What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU at Utah pregame thread

We are Furked. utes are going to put the nail in the coffin for 2015 CU football. Hope for a win, just don't see it happening. Get out of utah after the game and shuffle the deck, for a new deal next season. It should be all in for the Win.

Utah hasn't beaten any of our wretched squads by more than a score since we joined the Pac. I think we lose by 7.

Will either team have much to play for? I think Utah does not want to lose 3 in row and Whittingham will have them up for a better bowl game and a 10 win season still on the table.

I think this is a bad match up for CU. Utah is very physical up front and I expect them to try to grind CU down. Booker is out but Utah runs about 70% of the time so I do not expect them to go away from that. They do not have a very deep RB rotation.

I think the biggest issue will be the Utah defense. With a freshman QB getting his second start I expect Utah to bring a lot of pressure. With Utah having a good run defense and CU having the worst rushing offense in the league (ypa) means that winning the game would be on Apsay's passing ability...A very tough situation.

Utah is struggling badly right now. Our depth is not where it needs to be to compete for the conference championship. All teams have injuries to big play makers by this point in the season. No team in the PAC 12 has lost more talent to injury this season than UCLA, and they just came into our house and beat us. We couldn't even score a touchdown for the first time in over three years.

I really believe this game with CU could go either way.

Got a few questions for you.

A group of friends and I are traveling out to SLC for this game. So where do visitors park for tailgating? The parking website is not entirely clear. Also how early do lots open? Is it just 3 hours prior to kickoff as is posted online? How much does parking cost?

Any restaurant/beer recs? Have heard good things about "The Pie" near campus, and also "The Bayou" near downtown

Will either team have much to play for? I think Utah does not want to lose 3 in row and Whittingham will have them up for a better bowl game and a 10 win season still on the table.

I think this is a bad match up for CU. Utah is very physical up front and I expect them to try to grind CU down. Booker is out but Utah runs about 70% of the time so I do not expect them to go away from that. They do not have a very deep RB rotation.

I think the biggest issue will be the Utah defense. With a freshman QB getting his second start I expect Utah to bring a lot of pressure. With Utah having a good run defense and CU having the worst rushing offense in the league (ypa) means that winning the game would be on Apsay's passing ability...A very tough situation.
and Wilson actually runs pretty well, we know how our Lb's handle running Qb's.

I want to see effort. I want to see some pride. I can't stand it when these kids don't leave it all on the field. It just makes no sense to me.

A group of friends and I are traveling out to SLC for this game. So where do visitors park for tailgating? The parking website is not entirely clear. Also how early do lots open? Is it just 3 hours prior to kickoff as is posted online? How much does parking cost?

Any restaurant/beer recs? Have heard good things about "The Pie" near campus, and also "The Bayou" near downtown

If you are staying in SLC park and take the Trax light rail to the stadium. Parking around the stadium sucks you will have to walk far. The Green Pig is a good bar downtown. Gracie's is a good bar downtown. A friend of mine owns Epic Brewing on State Street, great local brewer. Squatters brew pub and Redrock Brewing are also downtown. Everything downtown is within walking distance and Trax light rail will drop you in the middle of it and also take you up to the campus. Pretty easy to navigate SLC. For easy food options, 400 South (or 4th) is a main way up to the campus and passes right in front of the stadium... lower on 400 South you will have dozens of choices.

Last edited:
If you are staying in SLC park and take the Trax light rail to the stadium. Parking around the stadium sucks you will have to walk far. The Green Pig is a good bar downtown. Gracie's is a good bar downtown. A friend of mine owns Epic Brewing on State Street, great local brewer. Squatters brew pub and Redrock Brewing are also downtown. Everything downtown is within walking distance and Trax light rail will drop you in the middle of it and also take you up to the campus. Pretty easy to navigate SLC. For easy food options, 400 South (or 4th) is a main way up to the campus and passes right in front of the stadium... lower on 400 South you will have dozens of choices.

Parking downtown doesn't allow for tailgating. Thanks for the beer choices, will definitely check them out.

300x300.jpg

If you are staying in SLC park and take the Trax light rail to the stadium. Parking around the stadium sucks you will have to walk far. The Green Pig is a good bar downtown. Gracie's is a good bar downtown. A friend of mine owns Epic Brewing on State Street, great local brewer. Squatters brew pub and Redrock Brewing are also downtown.
Everything I've tried from Epic has been very, very good; but I haven't been to SLC in awhile so I've yet to visit their brewpub yet. Squatters has been around for a long time, but the beer is just OK. I like The Bayou on State Street; it's got a good vibe and tons of beers on tap.

We will be out there with a group of 6. Go every year it's an away game.

Hit the BeerHive, really interesting beer bar downtown.

The lightrail really is the best way to get to the stadium.

We will be out there with a group of 6. Go every year it's an away game.

Hit the BeerHive, really interesting beer bar downtown.

The lightrail really is the best way to get to the stadium.
Second the Beerhive recommendation. that was the only place I found worth a damn downtown last time I was there.

Be aware that you need to order your beers in bottles, though. In Utah, an establishment can only serve beer below 4.0% ABV on draught. Also, places can only serve beer with ABV higher than that on premise if they have a hard liquor license. I was especially disappointed to learn this as the first place we went was Uinta- they make some awesome beers, but it was all their lesser beers on tap and they didn't have a hard liquor license so were unable to sell us any of their really good beers (Hop Nosh, Dubhe) for consumption in the tap room.

Haha its not Boulder, but its also not Tucson either.

Tucson is sandwiched between Saguaro NP, has the best Aviation museum west of Wright Patterson, and a light rail system that makes drinking really convenient. Plus Speedway Blvd has a pawn shop every block to fense stolen goods.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tucson is sandwiched between Saguaro NP, has the best Aviation museum west of Wright Patterson, and a light rail system that makes drinking really convenient. Plus Speedway Blvd has pawn shop every block to fense stolen goods.

I am not sure if you are arguing my point or proving it?

If we were ever successful executing screen passes and slants to avoid pressure is feel better about them dominating the trenches, at least a little

e
I will say this for them, Utah comes in a close second in terms of campus location.

city-of-utah.jpg
It's not bad looking to the South either. If you plan to tailgate just pull into the Guardsman lot across from the stadium one street East. Get there early. I don't remember what it costs to set up in there, I generally just walk over.

You can't park in the guardsman lot if you don't have a tailgate pass. If you're looking for cheap parking, got down to the Autism school on the corner of Sunnyside and Guardsman. I believe it's $5-$10 to park there, and it's a short walk down to the main tailgate lot.

Thanks big z. The only tailgating I do is beer drinking over there before kickoff. ;)
You can't park in the guardsman lot if you don't have a tailgate pass. If you're looking for cheap parking, got down to the Autism school on the corner of Sunnyside and Guardsman. I believe it's $5-$10 to park there, and it's a short walk down to the main tailgate lot.

Thanks, fellas. Good luck tomorrow. @Devildog, you're kind of pain in the ass, but entertaining. Stick around. All that being said, I think we step on your necks tomorrow. I don't have a good reason for it, but I've had that feeling for weeks about Utah specifically.

Back