1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CU Buffs look to sack critics

Discussion in 'CU Buffs Newsroom' started by RSSBot, Jul 19, 2011.

1. RSSBot

RSSBot News Junkie

By Kyle Ringo Camera Sports Writer

Five years of losing, a coaching change and what some believe is the nation's toughest schedule have the college football preseason magazines predicting another sluggish season on the gridiron for the Colorado football program.

Originally posted by Daily Camera
    Click here to view the article.

2. JRK1212

JRK1212 Troll

I thought we only had to win six even with the extra game...?

3. CVilleBuff

CVilleBuff Club Member Club Member

Nope. No bowl for the Buffs with a losing record. It sucks, a CU squad that went 6-7 against the toughest schedule in the country would be far more deserving than any of the 10-15 usual suspects that get to 6-6 every year by playing 3 or 4 Idaho States and Eastern Michigans

4. Darian3Hagan

Darian3Hagan '89 Player of the Year Club Member

I just hope we can bag 7 wins.

5. CVilleBuff

CVilleBuff Club Member Club Member

I'm getting more confident in our chances. All these seniors have got to be sick of losing and anxious to cement a legacy of turning the tide, right? We're fortunate enough to return a QB and a 1300 yd rusher and nearly the whole O-Line, along with guys like P-Richh who the pundits aren't familiar with yet. I think there's a real chance this offense clicks and produces...the real question is whether we can get the pieces in place in the secondary to stop anybody. I mean, had they just run the ball instead of passing all over the place in the final minutes of KU last year they would have been bowling in spite of having the biggest moron football has ever known as coach. To me, that says something. It's tough to find 7 wins, but a few 'superior' teams are going to underestimate the Buffs and they're going to be sorry that they did. We're largely an unknown, and that's to our benefit.