What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU@Game CU At The Game: Colorado Daily

RSSBot

News Junkie

Colorado Daily – Spring

May 7th

CU in a few minutes …

A total of 49 CU student-athletes graduating this weekend

From cubuffs.com … Forty nine University of Colorado Boulder student-athletes received their respective degrees at Spring Commencement ceremonies Saturday at Folsom Field. The list of CU student-athlete graduates included 14 from football, eight from cross country/track & field, seven from soccer, six from skiing, four from men’s basketball and women’s golf, two from volleyball and one each from lacrosse, tennis, men’s golf and women’s basketball.

Football graduates … Edward Caldwell, John Finch, Addison Gillam, Diego Gonzalez, Jeromy Irwin, Colin Johnson, Derek McCartney, Marques Mosley, Christian Powell, Wyatt Smith, John Tuso, John Walker, De’Jon Wilson, Yuri Wright

Men’s basketball graduates … Xavier Johnson, Shannon Sharpe, Eli Stalzer, Xavier Talton

CU opens as a six-point favorite over Colorado State … USC and UCLA underdogs in their openers

The betting website 5dimes.com has posted some early opening weekend spreads. Colorado is listed as a six-point favorite over Colorado State in the September 2nd opener in Denver.

Other Pac-12 opening lines:

— Cal is a 22 1/2-point favorite over Hawai’i (game to be played in Sydney, Australia

— Oregon State is a six-point underdog on the road against Minnesota

— Stanford is an 18 1/2-point favorite at home against Kansas State

— Arizona is a 1 1/2-point underdog at home against BYU

— UCLA is a three-point underdog on the road against Texas A&M

— USC is a 13-point underdog against Alabama (game to be played in Arlington, Texas)

— Washington is a 20 1/2-point favorite at home against Rutgers

—–

May 6th

… CU in a few minutes …

Derek McCartney and Addison Gillam set to graduate with two years of eligibility still remaining

From cubuffs.com … There’s something to be said for mapping out your future, particularly if you are about to become a college graduate.

Colorado football player Derek McCartney has quite obviously done his homework in that regard — but depending upon the circumstances, his path will take one of two wildly divergent roads two years from now.

McCartney is a starting outside linebacker for the Buffs who will graduate this weekend after just seven semesters at CU. He’ll pick up his diploma in Integrative Physiology and still have two years of NCAA eligibility remaining. (While it is a rarity for an athlete to earn his or her degree with two years of eligibility still left, two Buffs could manage the feat this year. Along with McCartney, inside linebacker Addison Gillam is also slated to pick up his degree this weekend and will also have two years of eligibility remaining.)

“I don’t know that I ever planned to graduate this early, but as time went on, as I was planning my schedule, I figured out I could finish up early,” McCartney said. “It just kept unfolding and was really cool to see how God’s plan helped me graduate quicker.”

The task of graduating with a college degree in four years is not easy. Earning a degree while also devoting all the time and effort necessary to participating in Division I sports make the task that much more difficult.

Doing both in less than four years is … well, a daunting task, to say the least.

Continue reading story here

—–

Stuart
Continue reading...

Back