What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU All Time Roster

dply

Doble hoja
Club Member
This was hidden in the fantasy forum but I wanted to post it here as well.

For NCAA 2011 a guy on operation sports is doing every school's all-time rosters. This is what he has for the Buffs:

OFFENSE
QB-#11 Bobby Anderson-(Sr/HB), #3 Darian Hagan-(Jr), #10 Kordell "Slash" Stewart-(Jr/Wr), #14 Koy Detmer-(Jr), #12 Joel Klatt-(So)
RB-#24 Bryron "Whizzer" White-(Sr/P), #1 Eric Bieniemy-(Sr), #19 RaShaan Salaam-(Jr), #22 Chris Brown-(So), #42 Bobby Purify-(So)
FB-#41 Bo Matthews-(Sr), #40 Lawrence Vickers-(So)
WR-#21 Cliff Branch-(Sr), #8 Mike Pritchard-(Sr), #81 Michael Westbrook-(Jr), #9 Charles Johnson-(Jr), #23 Rae Carruth-(Jr), #18 D.J. Hackett-(So)
TE-#88 J.V. Cain-(Sr), #80 Don Hasslebeck-(Sr), #87 Christian Fauria-(Jr), #89 Daniel Graham-(Jr), #49 Quinn Sypniewski-(So), #82 Joel Klofenstein-(So)
OT-#66 Stan Brock-(Sr/Capt), #58 Pete Brock-(Sr), #71 Victor Rogers-(Jr), #76 Matt Lepsis-(Jr/TE), #68 Tom Ashworth-(Jr)
OG-#69 John Wooten-(Sr), #63 Heath Irwin-(Jr), #62 Chris Naeole-(Jr), #64 Brad Bedell-(Jr)
C-#52 Jay Leeuwenburg-(Sr), #65 Andre Gurode-(Jr)

DEFENSE
DE-#77 Bill Brundige-(Sr), #97 Kanavis McGhee-(Sr), #90 "Crazy" Herb Orvis-(Sr), #91 Tyler Brayton-(So)
DT-#93 Joel Steed-(Sr), #99 Lenardo Renfro-(Sr), #96 Justin Bannan-(Jr), #95 Darius Holland-(Jr), #60 Matt McChesney-(So)
OLB-#92 Alfred Williams-(Sr), #34 Chad Brown-(Jr), #50 Hannibal Navies-(Jr), #59 Greg Jones-(Jr), #57 Sean Tufts-(So), #55 Drew Walhroos-(So), #27 Brian Iwuh-(Fr)
MLB-#54 Greg Biekert-(Sr), #16 Matt Russell-(Jr), #46 Ted Johnson-(Jr), #7 Jashon Sykes-(So), #44 Jordon Dizon-(Fr)
CB-#4 Mark Haynes-(Sr/Capt), #39 Cullen Bryant-(Sr), #2 Deion Figures-(Jr), #47 Chris Hudson-(Jr), #5 Ben Kelly-(Jr), #30 Donald Strickland-(So), #26 Terrence Wheatley-(Fr)
FS-#13 Ronnie Bradford-(Jr), #15 Steve Rosga-(Jr)
SS-#31 David Tate-(Sr), #32 Michael Lewis-(So)

SPECIAL TEAMS
K-#6 Mason Crosby-(Fr)
P-Mitch Berger-(Jr)
LS-Leeuwenburg
KOS-Berger
PR/KR-Branch/Bienemy

This was hidden in the fantasy forum but I wanted to post it here as well.

For NCAA 2011 a guy on operation sports is doing every school's all-time rosters. This is what he has for the Buffs:

OFFENSE
QB-#11 Bobby Anderson-(Sr/HB), #3 Darian Hagan-(Jr), #10 Kordell "Slash" Stewart-(Jr/Wr), #14 Koy Detmer-(Jr), #12 Joel Klatt-(So)
RB-#24 Bryron "Whizzer" White-(Sr/P), #1 Eric Bieniemy-(Sr), #19 RaShaan Salaam-(Jr), #22 Chris Brown-(So), #42 Bobby Purify-(So)
FB-#41 Bo Matthews-(Sr), #40 Lawrence Vickers-(So)
WR-#21 Cliff Branch-(Sr), #8 Mike Pritchard-(Sr), #81 Michael Westbrook-(Jr), #9 Charles Johnson-(Jr), #23 Rae Carruth-(Jr), #18 D.J. Hackett-(So)
TE-#88 J.V. Cain-(Sr), #80 Don Hasslebeck-(Sr), #87 Christian Fauria-(Jr), #89 Daniel Graham-(Jr), #49 Quinn Sypniewski-(So), #82 Joel Klofenstein-(So)
OT-#66 Stan Brock-(Sr/Capt), #58 Pete Brock-(Sr), #71 Victor Rogers-(Jr), #76 Matt Lepsis-(Jr/TE), #68 Tom Ashworth-(Jr)
OG-#69 John Wooten-(Sr), #63 Heath Irwin-(Jr), #62 Chris Naeole-(Jr), #64 Brad Bedell-(Jr)
C-#52 Jay Leeuwenburg-(Sr), #65 Andre Gurode-(Jr)

DEFENSE
DE-#77 Bill Brundige-(Sr), #97 Kanavis McGhee-(Sr), #90 "Crazy" Herb Orvis-(Sr), #91 Tyler Brayton-(So)
DT-#93 Joel Steed-(Sr), #99 Lenardo Renfro-(Sr), #96 Justin Bannan-(Jr), #95 Darius Holland-(Jr), #60 Matt McChesney-(So)
OLB-#92 Alfred Williams-(Sr), #34 Chad Brown-(Jr), #50 Hannibal Navies-(Jr), #59 Greg Jones-(Jr), #57 Sean Tufts-(So), #55 Drew Walhroos-(So), #27 Brian Iwuh-(Fr)
MLB-#54 Greg Biekert-(Sr), #16 Matt Russell-(Jr), #46 Ted Johnson-(Jr), #7 Jashon Sykes-(So), #44 Jordon Dizon-(Fr)
CB-#4 Mark Haynes-(Sr/Capt), #39 Cullen Bryant-(Sr), #2 Deion Figures-(Jr), #47 Chris Hudson-(Jr), #5 Ben Kelly-(Jr), #30 Donald Strickland-(So), #26 Terrence Wheatley-(Fr)
FS-#13 Ronnie Bradford-(Jr), #15 Steve Rosga-(Jr)
SS-#31 David Tate-(Sr), #32 Michael Lewis-(So)

SPECIAL TEAMS
K-#6 Mason Crosby-(Fr)
P-Mitch Berger-(Jr)
LS-Leeuwenburg
KOS-Berger
PR/KR-Branch/Bienemy

1. I would have Hagan #1 QB. Look at his record as a starter!
2. What about George Hemmingway and Brandon Drumm at FB?
3. Bienemy at KR/PR? I seem to remember McCloughan doing that in EB's time.

Just a note on some numbers that I am certain of, Cliff Branch wore #23, J.V. Cain wore #89, Herb Orvis wore #88 and Cullen Bryant wore #16. Bo Matthews #41 is correct. These guys were all on the 1971 team. (I think there are a few other numbers that are incorrect as well, but I'll leave that for other posters to correct if they want to.)

[The only other game jersey I have besides my black #30 is one of Herb's white road #88 jerseys. I never dressed for a road game so don't have a white #30.:smile2: We wore our home black jerseys in the Bluebonnet Bowl in 1971. Everybody dressed for the bowl game, even the low man on the totem pole.:smile2:]

Just a note on some numbers that I am certain of, Cliff Branch wore #23, J.V. Cain wore #89, Herb Orvis wore #88 and Cullen Bryant wore #16. Bo Matthews #41 is correct. These guys were all on the 1971 team. (I think there are a few other numbers that are incorrect as well, but I'll leave that for other posters to correct if they want to.)

[The only other game jersey I have besides my black #30 is one of Herb's white road #88 jerseys. I never dressed for a road game so don't have a white #30.:smile2: We wore our home black jerseys in the Bluebonnet Bowl in 1971. Everybody dressed for the bowl game, even the low man on the totem pole.:smile2:]

The roster #'s are not accurate because the guy is using a video game roster. Also they are in order of oldest to newest if i remember right. So they are not second, third string.

LOL at Hagan being second string and Ben Kelly not returning.

I think I would give the edge to Hagan, but Bobby Anderson was quite a player at quarterback and tailback. I saw them both play. Also, Kelly was good, but no one was better than Branch returning kickoffs and punts. Perhaps you never saw him play??

I think I would give the edge to Hagan, but Bobby Anderson was quite a player at quarterback and tailback. I saw them both play. Also, Kelly was good, but no one was better than Branch returning kickoffs and punts. Perhaps you never saw him play??

Bobby was definitely a gamer and a worthy selection (I have been in Dick and Booby's parents house in Boulder lots of cool stuff in that basement!) but Hagan is the best without question. Im fine with Branch but Kelly was 10x the returner than Beinemy

2. What about George Hemmingway and Brandon Drumm at FB?

exactly what i was going to post. can't speak to Bo Matthews much, LV was talented as heck....but woefully underused at CU. Drumm and Hemingway were hammers, road graters, whatever....and a big part of championship teams.

also, buried in the semi-forgotten Mallory years, Tony Reed was an outstanding RB for the CU team that shared the Big 8 title in 76. i would rank him as high as Bobby P. at least....particularly in a run-heavy Big 8 in the 70's, Reed carried the load. I loved Bobby, but I think Reed was the better back. i was really young, but my pops talked about Reed all the time into the 80's.

Last edited:
Dick Anderson needs to be in there at safety, and Boyd Dowler at WR. Rod Perry and Tom Brookshier should probably in there at CB, too.

I did. Electrifying.

JoePa is still havin' nightmares from the 2nd half kickoff.

Saw them both and have to agree with you on Branch. Two years of returning punts and he gets six TD's not sure anyone has done any better at Colorado.

Back