1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cu apr

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by DBT, Nov 18, 2013.

1. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

No, not Academic Progress Rating. CU "After Paul Richardson." I know we can't replace him and he makes our passing game click. So, who will step up next year? Can a guy like Jeff Thomas pick up the slack? Will not having PRich stunt Sefo's growth?

2. Quattro

Quattro Banned BANNED Club Member

I just hope JT is still around next year

3. skinsfan55

skinsfan55 Club Member Club Member

Yeah, I don't know. I read in another thread that PRich was the 100th overall draft prospect which would put him either late in the 3rd or high in the 4th. Granted, NFL war rooms are a lot different than draft sites, but I figure he's a gonner if he's anywhere on the second day. One of the kids is going to have to step up to fill those cleats.

4. o_robbie

o_robbie I don't think before I post

For what its worth Walter Football had him ranked as a 1st RD draft pick. The kicker was he was coming out after his SR. year. Lets hope he has insider information.

5. tante

tante Club Member Club Member

This thread is so much better than the other Paul Richardson thread.

6. BuffUp

BuffUp W.T.T.F. Club Member

I understand the question DBT, but I want someone to step up regardless. We need all the skill players possible to make the opposing defenses spread out.

7. SECOBuffsFan

SECOBuffsFan Active Member

Adapt and survive. You might not get the production out of 1 guy, but our passing game will be just fine. The key to next year will be can we run the ball better and can we knock 10 to 20 ppg off of our defensive numbers

8. Quattro

Need one of the freshman to step up on the opposite side of Spruce

9. sliderNcider

sliderNcider MacLovin Club Member

Goodson and Ross have been disappointing. McCulloch has dropped off the planet

10. Quattro

Sefo needs to get the ball to DD, he gets open a decent amount.

11. Alfred91

Alfred91 Club Member Club Member

McCulloch dropped the only ball that went his way last week.

It's going to suck without PRich, but hopefully Thomas will be there and DD will keep improving. With Powell coming back into form and Adkins kicking ass, just having a vertical threat will be enough to keep the ground game going - hopefully.

Maybe Sefo will be able to keep the ball sometimes next year. I watched the 60 minute replay last night before the bball game, Cal wasn't respecting Sefo to run at all.

12. DBT

I so wanted to have "CU APR" in the title though. You know, 'cause its a play on acronyms.

13. BuffUp

BuffUp W.T.T.F. Club Member

Lindgren saving it for this weekend, Sefo runs for 150+ and throws for 250+.

14. tante

tante Club Member Club Member

I don't get it. What does the Annual Percentage Rate have to do with P-Rich

15. buffaholic

buffaholic Club Member Club Member

This.

'Tini - I completely disagree. Goodson flat out cannot get open. He is a very small target which compounds it for the QB. I watched the receivers rather than the ball for a good part of the game on Saturday and Goodson doesn't get good separation. He is blanketed.

So, I can only conclude that the true freshman were not very ready to play (optimistic view) or will never be better than DD (pessimistic view). Believe it is somewhere in between but color me as very concerned. Juco here is a necessity.

The answer to the OP is none of us know what we have coming for next year.

16. Quattro

I went and rewatched the offense, he was open a good amount. Problem is, he's often the 3rd checkdown and the ball usually goes to PRich or Spruce

17. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

McCulloch is the same receiver he always been.

18. DBT

He's never done much. He was pretty successful when he first arrived, but not much since.

19. buffaholic

BS. You can't see if he's open from rewatching TV. I watched the game live and focused on the receivers and he is almost never open.

20. Quattro

[Redacted]

Last edited: Nov 19, 2013
  21. TimmyDUBs

TimmyDUBs Dirty haole Club Member

Spruce is a solid part of any PAC 12 offense for his reliability, but we'd prefer him to be a second or (even better) third guy.

DD is kind of an enigma. He is great in space, but he either doesn't look open very often or he is open on the side of the field that gets ignored. Next year I hope the coaches can scheme and move him around to give him the best opportunity to get the ball in his hands. Oh yeah, he doesn't seem to have the greatest hands, either...I root for him as much or more than any of the WRs.

I said it last year and I'll say it now. McCulloch is the least athletic guy on our team. I am sure he works hard and is a good guy, but I'm afraid he provides no threat outside of being tall.

The Ross situation is kind of frustrating. I don't see practices so maybe I am missing something, but he seems fast and dynamic. Why not give him some returns and just put him into the offense to help stretch the field? If we're saving Sefo's running game for USC then I hope we're saving JT for that game, too.

22. buffaholic

Fast guys stretching the field really doesn't accomplish anything if they don't have the skills to get open. If you send McCullough on a fly pattern they will have to cover that space/man the same as if Ross ran it.
    If it's PRich running that route, he takes two guys up as the Safety is helping over the top. Ross doesn't command that respect and it's not because he isn't fast enough.

The issue is about getting off the LOS, and getting open. Spruce and Richardson both do. The others mostly don't. If we are going to make up for PRich next year, we need guys to step up big time (besides Spruce). We haven't seen a glimpse of that potential yet from anyone else.

23. CUFan

CUFan Welcome back Club Member

We need Simmons. He should have been really freaking good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk