What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU-Air Force....did anyone know this?

I think it is interesting that the article portrays Hans Mueh's distaste for CU and Boulder, and fails to mention that he has a daughter who went to CU and still lives in Boulder now. Her and I were very good friends in high school and in college. I have had dinner on Pearl Street with Mr. Mueh, and I never sensed any sign of his distaste for the place.

I recall an institutional stack of sliced cheese flying through the air slice by slice in 1994 when Wisconsin came to town for a night game.

Just read the recap - can you imagine that atmosphere these days?

That Wisconsin game was the only time that I thought the abuse poured on the Badger fans went over the line, mostly because I didn't understand it.

All that said, I think Folsom gets a bad rap among some people because of whining nub fans. Incidentally, they whine about being abused in Manhattan and Columbia, too. At what point do you start thinking it's not the other people starting the problem?

Corndogs have the biggest victim complex in all of college sports.

CU isn't a friendly place to play. Get over it.

Well, it used to be unfriendly. Now, nobody cares enough to be assholes.

I think Mueh's vitriol (or lackthereof) got overplayed by the guy who wrote this. As a CU fan, I wouldn't be opposed to renewing the series IF the CSU series ended. I don't want to have two long term commitments to MWC opponents, especially with one less OOC game a year in the Pac 12.

My only problem with playing Air Force is that it feels weird to boo cadets.

Even worse, they don't seem to take it well. I mean, when Rugged, Snow and I went down there for the basketball game we got some disapproving looks that were, frankly, kind of hurtful. This literally happened every time we yelled something like "Break his ****ing leg!" or "Eat a dick, flyboy!". You just can't be a regular fan when you're playing Air Force.

Even worse, they don't seem to take it well. I mean, when Rugged, Snow and I went down there for the basketball game we got some disapproving looks that were, frankly, kind of hurtful. This literally happened every time we yelled something like "Break his ****ing leg!" or "Eat a dick, flyboy!". You just can't be a regular fan when you're playing Air Force.

Alex Lewis and Jordan Webb wouldn't be phased by disapproving looks. Tacklin' fuel.

I was about 5 sentences into an epic rant about the "Chair Force" when I saw this flash across my tv screen: http://channel.nationalgeographic.c...t-rescue/videos/inside-combat-rescue-trailer/

I take it all back. Those guys are rock stars. If you've never seen the series, check out On Demand or YouTube. They did about 6 episodes on NatGeo. First time they've ever let a camera crew go with Medivac helos. It's gripping stuff and God bless those kids who are doing it. They are truly heroes.

I'm a huge fan of a rotating Front Range series (Wyo, CSU, AFA) even though I think the AFA triple option traditionally gives fits to those who don't see it more than once a year.

Hah. Please remind me to rep you when I'm not on tapatalk.

Fine with me, although AF has a cool stadium so I wouldn't be opposed to a game down there.

It's also seats around 50,000 I believe, instead of whatever pathetic number Hughes seats.

Anyway, the 2002 K-State game I saw some 'Cat fans(think they were students) get water thrown on them, and had to fend off a few CU students looking to pick a fight. They were harrased all game pretty much. That was probably the worst I ever saw. I discount anything I ever saw happen to fusker fans because they had it coming in my book. :smile2:

Zoomies quit the series because they were regularly getting their asses handed to them and physically getting beaten up every game they played CU. Anybody says anything else, they're lyin'. Crowder's teams played a very physical brand of ball, you might beat the Buffs, but you lost half your starters for the next game. The teams who followed CU on other teams' schedules would usually win, since the opposition was so beat up after facing CU.

The real nail in the Zooms' coffin, was the freshman game in '69 (Yes, they had a frosh squad back then, coached by Dan Stavely). LB Jeff Geiser (later Dr Geiser, PhD) personally destroyed a couple of AFA players with vicious, but clean and legal hits, I think breaking one kid's leg. You could really hear that hit and know something real bad happened to the AFA RB.

The reputation is wildly exaggerated. Maybe CU fans are slightly worse than average with opposing fans, but I doubt it is much more than that overall.

When opposing Teams bands refuse to return to your stadium because of being pelted by debris then I think there is a problem. The rationalizing it is no good in my book. CU has a beautiful campus in a beautiful setting why should that be tarnished by people who decide to be A-Holes.

When opposing Teams bands refuse to return to your stadium because of being pelted by debris then I think there is a problem. The rationalizing it is no good in my book. CU has a beautiful campus in a beautiful setting why should that be tarnished by people who decide to be A-Holes.

Good **** em, I don't want to hear some other ****** fight song in Folsom

Zoomies quit the series because they were regularly getting their asses handed to them and physically getting beaten up every game they played CU. Anybody says anything else, they're lyin'. Crowder's teams played a very physical brand of ball, you might beat the Buffs, but you lost half your starters for the next game. The teams who followed CU on other teams' schedules would usually win, since the opposition was so beat up after facing CU.

The real nail in the Zooms' coffin, was the freshman game in '69 (Yes, they had a frosh squad back then, coached by Dan Stavely). LB Jeff Geiser (later Dr Geiser, PhD) personally destroyed a couple of AFA players with vicious, but clean and legal hits, I think breaking one kid's leg. You could really hear that hit and know something real bad happened to the AFA RB.
You are pretty close on this. The Buffs didn't necessarily knock out half of the opponents starters, but Eddie's teams were tough guys who played hard-nosed football. The freshmen were pretty tough under Stavely, too. We pounded them pretty bad at Folsom in '71 by 53-17. We also mocked them a bit as a lot of guys on defense painted their shoes blue for the game. The Air Force brass didn't like their guys getting beaten up on the field so they quit the series. I don't really care to play Air Force again. Old Dad was a retired AF Lt. Colonel and the Air Force program is the only other one I care much for.

But we are talking about Aggies. AGGIES!

Do you for one second believe that the A&M band was given more grief in Folsom than elsewhere? Everybody mocks the Aggies and their jackbooted band. Tortilla Tech, Baylor, and UT all have a little spirited animosity for A&M.

This sounds more like an emotional rationalization providing cover for the logistical and cost implications of bringing an army of khaki and leather clad nut grabbing band members on a two thousand mile round trip road trip to the most distant outpost of their former conference. Would YOU want to be the chaperone on a sixteen hour road trip on a bus full of A&M band members?

But we are talking about Aggies. AGGIES!

Do you for one second believe that the A&M band was given more grief in Folsom than elsewhere? Everybody mocks the Aggies and their jackbooted band. Tortilla Tech, Baylor, and UT all have a little spirited animosity for A&M.

This sounds more like an emotional rationalization providing cover for the logistical and cost implications of bringing an army of khaki and leather clad nut grabbing band members on a two thousand mile round trip road trip to the most distant outpost of their former conference. Would YOU want to be the chaperone on a sixteen hour road trip on a bus full of A&M band members?
It would be a pretty sticky situation

Back