What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU@Game CU At The Game: Colorado Daily – Idaho State

RSSBot

News Junkie

Colorado Daily – Idaho State

Idaho State cruises in opener, taking down Division II Simon Fraser

From the Idaho State athletics website … The Idaho State football team opened the 2016 season with a 47-3 win over Simon Fraser on Saturday afternoon at Holt Arena. The Bengals tallied 543 yards of total offense while holding Simon Fraser to 233.

Tanner Gueller threw for 338 yards and three touchdowns while completing 24 passes on 36 attempts. KW Williamscaught four passes for 121 yards and two touchdowns. Jakori Ford rushed for 68 yards on 12 carries and one touchdown.

Defensively, Joe Martin had nine tackles while Mario Jenkins and Jake Pettiteach had seven. The Bengals had 13 tackles for loss and four sacks. Joe Martin and Ryan Shields had their first career interceptions while Adkin Aquirre recovered a fumble.

The ISU defense forced Simon Fraser into nine punts, three turnovers and one safety. The Clan from Simon Fraser also was held to -22 yards rushing.

The Bengals scored on their first possession when Gueller hit an open Williams on a 37-yard strike with 12:32 to play in the first quarter. The Bengals added 19 second quarter points to lead 26-0 at the break. Ford had an 11-yard touchdown run, Zak Johnson kicked a 34-yard field goal and Gueller found Pat Carter in the end zone for a 29-yard pass. Simon Fraser also had a safety midway through the quarter.

Williams scored on a 63-yard touchdown pass from Gueller in the third. Following a Simon Fraser field goal with 5:16 left in the third, Tom Jewellscored a touchdown with 9:49 to play when he recovered a fumble in the end zone and four minutes later Michael Dean tallied a 15-yard touchdown run for the final score of the game.

Idaho State plays at Colorado next Saturday at 3:30 p.m. The game will be televised regionally on the Pac 12 Network in the state of Colorado.

but bear this in mind … The Clan from Simon Fraser has lost 14 in row since beating South Dakota School of Mines on Oct. 18, 2014.

Co-offensive coordinator Chiaverini admits to “getting emotional” over first game coaching Buffs

From CUBuffs.com … Bold, fast, decisive, and satisfying for Darrin Chiaverini, the former Buffs receiver who admitted to “getting emotional” Friday afternoon on the team’s bus ride from its overnight headquarters to Sports Authority Field at Mile High.

“Exciting,” he said, “especially for someone who played at Colorado and played in this game. It was emotional for me . . . I’m thinking, ‘I’m at the University of Colorado and I’m going to walk out there with the Buffaloes.’ That’s special; it means a lot to me as a person, someone who bled on Folsom, bled on Mile High. It was a really cool moment.”

It was also very cool for “Coach Chev” to watch the offense he co-coordinates with Brian Lindgren score on three of its first four possessions, roll to a 21-0 first-quarter lead, go up 31-0 at halftime and ultimately demolish Colorado State, 44-7. The Buffs amassed 578 yards – 318 passing, 260 rushing – all numbers that produced opening-night satisfaction for Chiaverini and befuddled CSU coach Mike Bobo and his defense.

“I thought our guys played really well,” Chiaverini said. “For the first game and to have all the different tweaks to the offense – I mean, you can see a different look from us. It’s much different from what’s been done in the past.

Continue reading story here

—–

Stuart
Continue reading...

Back