1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CU Buffs' Jon Embree handcuffed by spring recruiting rule

Discussion in 'CU Buffs Newsroom' started by RSSBot, May 17, 2011.

1. RSSBot

RSSBot News Junkie

By Kyle Ringo Camera Sports Writer

In his previous jobs as an assistant coach in college football, Colorado head coach Jon Embree built a reputation as a strong recruiter.

Originally posted by Daily Camera
    Click here to view the article.

2. Clean Undies

Clean Undies Flagship of the 12-Pac Club Member

Whew. Figuratively handcuffed.

No real handcuffs were placed on the CU coach.

Every time the local media reports on CU, it sensationalizes the perception CU are a bunch of thugs.

What's the next off color headline? Embree shackled by NCAA rules...Embree whipped by state budget...Embree lynched by Boulder noise ordinances...Embree is a slave to perfection.

:sarcasm:

3. SINKRATZ

SINKRATZ Club Member Club Member

I have total faith in Embree, but I wasn't too crazy about his quotes on personally recruiting 15 players. To paraphrase, he said something like: if other schools wanted you so bad, how come their HC isn't calling you? What does that say to the 40 or so recruits that Embree isn't calling personally? Could have done without that quote.

4. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

If he gets those 15, it won't matter.

The cloth cuts both ways, and I get what you're saying. I actually thought the same thing. But the potential rewards far outweigh the risk, imo.

5. Mick Ronson

Mick Ronson Well-Known Member

nitpicking, but not sure Wisconsin was the best analogy/comparison. they haven't taken a header as a program the way we have in the last half decade or more. they've had some less than stellar years but nothing like our current string.

6. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

I think it was meant very specifically in terms of the season the Badgers turned in 3 years ago at 7-6 with a low-tier bowl. Agreed, though, that Wisconsin has been pretty consistent as a program for a long time now. That was a low ebb for them.