What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU@Game CU At The Game: Colorado Daily – Oregon

RSSBot

News Junkie

Colorado Daily – Oregon

September 18th

… CU in a few minutes …

Tweet of the Day, from defensive coordinator Jim Leavitt: “4:00 a.m. Couldn’t sleep. At office watching film. It burns inside me. We have good guys who want to win. Must work harder – smarter. Go Buffs”

Jim Leavitt not willing to settle for moral victories

Quotes from the Daily Camera … “We lost and that burns my behind,” Leavitt said as he stood outside of Michigan Stadium. “I didn’t come here to play close. I came here to beat Michigan. That was all my mindset and we didn’t get it done, so it burns my behind. That’s all there is to it.”

… What really burned the Buffs, however, was dismal play on special teams. Leavitt has often said that special teams is the most important phase of the game.

“Critical,” he said. “It’s the No. 1 thing. It really hurt us today. We weren’t good enough. There’s a lot of defensive guys on there. We weren’t good enough there, but we weren’t good enough anywhere. We have to be better on defense; special teams certainly, everybody saw that; that was glaring. But also offensively. We all have to be better. Coaches have to be better.

“We didn’t deserve to win that game. We messed up way too much. We had it going for a while, but it’s a 60-minute ball game. At halftime I was fine. I felt like we’d come out and beat them in the second half. We didn’t get it done in the second half.”

… “I didn’t come to Colorado to play people close,” he said. “I came to Colorado to help build a program and to win games like this, you know? I didn’t come here to mess around. That’s not part of my whole deal.

“I’m telling you, Colorado can win. There’s no excuses. I’m just telling you. I don’t want to hear excuses. We have to coach better. It’s hard on us. Players don’t go out and make mistakes because they just want to make mistakes. We have to do a better job of coaching.”

Colorado outside of both polls after loss to Michigan

Not that it was a surprise, but Colorado, which had received one vote in each poll after the Colorado State win, and two votes in each poll after the Idaho State rout, did not generate any interest in the polls after Week Three.

The Pac-12 remains at three schools in the poll this week, with Stanford and Washington in the top ten. Utah joined the poll at No. 24, with Oregon dropping out. Four other Pac-12 schools received votes this week.

The Associated Press poll:

1. Alabama
2. Ohio State
3. Louisville
4. Michigan
5. Clemson
6. Houston
7. Stanford
8. Michigan State
9. Washington
10. Texas A&M
11. Wisconsin
12. Georgia
13. Florida State
14. Tennessee
15. Miami (Fla.)
16. Baylor
17. Arkansas
18. LSU
19. Florida
20. Nebraska
21. Texas
22. San Diego State
23. Ole Miss
24. Utah
25. Oklahoma​

Others Receiving Votes: TCU (2-1) 132; UCLA (2-1) 74; North Dakota State (3-0) 74; Boise State (2-0) 69; Iowa (2-1) 47; California (2-1) 44; Oklahoma State (2-1) 42; Notre Dame (1-2) 32; Oregon (2-1) 23; Georgia Tech (3-0) 17; North Carolina (2-1) 17; Central Michigan (3-0) 16; South Florida (3-0) 7; Toledo (3-0) 6; Western Michigan (3-0) 6; Maryland (3-0) 3; Arizona State (3-0) 3; Virginia Tech (2-1) 1

USA Today coaches’ poll:

1. Alabama
2. Ohio State
3. Clemson
4. Louisville
5. Michigan
6. Stanford
7. Houston
8. Michigan State
9. Washington
10. Wisconsin
11. Georgia
12. Tennessee
13. Texas A&M
14. Florida State
15. Baylor
16. Florida
17. LSU
18. Arkansas
19. Miami (Fla.)
20. Nebraska
21. Ole Miss
21. TCU
23. Utah
24. Texas
25. Iowa​

Others Receiving Votes: Oklahoma (1-2) 106; North Carolina (2-1) 95; San Diego State (3-0) 87; UCLA (2-1) 81; Boise State (2-0) 62; Oregon (2-1) 50; Oklahoma State (2-1) 46; Arizona State (3-0) 34; South Florida (3-0) 32; Georgia Tech (3-0) 28; Notre Dame (1-2) 23; West Virginia (2-0) 19; Western Michigan (3-0) 16; Minnesota (2-0) 11; Navy (3-0) 10; Central Michigan (3-0) 6; Toledo (3-0) 6; California (2-1) 6; Maryland (3-0) 4; Kansas State (1-1) 4; Memphis (2-0) 4; Auburn (1-2) 2; Army West Point (3-0) 2; Western Kentucky (2-1) 2

—–

September 17th

… CU in a few minutes …

CU kicker Diego Gonzalez lost for the season with a torn Achilles

From the Denver Post … Colorado suffered a major blow following the team’s 45-28 loss to Michigan on Saturday with the news that kicker Diego Gonzalez will miss the rest of the season with a torn right Achilles tendon.

“Anybody we lose is a big loss, but he was kicking it really well and was doing some great things for us,” CU coach Mike MacIntyre said. “We’ve lost him with that Achilles for the year.”

Gonzalez, who was on crutches and in a walking boot after the game, suffered the injury while chasing down Michigan returner Jabrill Peppers on the kickoff following CU’s touchdown to open the third quarter.

“I just kind of rolled my ankle and felt something,” said Gonzalez, who added that he was expecting to undergo further tests on the injury once the Buffs return to Boulder.

—–

Stuart
Continue reading...

Back