What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU @ Arizona St. prediction thread

for some reason, i was hoping for a better avatar from the poster above....:huh:

(not that its bad but your name....)

:smile2: welcome noob.

Because Cody is undefeated in his last 60 starts. Because this is a payback game. Because Charles and J-fly add potency on the ground and in the air. Because the defense will watch the tapes and take ownership for playing loose. Because of the offseason conditioning. Because the dust devils are cocky after fresno and don't respect CU. Because Matt Lubick & Craig Bray are on the ASU sideline. Because the Buffs are a team of destiny. Because it's more honorable to be wrong in support the Buffs than use conventional wisdom at the price of 'traitor Rep'...

Make mine CU 27 ASsU 24

Hehe I'm going to have to respectfully disagree with you for couple of reasons... (of course... I AM a Sun Devil haha :smile:)

1: ASU has a much more physical defense that left SJSU (not Fresno...) tasting Frank Kush field all last saturday night.
2: ASU does respect CU. We consider you to be our toughest non-conference opponent, and we plan on filling the stadium to meet the occasion.
3: Carpenter's thumb isn't broken like it was last year while playing you guys.
4: We return a MUCH more experienced receiving corp than we had last year.
5: The Sun Devils are done playing "flat" football. ASU thrashed SJSU, and you will see that same team come out against CU this Saturday.

I watched you guys against Colorado State (and rooted for you btw hehe) and after seeing both of our teams' first games... I'm going to have to go with this...

Final
ASU 34 - CU 17

You guys will catch our secondary on a couple good throws resulting in touchdowns. But as the game goes on, our running game will start to tire out your D, and we will use our depth to our advantage.

But I hope it is a great game! May the best team win! Good luck to all of you! :)

With Cody 60-0 as a starter, if he can stay healthy I don't see us losing any games for the next 4 yrs.

Cu 30
Asu 20

Last edited:
Keep seeing ASU fan calling this game a blow out. ASU fan is way too confident. ASU this decade is 46-40. In the 90s they had one decent season and 9 very average to below average seasons. Don't understand where their confidence is coming from- ASU has never been anything more than a very average BCS program.

That being said- we are still a year away. CU keeps it close, but ASU wins at home.

I like that ASU fans think that their team will RUTS on CU. Thrashing SjSU is not really a good way to gauge your team and on the other hand CU-CSU is completely different ball game for that matter. The games have always been close for the past few years no matter how good our teams were.

We win this game based on three simple facts:
- Our Offense and ST is better this year. Sipili and Kaynor get back to the game giving a much needed boost to Defensive depth
- Second year in the system
- Due to our superior conditioning, heat should really be a non issue, as we held our own in Georgia last year

:cool:
Keep seeing ASU fan calling this game a blow out. ASU fan is way too confident. ASU this decade is 46-40. In the 90s they had one decent season and 9 very average to below average seasons. Don't understand where their confidence is coming from- ASU has never been anything more than a very average BCS program.

That being said- we are still a year away. CU keeps it close, but ASU wins at home.

Hehehe, if we were only mediocre before, and we beat you in YOUR house... wait till you see us now in OUR house. :) Going to be a fun Saturday.

If you think CU was the only team that improved since last year, your going to be in for a surprise. :cool:

Suffering from a little heat stroke eh Sunny
Wait til you get a load of this years Buffs.

You guys will catch our secondary on a couple dozen good throws resulting in touchdowns.

"Fixed it for ya"

One thing you did get right. There will be one thing burning in Arizona when the Buffs come to town. Your secondary!

I see the predictions in this thread basically fall under the "think with your heart, not with your head" category. Which is fine... that's what being a fan is all about.

However, make no mistake about it, this is ASU's game to lose.

This is a team that is dramatically improved from last year's 7-win season. ASU has 10 returning starters on offense including the entire offensive line, their QB (now starting a 3rd year starter) and RB Ryan Torain - who rushed for nearly 1,200 yards last season.

Against San Jose State (a 9-win bowl team) they played a near flawless game, winning 45-3, but the score could have been so much worse considering the domination from the starters (31-3 at halftime). Torain carried 17 times for 123 yards and 3 TDs (again, mostly in the first half).

No one is over looking CU. ASU is at home. It will be 100 degrees. The place will be packed.

ASU will cover the 14 point spread, absolutely no doubt in my mind.

Also, forgot to add... the entire program has a new energy from the Dennis Erickson hire - new optimism, excitement, etc.

It's definitely too early to tell if Erickson will work his magic like he did with Miami (2 national championships) or Oregon State (top 10 season, BCS Fiesta Bowl win) but if you read the quotes from the players and the reporters who cover the team, there is definitely a new intensity to the team that wasn't there last year.

Also, forgot to add... the entire program has a new energy from the Dennis Erickson hire - new optimism, excitement, etc.

It's definitely too early to tell if Erickson will work his magic like he did with Miami (2 national championships) or Oregon State (top 10 season, BCS Fiesta Bowl win)

Don't forget to count the probations while you are counting the championships.... :huh:

200px-Seinfeld_Ep_109_The_Face_Painter.png

We don't need to sell our souls... we're already the devils. ;)

Probations....schmobations...

We don't need to sell our souls... we're already the devils.

Is it just me or are there more Devils lurking around this year. So far 4 or 5 not including the ones in disguise.

Also, forgot to add... the entire program has a new energy from the Dennis Erickson hire - new optimism, new cars, new TVs, new bailbondsmen, etc.

Fixed it for you Ralph Malph!

Make mine...
Buffs 27
Sun Worshippers 24

It's definitely too early to tell if Erickson will work his magic like he did with Miami (2 national championships) or Oregon State (top 10 season, BCS Fiesta Bowl win) but if you read the quotes from the players and the reporters who cover the team, there is definitely a new intensity to the team that wasn't there last year.

well, first, thanks for acknowledging that this is CU fan site so, yeah, we are mostly going to have homer picks. i won't pick a CU loss even when the odds are up against the Buffs. it is just how it is.

it is way too early in the year to be making sweeping judgments about which team has improved more or whatever. but, i will say that, objectively, CU will have its hands full on saturday night. ordinarily, i wouldn't be as worried about the asu running game as i am right now. b12 teams know how to deal with the run in general and CU has usually been very good at stopping the run of teams who scheme the way asu schemes. this year, however, may be a problem because we've got some real issues in our interior defense. even so, i think CU will show up. they are playing much better than last year and the off season s/c work is noticeably improved. there is a reason that asu is a 2+ td favorite but let's see how it goes.

oh, and erickson will get you guys in trouble as you must undoubtedly know. if he does get you to the top, it will be because you guys allowed him to use the methods that have worked for him in the past. and those methods have resulted in a litany of ills in his prior jobs. this is big boy football and there are no choirboys, but he's a particularly bad guy, in my opinion. the worst case scenario for you guys is if he doesn't get you to the top but still gets your program in a lot of trouble. if that happens, i wonder what you'll think of him then? you are still in the honeymoon period.

well, first, thanks for acknowledging that this is CU fan site so, yeah, we are mostly going to have homer picks. i won't pick a CU loss even when the odds are up against the Buffs. it is just how it is.

it is way too early in the year to be making sweeping judgments about which team has improved more or whatever. but, i will say that, objectively, CU will have its hands full on saturday night. ordinarily, i wouldn't be as worried about the asu running game as i am right now. b12 teams know how to deal with the run in general and CU has usually been very good at stopping the run of teams who scheme the way asu schemes. this year, however, may be a problem because we've got some real issues in our interior defense. even so, i think CU will show up. they are playing much better than last year and the off season s/c work is noticeably improved. there is a reason that asu is a 2+ td favorite but let's see how it goes.

oh, and erickson will get you guys in trouble as you must undoubtedly know. if he does get you to the top, it will be because you guys allowed him to use the methods that have worked for him in the past. and those methods have resulted in a litany of ills in his prior jobs. this is big boy football and there are no choirboys, but he's a particularly bad guy, in my opinion. the worst case scenario for you guys is if he doesn't get you to the top but still gets your program in a lot of trouble. if that happens, i wonder what you'll think of him then? you are still in the honeymoon period.

Schemes the way ASU schemes? lol, comon man, you have absolutely no clue what the new coaching staff is doing. Unless you saw the SJSU game, I wouldn't make any predictions untill maybe halftime this saturday. lol :cool:

I got to see your game, AND our game. :) I am confident.

As for Erickson getting us into trouble? Doubtfull. Lisa Love (our AD) won't put up with it. In fact she had a sit down with Erickson and they talked about it before his hire. So far Erickson has emphasized discipline and respect on our team. :thumbsup:

As for Erickson getting us into trouble? Doubtfull. Lisa Love (our AD) won't put up with it. In fact she had a sit down with Erickson and they talked about it before his hire. So far Erickson has emphasized discipline and respect on our team. :thumbsup:

No ****?!?! cus...well..... usually coaches are preaching lawlessness and wretched behavior.:huh:

Yes, I am sure Erickson only cheated at Miami and Oregon State because the Athletic Directors at both schools told him to.

:lol:

Yes, I am sure Erickson only cheated at Miami and Oregon State because the Athletic Directors at both schools told him to.

:lol: :yeahthat:

Back