1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CU Buffs coach Jon Embree: All in-state programs can thrive

Discussion in 'CU Buffs Newsroom' started by RSSBot, Jun 30, 2011.

1. RSSBot

RSSBot News Junkie

Jul 8, 2005
    By Joshua Lindenstein Camera Sports Writer

COLORADO SPRINGS -- The state of Division-I college football in Colorado has been rocky in recent years.

Originally posted by Daily Camera
    Click here to view the article.
  2. MtnBuff

MtnBuff Not allowed in Barzil 2 Club Member

Jan 11, 2008
    Interesting to see Wristen involved in this event.

With the changing money structure of college football I can see some major changes coming down the road, not this year or even the next five but 10-15 years out college football could look very different.

The bigger revenue schools like those in the AQ conferences plus a few of the other strong programs form a new upper division, AFA would be a strong candidate for this but not a guaranteed one. The majority of the mid-major, non-AQ schools drop down into what is currently FCS level with reduced schollies and travel and much lower expenses as a result. CSU despite their protest goes this direction putting them on a level with UNC. UNC and CSU would likely play in a regional conference with the Montana schools, the Dakotas, Wyo, maybe a couple of Idaho schools.

At the same time the people in Pueblo are really serious about building the football program at CSU-Pueblo. They get a lot of support from the area and other than the AFA are the only thing going in all of southern Colorado. I could see that program growing into a successful FCS program in the not to distant future.