What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU at the Game - "T.I.P.S." for Saturday's game posted

MontanaBuff

Greetings, Buff fans, from CU at the Game!

Once a year, just like Punxsutawney Phil, I show up on AllBuffs to post a thread promoting www.cuatthegame.com (I then retreat to my little hole in the ground - in order to avoid the wrath of the Sackman!).

For those of you new to AllBuffs, I post a preview for each week's game (usually on Wednesday's), under the heading of "T.I.P.S." for Saturday.
Here's a few paragraphs to give you an idea of what this week's posting is like:

T - Talent

Any discussion concerning Hawai'i begins and ends with the Warriors' senior quarterback, Bryant Moniz. A veteran of 22 starts over the past two seasons, Moniz was the nation's leading passer in 2010, with 5,040 yards passing and 39 touchdowns (For purposes of comparison, Colorado team records for passing yards and touchdowns in a season were set in 1996 by Koy Detmer,with 3,156 yards and 22 touchdowns) ...

I - Intangibles

Both teams have reason to take positives from the 2010 matchup in Boulder.
Hawai'i can look at the Colorado game as "the one that got away". The final score was 31-13, but the game did not start with any indication that the contest would turn into a Colorado rout ...

P - Preparation / Schedule

If you have been with CU at the Game for any length of time, you know that my major beef with the Rocky Mountain Showdown is not so much the location of the game (though I don't like it) as it is the timing of the game.
Colorado is annually placed in the position of allowing little brother Colorado State extra time to prepare for what the Rams see as their biggest game of the season ...

S - Statistics

It's been 267 days since Jon Embree was hired as Colorado's head coach. So this statistic has probably been mentioned 267 times: Last season, with two future NFL draft picks at cornerback, Colorado finished 110th in the nation in pass defense. Meanwhile Hawai'i, whose 5,000-yard quarterback returns, led the nation in passing offense.
Okay, now we've got that one out of the way ...

While the previews and the reviews are regular features at CU at the Game, the fact is that I do post something everyday. Whether it has to do with injuries, the Pac-12 Network, news about an upcoming opponent, recruiting rumors, or quotable quotes from the coaches and players, if it is relevant to CU football, you will likely be able to find it at CU at the Game. I hope you will give it a try ... www.cuatthegame.com. I should also note that there is an email update list for the truly hardcore Buff fan (yes, it's free). If you would like to be on the email update list, just drop me a note at cuatthegame@gmail.com.

Thanks, as always, to my good friends here at AllBuffs for supporting CU at the Game!!

Love your previews, Montana.

I strongly encourage everyone to check out that site and to post some game memories in the incredible Buff game archive he has there.

I can now officially declare this GAME WEEK!!:dance: :rock3::woot:

Thanks Montana!!

EDIT: I should have mentioned... CUATTHEGAME is a GREAT CU site! Neglect visiting at your own peril.

Last edited:
I've been waiting for the TIPS since last year. Let's do this thing!

:iagree: Let's get this thing going! I don't know how the Buffs will fare on Saturday, but the Buff Nation is certainly ready to get the Jon Embree era underway!!

Thanks to all those who posted, above. I appreciate the kind words and comments. CU at the AllBuffs tailgate next weekend!! :drink2:

Back