What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CSU's potential starting QB could be out for season

After looking at my comment again, I kinda made it look like I was glad csu's players got hurt, and that is not the case, just wanted to correct myself there.

Don't mean to be the glass half-empty guy, but didn't this team with all of the issues described win seven games last year, including a bowl game?

If the CSU game was the third game of the season, I would say a win would be a mortal lock. However, as the first game of the season, and with the Rams getting a month to prepare for their rival - you just never know.

Remember - the first six games in the series played at Mile High - in each game, one of the two teams came in ranked (three times each). In all six games - the unranked team won. The unexpected is the norm.

I'm hoping for a rout, but I'll believe it when it's 38-10 at the start of the fourth quarter ... :gobuffs:

CSU got better as the season went along. Much better actually. In addition to us beating them handily at Invesco to open up the season, they nearly lost to Sacramento State at home.

But they turned around the season due in large part to Gartrell Johnson becoming a superstar. He had nearly 1500 yards rushing, including 285 in their bowl game. Hell, he was the best player for them by far against us last season. Their most experienced returning RB, John Mosure, had a little less than 150 yards all of last season. Then there is Billy Farris. He struggled against us, but got much more comfortable as the season went along. He took nearly all the snaps last year. So replacing those two guys is going to take some time, so it is actually a positive we get them in Week 1.

Seriously, CU by 40. There's no way in HELL that CSU should hang with the Buffs this year. I suppose, if CU turns the ball over 4-5 times and has some special teams lapses, the game could go to CSU. In order for CSU to have a hope in the game, CU has to make a ton of mistakes AND CSU has to play a nearly flawless game.

CSU has about as much chance of beating CU in Folsom as CU has of beating UT in Austin. It can happen - anything can in college football - but it would take a perfect storm of events to occur.

Don't mean to be the glass half-empty guy, but didn't this team with all of the issues described win seven games last year, including a bowl game?

Yes they did indeed win 7 games, which included wins against Sacramento State and MWC competition. :smile2:

Yes they did indeed win 7 games, which included wins against Sacramento State and MWC competition. :smile2:

In their losses they lost by an average of 38-17, a 21 point margin. In their wins, against such power houses as Sac St, UNLV, SDSU, WYO, NM they outscored their opponents by a whopping 32-24 average.

Houston and Fresno were the only teams they beat with a winning record all year.

In their losses they lost by an average of 38-17, a 21 point margin. In their wins, against such power houses as Sac St, UNLV, SDSU, WYO, NM they outscored their opponents by a whopping 32-24 average.

Houston and Fresno were the only teams they beat with a winning record all year.

Their best showings were close losses to TCU and BYU. If they make it back to a bowl game, it would be a good season for them. Just don't see it happening.

and didn't they lose that very tough running back with the gold teeth too? gatrell or something? he looked very good at the end of the year.

and didn't they lose that very tough running back with the gold teeth too? gatrell or something? he looked very good at the end of the year.

Gartrell Johnson. Rushed for almost 300 yards in their bowl game. Ended up getting drafted in the 4th round by the Chargers. Very good RB.

Unfortunately, I can think of another team that only beat 2 teams with a winning record.

Fortunately, one of those 2 wins was a smacking of the Rams. And the other was a tough WVU team.

You're depressing and not much fun to have around here with your negativity :huh:

Luckily you're quickly becoming a joke :lol:

CU beat 2 teams with a winning record last year. That's factual. Now, as I pointed out, one of those victories was against a tough WVU team.

Unfortunately, sometimes facts and reality can be both negative and depressing.

In this case, I pick CU to beat the Rams by 20. Is that too negative for you?

CU beat 2 teams with a winning record last year. That's factual. Now, as I pointed out, one of those victories was against a tough WVU team.

Unfortunately, sometimes facts and reality can be both negative and depressing.

In this case, I pick CU to beat the Rams by 20. Is that too negative for you?

CU was also decimated by injuries along the OLine last season. Hard to have any sort of offense when you can run block or pass block.

But, your 3 score prediction for the CSU game makes me feel better :thumbsup:

Back