What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CSU's pre-spring depth chart

This season is critical for Fairchild. Old Sonny gets a pass from ram fans but he left the pipeline pretty empty. Fairchild has been doing a good job of recruiting relative to his conference. Last year at Invesco I thought CSU was one of the least talented teams I had seen in a long time.

The things that could give Ram Fans hope - Thomas will be a force at QB after a year under center; All the freshmen that played last year will be much improved because of the experience.

On the down side. Is the team really buying into Fairchild and his staff? The Wyoming game looked like the team quit. RAMs need big improvement on both lines. The team is still young overall.

CSU has a decent chance to go bowling next year, especially with Pete Thomas a year older and experienced.

@ New Mexico W
Northern Colorado W
Colorado (Invesco) L
@ Utah St W
San Jose St. W
Boise St L
@ UTEP L
@ UNLV W
San Diego St. L
@ TCU L
Air Force L
Wyoming W

Logic might say you are right with them winning six and going bowling but I don't think so.

The UNM game should be a win but they are on the road against a team that is making major changes. CSU will have spent their entire off-season focused on CU and will be ripe to lose this one. UNM is pretty bad but CSU contended with them last year for worst in the MWC honors. UNM will be up for this game looking at CSU as a chance to start their season off strong.

UNC should be a win, UNC is getting better but is still a FCS team playing on the road.

CU, Bienemy is going to use this game to show that CU is now a physical team, the score may not reflect it but CSU will leave the field hurting after this one.

Utah State and San Jose should both be wins but CSU will lose at least one. They always play poorly after losing to CU, their reason for being has been busted for another year and they tend to play bad, even for them. Remember a couple of years ago they only beat FCS Weber on an unforced turnover by Weber in the last minute of play in the post CU game. They are traveling to Utah State as well so chalk up at least one loss here.

Boise, enough said, game over before it starts.

UTEP, a better team that CSU in a road game. CSU is back to believing they will lose, they will

UNLV, bad team but faster than CSU and another road game. CSU in disarray, could be a win but I wouldn't bet on it. By this time the fans are calling for Fairchilds head.

SDSU, Loss

TCU, @TCU a scrimmage for the Frogs. Might need exponents for the scoreboard.

AFA, Air Force will be playing for something, CSU won't. CSU has had a history of surprising in these games but again I wouldn't bet the beer money.

Wyoming, Two bad teams, records don't mean much in this game, playing in Ft. Collins Wyo should win but won't. CSU finishes with a win.

Probable results for the season 3-4 wins, trying to figure out how to afford a new coach while they average less than 20K for home games.

I will try not to get punched by a CSU coed this year and I hope Embree doesnt get punched like Barnett did in his first game vs CSU.

I hope they lose every game by 50 points.

I don't. Other than the CU game I want them to win. I think building the reputation of college football in the State indirectly helps CU in many areas. If we are going to play CSU at Invesco - I want to see the place packed and rocking...which will increase local sponsorship of the game. Last year was pathetic - the lack of energy in the stadium was sad. CSU is not a hated rival no matter how hard some try to manufacturer it to be so.

I hate them. But if I'm not mistaken there is quite the Assistant Coach turnover after last year

I don't hate CSU, but I do hate having the game at Invesco. I was a big supporter of having the game in Denver, but my experiences in Denver the last 2-3 years have been abyssmal. I really do hate Invesco Field. I could go my entire life without seeing another event there and would be perfectly happy.

Ok, so to the folks saying they don't hate CSU. What is wrong with you? Do you not remember their fans jumping up and down on our homefield. Or their star inciting the fans to get drunk and abuse CU fans? BVP whom they worship? CSU fanbase has a single purpose: to hate Colorado.See Hughes stadium attendance for evidence. Screw them. I hope they lose by a 100 points a game. Colorado doesn't need CSU to build "regional" football strength. We were at the center of the football universe when they sucked ass. We can be again. They, on the other hand, need us for relevance.

I can't bring myself to hate something so utterly irrelevant. Hate is an emotion best saved for something I actually care about.

Dont hate CSU? How about now?

[video=youtube;lYrTl7lodW4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYrTl7lodW4[/video]

Ok, so to the folks saying they don't hate CSU. What is wrong with you? Do you not remember their fans jumping up and down on our homefield. Or their star inciting the fans to get drunk and abuse CU fans? BVP whom they worship? CSU fanbase has a single purpose: to hate Colorado.See Hughes stadium attendance for evidence. Screw them. I hope they lose by a 100 points a game. Colorado doesn't need CSU to build "regional" football strength. We were at the center of the football universe when they sucked ass. We can be again. They, on the other hand, need us for relevance.

:nod:

I used to like all Colorado sports. My teams were CU, AFA, and CSU. That was until we renewed the series with CSU. Their fans are horrible. There are a few exceptions. (CsquaredCC seems like a good guy)

I hate the series. **** CSU **** sonny lubick, **** bradleeeeeee Van douchebag, **** that bald 40 year old QB they played a few years back. **** em all.

Since we play them every year, and the perception of their program affects the perception of football in Colorado, we don't want them to be godawful.

Since we play them every year, and the perception of their program affects the perception of football in Colorado, we don't want them to be godawful.

I don't buy this argument. Marshall sucking or being good does nothing to impact my opinion of WVU football.

In regards to CSU, Embree's job is to make them and the game irrelivant. Beat them badly enough, often enough that their loudmouth core group of fans just wishes that this game would go away. Not only beat them but convince them that it is in their best interest to find somebody else to dream of beating since they have no hope of winning this one on their schedule.

When I was a kid growing up there weren't CU and CSU fans they were all CU fans that like to see CSU do well.

CSU was 2-3 against the worst head football coach Colorado has ever had. If you can't beat Dan Hawkins, you're terrible.

Much obliged dply.

No problem. There are others of you out there. I've just had a bad taste in my mouth from invesco. I think this game seems to bring out the worst in both fanbases. It isn't the same as CU NU or CSu Wyo for some reason and I've never been able to figure out why.

No problem. There are others of you out there. I've just had a bad taste in my mouth from invesco. I think this game seems to bring out the worst in both fanbases. It isn't the same as CU NU or CSu Wyo for some reason and I've never been able to figure out why.

I just think the general state of both programs over the last few years has a lot to do with it and I agree with Sackman that Invesco has lost much of its luster. When both CU and CSU are "right" the fans generally turn out and it ends up being good exposure for both programs. Last season were some of the lowest expectations I have ever seen coming into that game for CSU and CU and the crowd reflected that, especially on the CSU side.

Plus, I know many CU fans continue to harp on the notion that somehow CSU's annual game with CU is what keeps the Ram's relevant, but honestly it has been the overall strength of the MWC conference that has "propped" up CSU for a while now. That may change with the major shift in the conference. I guess we'll see how all that plays out, but I can already tell you I am looking forward to that Boise State game in Fort Collins this season as much as any in recent memory.

Last edited:
Maybe the tear gas incident and other crap that happened at the start of the re-newed series makes me think of the worst. If you go to something thinking you're going to have a bad time, you usually have a bad time.

I wouldn't mind seeing the series put on hold for a couple of years (like 2-4) and then have it brought back on the campuses.

Maybe the tear gas incident and other crap that happened at the start of the re-newed series makes me think of the worst. If you go to something thinking you're going to have a bad time, you usually have a bad time.

I wouldn't mind seeing the series put on hold for a couple of years (like 2-4) and then have it brought back on the campuses.

The tear gas incident was an absolute low point in the series. I wouldn't mind at all to see the game brought back to the campuses in alternating years, but I have no doubt that the CU administration and fans would never be agreeable to that type of arrangment (i.e Fort Collins every other year). The contract for the RMS is what it is at this point. CU and CSU are two games in to a 10 year deal and I am sure there are serious penalties built in for any sort of early termination or suspension. Something neither CSU nor CU can afford financially at this point. If you are fan of either team, I think you just hold out hope that both programs get it going in the near future and actually start playing games where something is on the line again. That more than anything will draw the fans and some of the grudging respect back to the game IMO.

PS - My treat for a beer or two at this season's RMS if your interested.

Last edited:
Back