What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU at Auburn Gameday thread

3529623-9859533932--simb.jpg
V0RV7NF3IHQH6AP8-fill640x320.jpg

Good game.

Hated the mid-first half lull, but otherwise a solid effort in front of a hostile crowd.

King could boost us from middle of the pack to top level contender if he keeps playing like this.

The crazy thing about king is he doesn't seem fazed by big moments. Every time the crowd got rowdy he just drained a shot and it looked effortless. Haven't seen that from a player at colorado in a while.

That's what a good point guard will do for you. It hasn't been that way since before the injury to the Mayor.

This. So far there is a quiet confidence with this team. After 2 tough road games they haven't had that desperate look yet. Great to see King go off like that!!!!

I watched the game (recorded) then read this thread. All I can say is HAHA! at slider, da lama and zandi!! That was some entertaining thread reading!!

Man, I didn't feel great about this game to begin with and when we went down by double digits, I figured it was a loss. But the composure we showed in steadily reeling them in was SO damned impressive. Last year, we'd have lost by 15 or 20. King George was really impressive and Josh looked totally in control. This team has a lot of really good pieces. I think Fortune will become a difference maker once he settles in. That outside threat that he and King bring will open things up inside, hopefully. Just a really impressive and solid win.

I watched the game (recorded) then read this thread. All I can say is HAHA! at slider, da lama and zandi!! That was some entertaining thread reading!!

Man, I didn't feel great about this game to begin with and when we went down by double digits, I figured it was a loss. But the composure we showed in steadily reeling them in was SO damned impressive. Last year, we'd have lost by 15 or 20. King George was really impressive and Josh looked totally in control. This team has a lot of really good pieces. I think Fortune will become a difference maker once he settles in. That outside threat that he and King bring will open things up inside, hopefully. Just a really impressive and solid win.

Agreed - he's talented and I believe he'll take over a few games. This stretch of lower-level competition is just what he needs to get his sea legs back before going into Moby.

There were a lot of ticky tack fouls in this game, I thought, against both teams. Akyazili had a couple called against him that were pretty questionable. I didn't even think about it until after the game that we are now using a 30 second clock. I really liked the faster pace. I think it'll suit the Buffs. Especially in Boulder.

Crazy game from a lot of aspects. The new rules seem to take away the physicality the Buffs used to like when defending. Now the opposition is getting the basket more easily in the past. On the flip side with CU hitting free throws consistently (which statistically is where they won the game) it was helpful to have fouls called frequently against Auburn. It will be interesting to see what happens with the way games are called this season. So far it seems so different than last season in that almost any contact is now a foul. It makes defending one-on-one almost impossible while scoring a lot of points probable.

Obviously King was a bit of a revelation in that time and time again he hit majorly important shots. I really liked his Spencer Dinwiddie impression in the second half where he took contact on the perimeter then banked in a shot for and "and one." Early in the game it was all treys by King George I, as the game rolled along he became more diverse. His confidence was really impression.

How about the vintage Scott on offense? He took 10 shots from the field and scored 24 points. That's real efficiency.

Now if Fortune can become the third scorer on the team that would be great.

Still need to see more consistency/confidence from from the other bigs.

This team and last year's is night and day.

I certainly won't question Ski's heart and desire, but last year's offense had no flow with Booker running the show. After seeing the first two games, I certainly see more wins on the schedule than I did before the season.

P.S. Mods, can we institute a stricter policing of Live Gameday threads? I get being critical of certain plays/players, but why would I want to come to a CU BBall thread and read the sh*t that Zandi, Lama, and SlidNsidehim spout the entire time?

P.S. Mods, can we institute a stricter policing of Live Gameday threads? I get being critical of certain plays/players, but why would I want to come to a CU BBall thread and read the sh*t that Zandi, Lama, and SlidNsidehim spout the entire time?
Those game threads are a cesspool whenever things go bad. I've dipped in from time to time when guys go overboard, but it's never going to be consistent just because it's so foul. Also, I like to enjoy the actual games. It's why I'm a CU fan after all.

Those game threads are a cesspool whenever things go bad. I've dipped in from time to time when guys go overboard, but it's never going to be consistent just because it's so foul. Also, I like to enjoy the actual games. It's why I'm a CU fan after all.
Try reading a football game day thread. It's the one place I'm okay with the idiots bunching up and flaming away.

Thanks. It's just baffling to me why anyone with the mentality of those three would even dedicate any of their time to watching CU sports. It certainly doesn't seem to be a rewarding or worthwhile endeavor for them. If the games made me that angry and irrational I would stop watching them.

General mentality - for me at least - on game thread moderation is that people have what I would call "game thread enthusiasm". Hyperbole tends to go to the extreme and as long as nothing is wildly over the line, we let a lot more slide.

Yesterday I was reminded why I don't follow game threads. I won't be in them the rest of the year during the game. Might read through after the fact, but at that point moderating won't matter.

As mentioned already they are a cesspool of in-the-moment overreaction, often by people who don't know or understand basketball well enough.

I also hate all "Live" threads because they mess up the posts' order on mobile, so there's old and new posts mixed on the same page making it even more frustrating to read.

So, let me get this straight, you are advocating censorship? Do you think the mods have the time to do that or that they want the responsibility? If posters are being idots, then its up to everyone else to call 'em out on it. Besides, I really enjoyed watching the game and then reading the posts after the fact. It was a good laugh watching the tenor of their posts change as the game went on.

It was a good laugh watching the tenor of their posts change as the game went on.
Or disappear entirely... As someone said earlier on, got to get used to bball flow. Game of runs and all that.
Can't wait for Friday!

I didn't read the gameday thread until later as I watched the game on delay. Had to take advantage of daylight to dig out from the storm.

It might make sense to move a lot of the gameday discussion over to chat instead of a place where stupidity and emotion gets saved until somebody deletes it or it is forgotten about like in the regular forums.

The game day thread could still be there but with some more strict expectations regarding things like slamming kids, etc.

Holy **** did King look good yesterday. Zisk pointed this out at BST yesterday, but he's a completely different player. The play that showed his transformation was the floater in the lane that he had in the second half. That's a big time shot. His shot selection still causes me to break out in to hives, but he's making a good chunk of them so I can't say anything. We definitely have our new Ski.

Lost in the King madness yesterday was love for Josh though. Dude was 8-10 from the field, 8-10 from the line for 28 points and 8 boards. ORtg of 148. Know it's a limited defensive team, and a small sample size, but those are potential All-American numbers. And how about Dom? Completely new player this year so far. I discussed his turnovers in the Iowa St game thread, but yesterday he had 5 assists to only 2 turnovers. He was calm, in control and got 8 points for us. Kept the show running. And he was our best perimeter defender yesterday.

Speaking of that, perimeter D has to get better. Fletch & Fortune are better defenders than they've shown. And King has the potential to be better. Those three have to tighten up a touch - especially Fletch. He's looking incredibly un-Fletch like so far. I know he can do it. Honestly, other than Dom and Akyazili (more on him in a minute), I don't have a whole lot of faith in our perimeter D so far.

On top of his solid D, I was pleasantly surprised why Yaz's game overall. He was doing lots of little things out there. Having a solid 3rd PG who can play 5-10 minutes a game is going to be huge for us this year. Especially if Tad continues to do the 2 fouls in the first hafl and you sit rule that I'm firmly convinced is going to shave 3 years off of my life.

Then there's Wes.... Not sure there's a bigger fan of Wes on this board than me, but man... Wes... holy ****. Honestly, it's making me think of Dre's junior year. They felt like they needed to do more to show what they can do, and they kind of forgot what made them great. He looks like he's thinking WAY too much out there. With King stepping up, and Fortune putting up solid numbers (11 pts yesterday on 3 of 7 from 3 and an ORtg of 110), we don't need him to be an offensive juggernaut. Go back to rebounding and playing D Wes. I have faith in you.

The team has a little wind in their sails, so I'm curious to see how they come out against Portland. Previous Buff teams have a tendency to let down after a game like yesterday. I want to see them go for the throat.

Lot of good points Goose,

Dom playing like a guy who is confident and comfortable in his role. He knows he doesn't need to score a lot or do spectacular things, he just needs to make use of the weapons he has around him and not be a negative for the team. He did that very well. What I liked a lot was that when Dom was in there it didn't look like he was going to let our offense go stagnant like it has so often in the past, he kept the ball and his teammates moving and involved.

Jelly is a stablizing force out there. Might be the quietest 28 and 8 ever seen. Nothing spectacular, nothing that will show up on a highlight film, but lots of plays that will frustrate a defense. Also notable with Josh is that is seemed like he did a lot of his damage at moments when it was needed the most. His numbers came when the the game was in question and often when it

I am a Wes fan as well. I agree with you that he is thinking to much and expecting to do things instead of just playing. Once he relaxes he will become a major asset for us because he is the kind of player who can be disruptive on defense.

Back