeping it going.

16. leftybuff

leftybuff Iconoclast Club Member

Sonny got Sapp, and from then on CSU was all over Fl like an ankle monitor....

17. buffsyko

Nice!

18. tante

tante Club Member Club Member

I think the Pete Thomas kid is a better find anyway.

19. The Guest

The Guest Guest

That's a good sign for CSU. The very best CSU players get shot at some point in their careers.

Disasterous 2009? I thought you guys won your game.

Always good to see you around these parts CC.

20. Dunken

Dunken Member

Man things have gotten bad for CU, the only positive thread is about how well csu is recruiting in FL and TX......

21. CsquaredCC

Looks like the Rams backfilled the loss of Shreve with 3* QB Garrett Grayson out of Washington late yesterday. No BCS offers and looks more like a dual threat/athelete type of QB. Looks like a nice replacement.

22. The Guest

The Guest Guest

Nice use of the "backfilled" homonym--that CSU education really pays off on the interwebz chat boards.

Things have gotten bad for CU when CSU is even beating us in recruits without other D1 offers. That's our move!

23. CsquaredCC

With regards to CSU's success in with lesser known Florida recruits, I don't think you can underestimate the relationship between Fairchild and Urban Meyer either. Rumor has it that Urban Meyer and Fairchild are close after serving on Lubick's staff together and that Meyer has helped key CSU in on some guys that the U of Flordia likes, but could not make it in the SEC. Who knows if it is true, but it doesn't seem too far fetched seeing how many Florida kids are in this class.

24. CsquaredCC

In all fairness...Grayson did have an offer from Eastern Washington. I think CU fans are familiar with that program if I am not mistaken? (sorry couldn't resist) :)

25. dply

dply Doble hoja Club Member

Hey we actually beat Eastern Washington.

26. CsquaredCC

Oops...I can't keep my D1AA schools straight.

27. dio

Careful, the Lambs also lucked out against that dominant Weber State last year

28. CsquaredCC

No question about it. If that wasn't a sign of things to come I am not sure what was. That game against Weber was terrible.

29. Dunken

Dunken Member

good thing it was a home game for us, might have been a different outcome

30. Junction

Junction Moderator Club Member

Hey, don't underestimate the fighting kettles. If you're not careful, they'll burn you! :lol: